Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    great day, great win.

you guys are blaming england for no reason, i dnt think they could have done any better. These paksters were just on fire, it was amazing watching sami on fire after a long time and shoaib bowling with pace and venom.

also you cant forget dani, who really was the backbone of the bowling attack today, he truly is the best spinner in the world. sorry warne.

(Original post by shaby)
    great day, great win.

you guys are blaming england for no reason, i dnt think they could have done any better. These paksters were just on fire, it was amazing watching sami on fire after a long time and shoaib bowling with pace and venom.

also you cant forget dani, who really was the backbone of the bowling attack today, he truly is the best spinner in the world. sorry warne.
    To an extent it was because of good bowling, but it was because of the batting too.

Warne is the best bowler. He can spin on a non-dusty day 5 wicket. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    u lot need to get over it..PAK won..end of..it wasn't due to 'biased' umpiring or ENG batting crap. PAK simply wanted it more than ENG and thats what the game is about. If you want it badly, the game is yours, as highlighted through the commitment of Shoaib and co. PS: those who criticised him..in yer faces:P and well done to TRES..good captaincy and nice batting..jus unfortunate not to win
    HAVE to say on the whole, a brilliant match

ReputationRep:
    well done pakistan!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P1mP)
    u lot need to get over it..PAK won..end of..it wasn't due to 'biased' umpiring or ENG batting crap. PAK simply wanted it more than ENG and thats what the game is about. If you want it badly, the game is yours, as highlighted through the commitment of Shoaib and co. PS: those who criticised him..in yer faces:P and well done to TRES..good captaincy and nice batting..jus unfortunate not to win
    Who said anything about biased umpiring?

I think Shoaib's poor record for commitment speaks for it's self, it's pretty difficult to defend the fact that his fitness, attitude and performances have been consistantly inconsistant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iscariot)
    Who said anything about biased umpiring?

I think Shoaib's poor record for commitment speaks for it's self, it's pretty difficult to defend the fact that his fitness, attitude and performances have been consistantly inconsistant.

Im adamant that most of the ENG media/supporters ranted on about the 'run out.' Well, Shoaib's performance also speaks for itself :p:

ReputationRep:
    TML,

Good point about Warne. But despite playing him so well, Eng struggled against Kaneria. Why? Because Warne rarely bowls a googly if ever, whereas Kaneria throws at least one in every over. Eng batsman were finding it very difficult to pick up his googly - and the best man against spin IMO - Pietersen fell to the googly first time round, and to a really horrible shot in the second.

Still, 2 Tests to go in the series. Don't forget Aus went 1-0 in the Ashes, to then lose. There is no room for complacency as far as Pak are concerned, and Eng will still back themselves to win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia_v)
    everything about tennis....which players you like most and why....

--------------

How about James Blake?....what do you think of that young man?....i mean he came out of the dark and managed to play with Agassi at the USOPEN.....almost got him!
    Favourites: Agassi, Federer, Henman, Murray, Gasquet and Gonzalez

James Blake - He's 25 now so not so young anymore. When he burst onto the scene about 5 years ago he was tipped as a top 10 player without doubt. He didnt break through straight away and has had no end of personal and physical problems. It was good to see him play some great tennis at the US but was pleased when Agassi beat him in the 5 set thriller! He is for sure one to watch next year but most of his top performances have come on home soil in America. His mum is English so I guess he deserves a bit of english support.

ReputationRep:
    ashes was a 5 match series which was easy to come back into, so dnt compare it to here, coming back in a 3 test series is hardddddddddddddddddddddddd.

--------------

just check out what collingwood had to say before this series.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...nd/4374454.stm

--------------

For everyones viewing pleasure

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.c...l/l1640029.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.c...l/l1640017.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.c...l/l1639995.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.c...l/l1639985.jpg

the beauty
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/at...entid=73&stc=1

--------------

That yorker!!

....from Shoaib to giles, what a ripper! :eek: two stumps flying

video coming soon

also what a beauty bowled by kaneria throught udals gate,

(Original post by P1mP)
    But I didn't mention the run out in my post above this one. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Warne is obviously the greatest spinner ever. But Danish is second for leg spinners. He's a real threat, aggressive with good variation. Cut out the odd bad ball (one in 2 overs it seems) and we have a magnificent bowler on our hands.

(Original post by legbreakgoogly)
    Warne is obviously the greatest spinner ever. But Danish is second for leg spinners. He's a real threat, aggressive with good variation. Cut out the odd bad ball (one in 2 overs it seems) and we have a magnificent bowler on our hands.
    From what I've seen (hardly anything) he is very good.

But I wouldn't go and say he's better then Warne because he can take wickets on day 5 in Pakistan. Only crap spinners eg Giles can't! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    From what I've seen (hardly anything) he is very good.

But I wouldn't go and say he's better then Warne because he can take wickets on day 5 in Pakistan. Only crap spinners eg Giles can't! :p:
    Comparing any leg spinner right now with Warne is plain stupid. He does have the world record of wickets, and has won matches in every country (except perhaps India). However, Kaneria outbowled Warne in Aus last year, and took 19 wickets in 3 tests in India - leading wicket taker twice in a row. If we compare Kaneria now, to what Warne was having played the same amount of Tests, they are about par.

ReputationRep:
    pakistan were just better on the day.

really, becasue traditionally pakistani bowlers are so attacking, or there days (i.e. today) they can create havoc.

that shoaib yorker was a beauty.

havent seen a yorker like that since waqar younis was terrrorising the batsmens toes.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, obviosly Warne is beyond comparison.

ReputationRep:
    Many have asked for it so here it is,
    a wrestling thread so anybody care to get us going with a subject???
    ill try start us off
    Does anybody think wrestling as gone abit downhill since 2000 and 2001 and if you think this then why???
    And do you really think Tna is the future of wrestling?

ReputationRep:
    wots tna?
    am i missing smething ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oneway)
    wots tna?
    am i missing smething ?
    I didnt think you would of heard of it as the only way you can see it in the uk is on the wrestling channel and even then its 2 weeks behind.
    Its a new company been going for couple of years now and its called Tna.
    Its basically full of wwe rejects like the dudleyz, rhyno and christian to name a few.
    and the rest are basically high flying cruiserweight wrestlers bit like rey mysterio the sort of stuff wwe don't seem to like.
    A few seem to think its going to be a big rival to wwe but i disagree

ReputationRep:
    cant see it, wwe has the money and power to be the biggest
    i see the wwe as a soap, where u get hooked
    i've watched it fom the old days of randy savage etc

ReputationRep:
    I personally think people have got bored with wrestling, it was a sort of craze in 2000/2001 and I remember sitting and watching it on Sunday afternoons on Channel 4. But people got bored of the blatent fakeness of the whole thing and switched off. However, younger kids are still getting into it because to them its highly exciting, and I know one of my friends' little brother was going to watch the WWE tour in the UK. For me however it lost its appeal years back.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.