Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Next Week and week after.
    Wimbledon starts on the Tuesday of next week ....and lasts till the 2nd sunday thereafter.

ReputationRep:
    England to win narrowly with a draw or two - I mean look at the bloody weather today. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Back definitely showed promise, but as you say the back-line didn't show any spark whatsoever. The backs on show today were certainly a large part of the test back-line, and if they can't cut loose against a provincial team, what hope is there against the ABs? Some positives, Jenkins is now assured of a test spot, and I thought Byrne was good in the line-out (although he missed a few admittedly) as well as being better than usual in the loose. Great scrummaging from Julian White as well, although he will have to face much better opponents before too long.

ReputationRep:
    Well the seeds have been released with Roddick 2nd ahead of Hewitt. Looks like another Federer - A-Rod final then. Meanwhile Agassi pulled out yesterday through injury and it doesnt look like he will ever play Wimbeldon again - a big loss. He's probably conserving himself for one more big effort at the US like Sampras.

ReputationRep:
    There's still no strong partnership in midfield, and the excuse of them not having enough time to 'gel' is a bit old now. The conditions were not good, but apart from his kicking, Henson did not play very well, even though it his chance to try and cement a no.12 Jersey ahead of D'Arcy. No one is stepping up and the position is still wide open, maybe Horgan or Shanklin chould be given a go on Saturday? More like it from the front 5 though, but like people have said, a lot of room for improvement!

ReputationRep:
    Murray doesn't stand a chance of getting far in the tournament! No where near physically strong enough.
    Will probably be anotha quarter final, semi at best for Henman.
    True, it's annoying that he's not physically strong enough for a 5 setter (or even a 3 setter on grass). He needs to sort that out as quick as he can. Maybe McEnroe can help him buckle down to that.

ReputationRep:
    And the winner is... :eek: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ed/4077990.stm

ReputationRep:
    'I have a desire to win things and I feel that at Newcastle I can do that'

Hm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    'I have a desire to win things and I feel that at Newcastle I can do that'

Hm.
    like 14th place?

i still think Everton should have had him but even so for Chelsea what a waste of £3.5m

hope he does well though at Newcastle and win things but after the last season at St. James can we really see it happening

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone
    There have been a few requests about having a possible subforum on 2 of the main sports talked about-football and F1, as there is much to talk about. I would like your inputs on whether or not you would like separate subforums and which one/s. Please vote on the poll above, and put your comments on this thread.
    Thanks
    Xenon

ReputationRep:
    I vote..

NON!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    I vote..

NON!
    :dito:

I think someone's poll voting power should be skewed by how many posts they have in the Sport's forum! :cool:

Pour Exemple, our good friend AFI should have like 1600+ power =)

ReputationRep:
    Bear in mind that this does not mean the end of the Ultimate football thread-at least I don't think it does. It's just that other topics can be added and talked about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    the end of the Ultimate football thread
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edit: Blatant twisting of my words! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    :dito:

I think someone's poll voting power should be skewed by how many posts they have in the Sport's forum! :cool:

Pour Exemple, our good friend AFI should have like 1600+ power =)
    :rofl:
    Sexy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)
    I only made a suggestion and you brought it back to the top for crying out loud.

Jeez, the point of this was to gauge reactions of the users in this forum to it so that if it did become sticky, people like you wouldn't start complaining that its unfair or morally wrong or something.

Get off your high horse Chelseababe.
    Not on my high horse as you said, just stating a fact. You want something go and ask. Complaining ain't gonna get you anything.

I never said it was 'unfair or morally wrong' so you can't catagorise me as 'people like that'.

Edit: You have only been here two minutes and you want to change the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Bear in mind that this does not mean the end of the Ultimate football thread-at least I don't think it does. It's just that other topics can be added and talked about.
    They can atm already!

ReputationRep:
    Most definately not needed!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Finish your cat fight and kiss and make up please, some people have to read this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Colonel)
    Finish your cat fight and kiss and make up please, some people have to read this
    ROFL. I didn't realise it was a cat fight!! :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.