Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i always though phillipousis and carlos moya were quite cool.

Consider Warne doesn't play half his matches on dusty pitches, too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaby)
    KUMBLE, LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

HES A JOKA, I WOULDNT EVEN CLASSIFY HIM AS A SPINNER HES A MEDIUM PACER. LOL

if you really want to see that guys bowl spin you need to look at them throough a telescope.lol

its an insult to kaneria to even compare kumble to him.

kaneria has taken his 137 wickets quick time, i dnt even think warne or even adul qadir took them that fast.

you can say warne has a better record then kaneria but i think kanerias record will be better at the end of his career.
    what a load of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, its actually the other way round whereby Kaniera isnt even in Kumbles league, seeing as Kumble has nearly taken 500 wickets and consistantly won matches over a period of more than 10 years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...ia/4152449.stm

Also the aim is to take wickets and not whether the ball spins, and Kumbles style of bowling in unique.

ReputationRep:
    Any ballers out there? where u from? who u play with etc?

ReputationRep:
    You are better off buying from eBay.com.

Search results
    Poster 1
    Poster 2
    Poster 3
    Poster 4, if you are rich

ReputationRep:
    I have been thinking of taking up a martial art. I have done some research on the internet and I am choosing between Wing Chun and Krav Maga. I'm not sure which one I should do.

The main reasons I want to learn a martial art are to keep myself fit and to be able to defend myself.

From reading this topic I know that some people on here practice Wing Chun. What is it like?, Is it hard?, Is it quick to learn?, What sort of things do you do in your classes?,

Also if anyone has any experiences of Krav Maga, what is that like?

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    about the girls....what do you guys think about the girls?.....
    i personally don't enjoy a women match that much as a match between 2 men....

ReputationRep:
    Well... is there?

ReputationRep:
    No, but if I get accepted for Pharmacy I might be next year

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody here do extreme sports that aren't skating and BMXing?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, nice one. Good luck. Think it is quite a good club. I'm lookin for info on it, costs, times n stuff if anyone knows.

ReputationRep:
    My advice on choosing an Art to study:

- Find a local club
    - Watch the club train, and if possible try a session (some clubs have their first session free)
    - Go to the next style/club you are interested in and do the same there.
    - Decide based on what you have discovered on your recce.

While some people may suggest you do this Art or that Art, you have to do what feels right for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia_v)
    about the girls....what do you guys think about the girls?.....
    i personally don't enjoy a women match that much as a match between 2 men....
    Yeah I prefer mens tennis aswell. Dont really like any of the top women players apart from Sharapova.

ReputationRep:
    I think any bloke who is a real tennis fan, favours watching mens tennis to womens, would also prefer to say, watch a match between two top 30 ers in the world to say watching a game between Sharapova and Williams on another channel...basically i'd rather watch a good game of tennis, rather mens or womens, than watch this 'eye candy'. I also don't really see/appreciate this craze about Sharapova - she's OK looking, but can't say shes my type...shes a chav, shes a prima donna, she grunts and annoys the hell out of me, and shes not great in terms of sportswomanship - take the recent example of her playing Mauresmo, when she pretended she was choking - you know, because Mauresmo has tended to choke in key matches/key points before..

But anyway - favourite male players...Hewitt, Gonzalez, Roddick, Henman, Murray and Nadal. It's also pretty cool when they express themselves more on court, i.e. Murray and Roddick in particular.

As for womens players, it has to be Kim Clistjers - she also doesnt fancy herself up the árse like Sharapova does...

ReputationRep:
    I've played twice, at Chester Le Street. It was fun!

ReputationRep:
    Nalbandian has just beaten Federer in 5 sets to win the Masters Cup in Shanghai. At uni atm so couldnt watch the match but im sure it was a cracker. Nalbandian won 6-7 6-7 6-2 6-1 7-6. Federer did look finished when Nalbandian took a 4-0 lead in the final set but somehow managed to come back to serve for the match at 6-5 but got broken. I have no doubt that Federer would have won had he not been suffering through injury which he received treatment for during the match. A good end to the year though just a shame Federer didnt win

ReputationRep:
    Omg what a match. In the fifth when fed took 4 streight games i though it'd be all over for nalbandian.

Federer will be back going for all 4 slams next year

ReputationRep:
    pakistan - ( especailly) afridi are kicking ass at the moment in the second testmatch.

why the heack was he not selected in the first test ???!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Afridi has been a failure in terms of his records !

He is a hit and miss player who is a gamble to play !

He has improved recently and there is pressure from other players who have performed on the domestic scene and against England in the Tour matches for places in the team !

Perfectly understandable why he was left out although seems to be maturing now as insecurity for team places brings out the best !

ReputationRep:
    Federer loses!

He was beatn by Nalbandian. Nice to see again that Federer can be beaten! Brings some hope to people.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.