The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yea...all that boring use of tactics and cunning is terrible isn't it - you think they would just pick up the ball and run in a straight line instead...
Not another bash between the two codes of rugby. Leave each other alone or I'll just tell you both to play 'round ball', okay? :biggrin:
Taken me ages to save though, and I've not had lessons for about 5 years now.

I just started by riding other peoples horses when they went on holiday.

You'll get your chance to have a horse one day though, and the waiting will be all worth it :smile:
Reply 7423
I resent the fact that it includes rugby in its name at all.
Reply 7424
just moved to london not so long ago and want to keep playing. so if anyone fancies a game soemtime then let me know.

i am a 21 year old male, living in north kensington. dont mind playing male or female. (but i rather not play anyone who is under 18 or over 30 - hope i'm not being ageist. hehe!)

it would be nice if you know somewhere to play also that are not too far awy from tube stations.

looking forward to hearing from you.

wing
Here goes the rivalry...
Reply 7426
He will never win anything! and is another BORING tennis player the british have produced!
MrColin
He will never win anything! and is another BORING tennis player the british have produced!

how the hell is he boring? Please explain.
Reply 7428
tango's claim has no legs, Jonny is a cat. Andre Pretorious on the other hand is not. Bro, Rugby is bigger anyway, in South Afrika there is no such thing as league.
MrColin

how dare you :mad:
There is in Australia. :wink:
Reply 7431
I'm a hull fc fan and when I watch at the KC I see athletes, not big fatties rolling on top of each other. I also see tries and fast breaks and the attendances at super lague grounds are far better than at Pub League Grounds. Take leeds for instance. Rhinos get about 16,000 a match, the Tykes V Sale- 3,000. Point proved. I am willing to concede than Union's International game is better and is more competitve although the Australian rugby league team are far better tahn the Aus Union team.
Reply 7432
NDGAARONDI
There is in Australia. :wink:

Ja man, but its all scrap and run!!
Reply 7433
Hi all Rugby watchers, how do you think die bokke can go this spring. They rolled Argie bargie last week. Brent Russell is on form, a great oak!
tango45
I'm a hull fc fan and when I watch at the KC I see athletes, not big fatties rolling on top of each other. I also see tries and fast breaks and the attendances at super lague grounds are far better than at Pub League Grounds. Take leeds for instance. Rhinos get about 16,000 a match, the Tykes V Sale- 3,000. Point proved. I am willing to concede than Union's International game is better and is more competitve although the Australian rugby league team are far better tahn the Aus Union team.

admittedly you do get larger crowds for league, but also there is a higher club density than union - What sort of crowd would hull versus widness draw?
Also...the Aussie league team doesn't have to be that good to be better than its union team! :biggrin:
Okay let's look at figures then. Australia v Great Britain compared to Australia v England...
tango45
I'm a hull fc fan and when I watch at the KC I see athletes, not big fatties rolling on top of each other.

:eek: Do you seriously think this?? Maybe the front row are generally large, but seriously the rest of the team (especially the backs) are not! and 'rolling on top of each other'....an extreme simplification of the game overall I feel! union players are athletes too, most of them have to be very fit.
:rolleyes: Here we go again. :wink:
Reply 7438
Having watched the match today I think the Kiwis have the Tri-Nations wrapped up for the next few years...
For fear factor, no one will match Pattrick Patterson. Ever.

Latest