Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    I personally think people have got bored with wrestling, it was a sort of craze in 2000/2001 and I remember sitting and watching it on Sunday afternoons on Channel 4. But people got bored of the blatent fakeness of the whole thing and switched off. However, younger kids are still getting into it because to them its highly exciting, and I know one of my friends' little brother was going to watch the WWE tour in the UK. For me however it lost its appeal years back.
    I think you just grew out of it, like me. I stopped watching it in about 2000 as well. Now you say it's just little kids watching it; 12-13 year olds perhaps, just like we were when we watched it?!

ReputationRep:
    I know, well you cant win evrything and he hasnt exactly been in the best form of his life this competition has he.

ReputationRep:
    Pakistan 300/4

Inzamam 80 not out, Afridi 62 not out

Pak will be hoping for 500, England will be looking to finish things off quickly. Belter of a pitch though.

ReputationRep:
    Would have won had he not been injured

ReputationRep:
    lol afridi on firrrrre

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Would have won had he not been injured
    True, and he'll probably come back and win again just as Nalbandian said, but it's nice to see another name as the winner.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone happen to watch the game?

ReputationRep:
    they trashed wales, but thats no real achievement now, is it!

ReputationRep:
    Cant believe Eddie Guerrero died. RIP

ReputationRep:
    i watched the wwe experience on sky oday and saw he had died, was it from a stroke???

ReputationRep:
    I agree that people just grow out of wrestling. It was really popular here in the early-mid 90s and the early 00s but I feel it's sort of died down now.

I saw TNA once on Eurosport by the way, it looked alright.

ReputationRep:
    Entertainment forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxfordbrooks)
    i watched the wwe experience on sky oday and saw he had died, was it from a stroke???
    He had a heart disease, blood vessels were worn and narrow

ReputationRep:
    Why have you all disappeared since Great Britain got knocked out of a small competition? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah federer was still shrugging off an injury.. just a shame to see those records go.. 24 streight final wins, 35 matches unbeaten. Nalbandian is a great player though and it was an awsome match so well done to him.

ReputationRep:
    Tough situation. If Pakistan score in the region of 500 it will be a hard game to win. I had a look at the pitch before hand on TV and it looks absolutely dead (as you'd expect). England will need to score 600 within about 140-170 overs to put pressure on Pakistan in their second innings. The pitch might turn later on but it hardly looks like a minefield at the moment, if England can bowl Pakistan out cheaply tomorrow morning (they only need two wickets before they're into the tail and should wrap it up) and then put some pressure on Pakistan.

I'm going to disagree with Geoffery Boycott here, England need to go out tomorrow when they bat with serious intent. They need to play their shots and be aggresive. I'm not saying they need to try and hit every ball for six, but they need to realise that there's 4 days left of this test match, and will probably need more than a day to bowl Pakistan out again. I think England will need to score 600 in one and a half to two days to have a chance of winning on this pitch, which means scoring pretty rapidly. They don't need to be stupid, but they need to realise the circumstances, they basically have very little to lose at this stage of the game.

ReputationRep:
    I watched the Ireland game and the Wales game. Southern Hemisphere will dominate for the next few years I reckon (although Australia are crap.)

ReputationRep:
    Australia weren't that impressive, no...
    England looked awesome - definately, in my opinion, the best in the northern hemisphere, so, with australia so useless right now, top 3 in the world, maybe even second (I reckon they could take the bokkes personally)
    But, still - NZ were pretty impressive...

ReputationRep:
    Vaughan will be ruing putting down Afridi when he was on 35...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.