Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oneway)
    cant see it, wwe has the money and power to be the biggest
    i see the wwe as a soap, where u get hooked
    i've watched it fom the old days of randy savage etc
    Exactly same for me.
    Where as Tna concentrates more on the wrestling and not the story lines its basically like Ecw but not as brutal and hardcore....

ReputationRep:
    i enjoy the story lines, the actual wrestling bores me a bit
    and to be honest the fakeness isnt as bad as it was, it pretty realistic these days

ollie - see ur point but not sure agree, its improved this last 6 months with the raw v smackdown thing, its getting better.

ReputationRep:
    I also agree with what ollie said and also alot of friends at school would talk about it to so it would seem better that way,
    and also back then wwe had big competition from wcw therefore both shows having to work extra hard with there shows.
    But your right oneway it certaintly has got alot better this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MNBStyle)
    I also agree with what ollie said and also alot of friends at school would talk about it to so it would seem better that way
    That's exactly it. We used to go in on a Monday morning and everyone would comment on Sunday's show, even though the programme was relatively short and delayed (with regards to how long it took to come over from the States). It just drifted off like any craze eventually does, especially when Channel 4 axed their Sunday afternoon show (was it called Heat or something?), and it was only the hardcore fans that carried on watching it for a bit longer.

Also I only have Freeview, and don't watch TV that much so I'm probably not the best person to comment as I dont have the option of watching it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    (was it called Heat or something?)
    Yeah it was called Heat and only ever showed highlights of Raw and Smackdown,
    I remember how annoying it was at first when i didnt have sky and so could only watch heat and friends at school would go on about the bits of raw or smackdown i didnt see.
    And when there was PPV shows i would have to wait till like tuesday till i could borrow a video if it off a mate, hoping noone would be harsh enough to tell me the results before that.

ReputationRep:
    he's my favourite now....i mean he did great at the US OPEN....and come on .....he almost won with agassi....i mean...he was very good...about the age...well..i know that's not good, but i hope to see more of this player!

about the ohters....i also like hewitt...great one!....and about federer....well he's a robot! ...i mean nobody cand beat that guy!...he'a a machine!

ReputationRep:
    Cheers but I was looking for something cheaper

ReputationRep:
    warne maybe better then kaneria now but i can asure you kaneria will be better in a few years time.

ReputationRep:
    the ball that killed england .......

http://www.zippyvideos.com/6577882002252726/lv01/

http://media.putfile.com/Shoaib_York..._By_Tigerstyle

ReputationRep:
    Erm mine had to be Murray from the way he has made his mark in tennis

ReputationRep:
    I really don't see how you can say Kaneria is a better leg spinner than Anil Kumble. Anil Kumble has taken 465 test match wickets to Kaneria's 137. If you think that Anil Kumble is on his way out, you're gravely mistaken, seeing as he took the most wickets in the whole world during the 2004 calendar year. Once again, the figures speak for themselves. No doubt Kaneria is a talented bowler, but he's still relatively new to the Test match scene, and I think he needs to do a little bit more before you can say he's up there with Warne. Something to the tune of 450 wickets more.

It's just the first match of the series, it's one Test match, while I congratulate Pakistan, it's not as if you guys just won the world cup. Put it into perspective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iscariot)
    I really don't see how you can say Kaneria is a better leg spinner than Anil Kumble. Anil Kumble has taken 465 test match wickets to Kaneria's 137. If you think that Anil Kumble is on his way out, you're gravely mistaken, seeing as he took the most wickets in the whole world during the 2004 calendar year. Once again, the figures speak for themselves. No doubt Kaneria is a talented bowler, but he's still relatively new to the Test match scene, and I think he needs to do a little bit more before you can say he's up there with Warne. Something to the tune of 450 wickets more.

It's just the first match of the series, it's one Test match, while I congratulate Pakistan, it's not as if you guys just won the world cup. Put it into perspective.
    I would disagree with you, but just slightly.

Kumble is undoubtedly the better bowler of the two. But Kaneria is the better spinner. :p:

ReputationRep:
    KUMBLE, LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

HES A JOKA, I WOULDNT EVEN CLASSIFY HIM AS A SPINNER HES A MEDIUM PACER. LOL

if you really want to see that guys bowl spin you need to look at them throough a telescope.lol

its an insult to kaneria to even compare kumble to him.

kaneria has taken his 137 wickets quick time, i dnt even think warne or even adul qadir took them that fast.

you can say warne has a better record then kaneria but i think kanerias record will be better at the end of his career.

ReputationRep:
    How can you even say that? For all you know Kaneria could be run over by a car tomorrow, that would be the end of his career and he wouldn't have a better record than Warne. I think you're making presumptious statements...

Also, regarding Kumble, just because you rely on other tools rather than getting huge amounts of turn makes you no less of a spinner. Jim Laker and Derek Underwood didn't turn the ball massive amounts at times, nor Emburey, yet no one would doubt the fact that they are all great spin bowlers. It amazes me that you call Kumble a 'joka', when Kumble managed to take all 10 wickets in an innings against your very own Pakistan.

After 29 games:

SK Warne: 134 wickets @ 24.50
    D Kaneria: 137 wickets @ 30.23
    Abdul Qadir: 104 wickets @ 34.83

Worth mentioning though that while Warne and Kaneria were pretty close in terms of overs bowled, at this stage Kaneria has bowled 300 more overs than Abdul Qadir.

I'd love to know how much cricket you've actually played, but there's more to being a spin bowler than just spinning the ball, while I doubt you'd believe me about this, here's some words from Mr. Warne on the matter:

"A lot of people talk about variety and what is variety, but I can bowl nothing but a legbreak - not even a straight one or a slider - and still have variety," he says. "I'm not being bigheaded about it but I can bowl five or six different legbreaks: in close to the stumps, out wide, in the middle, with a higher arm, a round arm, side spin, overspin - all for one delivery.

"There are a lot of guys looking at the television saying that's a legbreak all the time, but there are more things than just an actual legbreak. I suppose with a wrong 'un, flipper, slider, topspinner, backspinner, leggie, you've just got different deliveries. Sometimes you can out-think yourself and bowl too much. One of the keys to my game is I'm pretty patient and consistent because I've never tried to do too much. I've always relied on my legbreak and set them up for a straight one or an overspinner that bounces and gets a nick. Now I just can't get too excited and bowl them all the time, but I've never done that in my career. I have to continue practising so that when I want to bowl [the variations], when I want to set the batsman up with my plan, I can deliver them."

I think you'll find Kumble's key has been his consistancy. His subtle variation in flight, pace and bounce. He doesn't turn the ball a lot because he doesn't have to, he isn't that type of spin bowler. There is more than one type of spin bowler in this world.

ReputationRep:
    Does it have to be an official poster can you not format a picutre of the guy and prinit off with a good printer and an A3 sheet?

You could try www.laf.org www.eurosport.com

ReputationRep:
    My comment about Kumble was merely in jest. There is no doubt, as I acknowledged, that he is a very fine bowler.

ReputationRep:
    The fascination is much more with turn, spin and variety rather than flight, pace and bounce ! Both may be equally effective depending on how good the bowler but a good bowler with variety and turn maybe argubly more effective !

It sets up the series beautifully Eng need to come back strongly its going to be interesting to see the next two tests possibly with Vaughan back !!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    My comment about Kumble was merely in jest. There is no doubt, as I acknowledged, that he is a very fine bowler.
    Yeah I realised, was more Shaby whom I was directing my reponse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaby)
    KUMBLE, LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

HES A JOKA, I WOULDNT EVEN CLASSIFY HIM AS A SPINNER HES A MEDIUM PACER. LOL

if you really want to see that guys bowl spin you need to look at them throough a telescope.lol

its an insult to kaneria to even compare kumble to him.

kaneria has taken his 137 wickets quick time, i dnt even think warne or even adul qadir took them that fast.

you can say warne has a better record then kaneria but i think kanerias record will be better at the end of his career.
    lmfaorofloLOLOL i was about to say all that. have some rep for makin me chuckle ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cybercool)
    Erm mine had to be Murray from the way he has made his mark in tennis
    I think you are confused dont you mean the mark the media have made on Murry's tennis rather than his own mark on the tennis circuit!

PISTOL PETE ALL THE WAY! and JUSTIN HENIN that backhand is SO COOL!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.