The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lilbug
sami was batting at number 4...what was that all about?!

Night watchman, just like England used Hoggie right up the order...

Good batting from Pakistan, but now the big man (literally) is out... Butt was run out just after his 100 and it wasn't given, it better not cost us. :mad:

We can chase anything they get really, they only have 4 people who can bat at all left from the 7. So we only need 3 big wickets... or even better get all the good ones out and have tailers at either end.
Just came back from a hectic soccer training session, 2 hours of interval running.

Ive also been boxing for about 2 years. And wehn i started i found out that the cliche that boxers run long distance all the time is totally wrong. Since then i have been taught to interval run.

i was wondering if any of you do any martial arts, or sport, and do regular running? where do you go? hills? mountains? beach? what kind of runnign technique do you use?

i do the following.

monday/wednesday/saturday: interval running type #1 and #2. (15 minutes of each.)
type#1: 10 seconds sprinting, 10 seconds jogging, repeat.
type#2: 10 seconds slow jog, 10 seconds run, 10 seconds sprint. repeat.

tuesday/friday: hill running. elevation 1.1 km, distance 4 km.
http://www.allposters.co.uk/gallery.asp?startat=viewcart.asp :smile:

Edit: sorry, I thought that link would take you straight to the posters but it doesn't - type in his name in the search box and it'll bring up loads :smile:
Federer, hewitt, henman, fish.. I dont get to see much tennis but I enjoy their styles of play.. though hewitt's is a bit different from the other three.

and james blake is the mannn :cool:
New horse was mad when he arrived. Rearing, ramming into people, charging off, etc. Threw his full weight against the stable door before we could bolt it and sent the yard owner flying. :redface: People on the yard were watching and when he pulled up the wagon was rocking from side to side and you could hear him screaming inside.

Thank god he's settled down now!
What are you using him for? Just hacking/fun or competing? Sounds a bit skitty, but I suppose a new stables does usually make them nervous.
BlackHawk
New horse was mad when he arrived. Rearing, ramming into people, charging off, etc. Threw his full weight against the stable door before we could bolt it and sent the yard owner flying. :redface: People on the yard were watching and when he pulled up the wagon was rocking from side to side and you could hear him screaming inside.

Thank god he's settled down now!

Ah Yes. Firey Chargers. How well I rememebr... it took about 4 or 5 people to gte my horse (before he was mine) onto the lorry to get him here. He then spent 2 months throwing continual tantrums. Luckily he's better now. I mean he still throws tantrums. I'm just better at dodging!!

Ditzy
Its alright if you have the money, unfortunately the rest of us just have to make do

I didn't even mean that really, whilst it's fab to have my own horse I just miss my instructor really, and knowing the horses and being able to actually have a fun lesson where you can mess abotu a bit but learn at the same time. This deadly serious dressage. No 'Lilly, that-was-so-incredibly-crap-that-you're-going-to-do-it-again-and-if-you-don't-get-it-right-this-time-you-WILL-be-jumping-minus-your-saddle.' It's fun. :biggrin: It's just the atmosphere and the people and the...everything!! I'd rather just have lessons at my yard than have my own horse at that one.

On of our yards girls has gone to work in America :eek: At a big eventing yard and she's going to get to compete loads and be in charge of stuff and generally have a good time. Whereas I'm reading about medical negligence. Life is unfair.
God, at least he isn't that bad! lol. Glad to hear yours settled down though. I'm off to the yard soon to see how he is.

I wish I still had lessons too, they were always so much fun. Can't remember the last time I had to trot without stirrups!
Feefifofum
What are you using him for? Just hacking/fun or competing? Sounds a bit skitty, but I suppose a new stables does usually make them nervous.
He's really unfit at the minute so I'll be getting him fit until the spring, then I'm not sure. I was going to do showjumping on him but I think I may see if I have the guts to try eventing him. He is a bit skitty but I can see that he'd have a good attitude for competing (as long as he doesn't act like that every time he comes off a lorry!)
Reply 7509
MrColin
Classy, alright!

hehe not really. what about you?
Reply 7510
ok days play = England need 198 to win, shoaib's prediction of 200 chase is correct, i wonder if he can get England he out. lets see tomorrow.
Reply 7511
just a correction.

the decison of salman butt run out was not out and given rightly and naseer hussain proved it at the break.

some newspapers have gone bonkers, english media is quite known to whine alot.

another reason

The Butt Run Out - Correct Decision

Stop crying Allott, the bails were broken by Geraint Jones' lower arm, before he had full control of the ball.

Well done Asad Rauf, correct decision made.

check what those idiots at guardian have to say about it.

and Butt is run out. Except the third umpire says he isn't. That is a truly appalling decision! The bails were out of their groove when Jones collected Paul Collingwood's throw, but somehow Butt has survived. Is that the decision that will cost England victory? Staggering!

71st over: Pakistan 240-3 (Salman Butt 102, Inzamam 57) The third umpire is a chap called Asad Rauf, who happens to be a Pakistani. Now I'm not for one moment suggesting any bias - please be quite clear on that. But surely the third umpires should be neutral as well, just to avoid even the implication. What is the point of having TV umpires if they can't even make simple decisions like that based on numerous replays? One run off that Flintoff over.

Are they livid or what?!

More whinging from the Guardian reporter.

74th over: Pakistan 246-3 (Salman Butt 102, Inzamam 62) Butt has gone into his shell against Giles, although I'm sure it has nothing to do with a guilty conscious. After all, it wasn't him who gave himself not out after blatantly failing to make his ground in the first over after lunch. I'm still catching my breath at the ineptitude of that decision. The only reason I can give for it is that third umpire Rauf thought the bails were not dislodged, even though the stumps were broken. If that is the case, the bails were probably defying gravity. "Well well, it seems we've had what might be described by an old man as 'not the rub of the green' and by me as 'a total disgrace'," writes Guy Hornsby. "Shakoor Rana where are you?"

wat sore losers
its only the english media wat does this.
shaby
wat sore losers

surely you have to lose to be a loser and i can't see England losing against Pakistan :wink:

Come on the IN-GERR-LAND!

P.S Afridi should really replace Malik for the second test. Malk is so unconving as an opener!
Well, I dont care bout that run out anymore- it only cost 20 runs didnt it, and although they could be a bit crucial come tomorrow time, i hope that we will do it anyway.
BlackHawk
God, at least he isn't that bad! lol. Glad to hear yours settled down though. I'm off to the yard soon to see how he is.

I wish I still had lessons too, they were always so much fun. Can't remember the last time I had to trot without stirrups!

I have serious issues with no stirrups work!! Mainly that my horse is bouncy and usually compeltely full of beans. I;m just so lucky that he's actually at a riding school, not only do they keep him working for me (he's on working livery) but I can just turn up and go "Jo, Can i gatecrash your lesson pretty please?" and she'll say fine. I couldn't cope with him on my own, no way. Need regular control sessions! And a jump builder of course...
Reply 7515
wat ever happens it will be decided within the first hour tommorow,

i have a feeling shoaib will be on fire.
Reply 7516
Afridi should replace hasdan rana. It will help make the tail longer too. Go Pakistan 4 tommorrow!!!!!
Reply 7517
rana naveed hasan isnt even playing this match, he will play the nxt match though as hes gona replace sami,
surely you have to lose to be a loser and i can't see England losing against Pakistan

Pakistan have won by 22 runs, and take 1-0 lead in the series.

England all out for 175, Kaneria with 4 wickets, Shoaib Akhtar with 3.

Amazing comeback by Pakistan who at one stage looked out of the game.
England just can't chase. Anytime we need a low chase, 200 runs, all day... we can't.

We nearly didn't at Old Trafford, depended on Haggard and Giles... it's unfair that we left it to the tail again, Collingwood is useless, we really need Vaughn back to replace him.

Hopefully he'll return, and we'll have a go at batting first. That should level the series.

Haven't seen the wickets, but credit to Pakistan for the comeback. Bit irritating from England... why can't you just defend and hit straight/leg down leg side for 1's and 2's? :mad:

Latest