Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Never really seen that as a sport...
    ... But damn its scary!!!

ReputationRep:
    I did Shotokan Karate when I was younger but stopped to play rugby. I did, however, start again when I went to High School, but it was Renshenkai (not sure about the spelling). I got a black belt in that!

I think I have a video with Andy Sherry on! It has some katas performed by the top Shotokan people, I bought it when I started the Shotokan.

ReputationRep:
    I do Kamishin Ryu and we use the Shotokan katas. Currently 2nd kyu, hopefully 1st by the end of Thursday night

I am a member of the local karate club (Peterlee Martial Arts Club) and in turn a member of the Isle of Man Karate Federation.

Been in club competitions and the federations annual comp. Current haul of trophies are 2nd place Kobudo (2003 club), 1st place Kobudo (2004 club), 2nd place Senior 9th-4th kyu kata (2004 club), 3rd place team kumite (2004 federation), 3rd 9th-4th kyu kata (2004 at another local club) and 4th team kata (2005 at the other local club, after one run through the kata).

Grade/belt order is: white, red (mon grades, only kiddies can get it), yellow with 2 tags (9th kyu), yellow (8th kyu), orange (7th), green (6th), blue (5th), purple (4th - assistant instructor), brown with 1 tag (3rd), brown with 2 tags (2nd), brown with 3 tags (1st), black and all of the dan grades.

ReputationRep:
    So Vitali Klitschko has now quit the ring on top of his game.

Whose going to take the belt? Rahman!
    Thats how bad heavyweight boxing is becoming.

Danny Williams lost last year to Klitschko, and is now fighting Audley Harrison soon. Once thats out the way, a fight with Rahman won't be too long away providing he still holds the belt (which I don't think he will).

Can you imagine, Audley Harrison as WBC Heavyweight champ?

Wow, now you know how much of a good fighter Lennox Lewis was. Its times like these that Lennox could be considered one of the true champs in the history stakes alonmg with the likes of Ali, Foreman etc.

ReputationRep:
    Thats exactly what i thought when i heard the news!

ReputationRep:
    Watch out for my man Dominik Quin, he can punch.

And Juan Carlos Gomez.

The HW division is at an alltime low, but there is some young talent coming thru the ranks.

ReputationRep:
    Tae-kwon-do is where its at.

ReputationRep:
    There's two problems with the XV - Thompson (if you've got Borthwick and Grewcock in because they're the best lineout jumpers in the Guinness Premiership, why not put in the hooker who knows them best too?) and in all honesty, Cohen. So he scored a hattrick. Most good wingers would against Viadana!

The Cueto criticism is certainly harsh. He was one of the few players who came out with credit from England's Six Nations last year and reputation intact after the Lions - I didn't see too many All Blacks going past him, the ball just never got out to him!

ReputationRep:
    Cricinfo is the best cricket site around!

ReputationRep:
    dominic GUINN is crap hes lost something like 2 of his last 3 fights one of those defeats was against james toney, a blown up middlweight.as for gomez he aint exactly young, has never fought any decent fighter ever and has a loss on his record against an unknown fighter...neither of those guys is what id call hot potential

ReputationRep:
    C'mon George come back again !!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    *bump*

Just got back from riding, so much fun. One question, how can the little 14hh thing I was riding cover more ground than the 17.2hh? ITs twice the size!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The AB's have no equal, as sad as it is for me to say. They are on fire. RICO! RICO! RICO!

Sorry, when I read the title I thought this had somethign to do with the Western Province Stormers. lol.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Glad you had fun!

Aww poor wee mite, I have a cute mental image now!

New horse arrives on Saturday. Have all his new stuff in boxes and ready to move to the yard. He's going on full livery as I've broken my foot but I'll still go up and see him. The yard owner will just help me out lots! Very excited, haven't had a horse for 6 years now and this is the first one I've paid for myself!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's sounds brilliant! What's he like?

I miss my pony Went riding with the uni club yesterday, was nice to be back on a horse but not a patch on my lessons back home! I miss a horse that's light in the mouth and sharp off the leg! And the silly club has a rule that you have to do a flat session in between jump lessons, which I wouldn't mind only it's proper dressage, with dresage saddles and sitting trot and everything! I haven't done dressage for YEARS. *Sigh* sorry, rant over.

ReputationRep:
    Forget watching beer belly posh snobs paly, why not watch rugby league which is rough,tough,fast,skillful and a better game. It is 10X Union and there are more tries and the fights are better! Forget the Union team, Wilkinson woudln't last 5 minute son a league pitch.

ReputationRep:
    league is crap. it was invented for people who couldn't grasp the technical bits of union such as rucks, scrums, line outs etc. All they could understand is running into peope. Its terrible to watch.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Hasn't been properly measured so before I saw him she said he was about 15.2hh. Hes about 16hh/16.1hh looking at him though. He's a 12 year old ex racer TB. He can be a bit stallion-ish and is pretty much your typical TB. Although he winters out well and is living on twigs and air at the minute! Hasn't been shoed for 3 years either and is happy. He's definitly to be described as light in the mouth and sharp off the leg! Hopefully I'll get him up to pre novice eventing by next summer as he is out of work just now.

I agree though, lessons aren't a patch on having a horse. I haven't actually ridden in over a year now!

ReputationRep:
    hey tango, your epidermis is showing...

ReputationRep:
    hmm....league eh....well - your a bit of a fool aren't you....

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.