Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colly)
    Still haven't seen Andy Farrell play yet...
    I wouldn't bother - he's too slow to be a centre, not bulky enough to be a flanker and cant kick...

ReputationRep:
    Hugely Poised in Pakistan's Favour !

If one early wicket falls it exposes Flintoff and the Tail, Not looking good !

Eng may be following on !

Doesnt seem to be the first or second team in International Cricket Now !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    What a joke this day was. This solely prooves how dumb the umpires are.. i mean do they even fully know the rules of cricket? Giving Inzi run out when he was evading an agressive throw from harmisson is beyond my comprehension. Even after referring to the 3rd umpire who had time to make his decision, yet even he manages to **** up? .. inzi should have protested right there and then. i would have
    If he'd made a scene he'd most likely be serving a ban right now. I think Inzamam did the right thing. Especially if you think back to 1999 when Sachin Tendulkar was run out after Akhtar crashed into him, knocking his bat off the ground. These kind of decisions can go either way really, arguing with the umpires solves nothing because rarely will they ever change their decisions and you're more likely to find yourself in the match referees office at the end of the day than back at the crease.

In regards to the game, Bell will be the key. I honestly love Bell's style of play, I know he's struggled for runs but maybe this is the series where he comes good. 130 runs in 3 innings is a good start so far, I just hope he can keep it going tomorrow. Pietersen needs to find some runs here, if he doesn't the only thing keeping him in the team will be the lack of competetion for the spot, Collingwood and Cook the only men on tour who would realistically replace him during the India leg are out of form and unproven respectively.

I don't really see England following on, they need another 162 runs to avoid the follow, and while 2 morning wickets for Pakistan would all but clinch the game and series, I have every faith that England can grind runs out tomorrow. Faith, or hope, I haven't decided yet.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, didn't realise Tresco had gone...thought i must've read the score wrong. So its three out not two. Well Pietersen and Freddie are gonna have to play out of their skin!! Let's hope Flintoff doesn't do another attempted smash into the stands like the one that got him out of the first test!! I want him to get sixes but it isn't worth smashing at balls then getting caught out.

I spose we can also hope the tailenders play well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bottekrank)
    Oh right, didn't realise Tresco had gone...thought i must've read the score wrong. So its three out not two. Well Pietersen and Freddie are gonna have to play out of their skin!! Let's hope Flintoff doesn't do another attempted smash into the stands like the one that got him out of the first test!! I want him to get sixes but it isn't worth smashing at balls then getting caught out.

I spose we can also hope the tailenders play well...

Huge Total for Tail Enders to Grind down !

Key is the first 2 wickets and the performance of the main middle order !

ReputationRep:
    Apparantly a curse was placed on the Australian soccer team in 1969 by a witch doctor.
    Thankfully John Saffran from John Saffran VS God somehow lifted the curse.

http://www.abc.net.au/perth/stories/s1510549.htm

Afridi out of the next test because he scuffed up the pitch!

Not that it matters, we can't win this now... doubt we'll lose either but that's not the point, if we draw we've lost the series.

ReputationRep:
    No, if we draw we've got to win the final test to tie the series. That Afridi thing was shocking, worse than the whole dirt on the ball Atherton back in the day. Honestly with TV cameras being everywhere you've got to wonder where international cricketers get an idea like trying to blatantly break the rules right in front of 60 TV cameras and expect not to get caught. Sloppy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iscariot)
    No, if we draw we've got to win the final test to tie the series. That Afridi thing was shocking, worse than the whole dirt on the ball Atherton back in the day. Honestly with TV cameras being everywhere you've got to wonder where international cricketers get an idea like trying to blatantly break the rules right in front of 60 TV cameras and expect not to get caught. Sloppy.

Final Test has more of a Draw written all over it as the track is reportedly more flatter and dead !

This is crucial Eng need to avoid a collapse, Still a critical point to avoid defeat ! Their spinners havent even begun the long spells yet and three down Not looking good !

ReputationRep:
    John Safran ROCKS. Did you see that story on SBS world Sports, it was great!

However this said. We arent going to win the world cup, no freaking way.

ReputationRep:
    I know! I saw that last night and couldn't stop laughing, it was soo funny! :laugh: And also the Priceline joke, I used to work there so found that hilarious too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    This is my favourite rugby photo - http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/3...goal_getty.jpg
    ah yes the famous final with 1 try, was a right exciting game that :rolleyes:

1 try!, id demand my ticket money back!

I can only just bare top level RU, but even some of the guiness premiership is dire, just fat men jumping on each other...give me rugby league anyday (except for our appaling Great Britain side lets forget they exist!)

ReputationRep:
    i think i speak for those with a brain when i say league is ******* than diarrhea

ReputationRep:
    I would prefer a 2 week bout of the big runny D than watch league...
    but I would have given anything to have been in the stadium when that dropgoal went over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    around when WCW was bought, or soon after, it got bad and I stopped watching. Maybe their lack of competition stopped them making good storylines..
    Quite a few people have said this and personally agree with it to thats why its a shame no one else bought WCW instead.

Not heard of this supposed rivalry from tna, sounds like ex ECW people so maybe I'll like it.
    Its not really like ECW at all theres alot of new wrestlers in it and a mix of WWE rejects

the whole undertaker thing was as unrealistic as I was willing to get... but then even his AMAZING gimmick was ruined by the lame 'american badass' thing.
    The Undertaker has now gone back to his old school gimmick.

ReputationRep:
    why is it, bar this retaliationary thread by NGaaa.etc.,thingy, all of the threads claiming their code is the best is started by leaguers? little inferiority complex you reckon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    I know! I saw that last night and couldn't stop laughing, it was soo funny! :laugh: And also the Priceline joke, I used to work there so found that hilarious too
    I watched it too! Personally, I don't understand why Australia is bothering playing in the World Cup. All the best soccer players go overseas to play.
    But who can underestimate the power of a witch doctor's curse?

ReputationRep:
    we will finish last. lol

(Original post by MNBStyle)
    The Undertaker has now gone back to his old school gimmick.
    Gothic?

Bet it's not the same as early-late 90's. He's one person who was better in early 90's then later...

He must be old now as well! :eek:

Pietersen out on 100, Bell still going strong, and Freddie just in. Need a partnership here and with Jones afterwards now... if we level then it's a draw and yeah, we can always draw the series if this is drawn... didn't think of that. :rolleyes:

Pakistan also give away a LOT of extras...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.