Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Pietersen out on 100, Bell still going strong, and Freddie just in. Need a partnership here and with Jones afterwards now... if we level then it's a draw and yeah, we can always draw the series if this is drawn... didn't think of that. :rolleyes:

Pakistan also give away a LOT of extras...
    Freddie gone, cleaned up by Shoaib.

Bell and Jones in...

(Original post by Socrates)
    Freddie gone, cleaned up by Shoaib.

Bell and Jones in...
    Wtf?

....DAMMIT.

We'll probably just need to play for the draw now... try to last today, and if they declare late we'll draw, if they declare too soon we might snatch it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Wtf?

....DAMMIT.

We'll probably just need to play for the draw now... try to last today, and if they declare late we'll draw, if they declare too soon we might snatch it.
    Bell on 99...

ReputationRep:
    Ian Bell I love you.

88 runs behind with 4 wickets remaining, looking like a draw now unless England can produce some magic and bowl Pakistan out within 50-80 overs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iscariot)
    Ian Bell I love you.

88 runs behind with 4 wickets remaining, looking like a draw now unless England can produce some magic and bowl Pakistan out within 50-80 overs.
    Unless Pak decide to send Afridi to open to get a lead quick, and the set England 250 to win.

Could be interesting then...

ReputationRep:
    I wish this was on terrestrial but I feel the whole thing's been marred by cheating, bad decisions and bad sportsmanship.

Afridi has no excuse and deserved a stricter punishment.

Inzamam didn't deserve to be given out, but then again I have heard Salman Butt should have been given out in the first test and a suspicious decision from the native third umpire meant that he added the 22 or so runs which England lost by.

Harmison throwing down the stumps is out of order, after what happened to Matthew Hayden during the summer, the England bowlers shouldn't use such tactics.

With the talent on offer, I'm really disappointed by such things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skd180)
    I wish this was on terrestrial but I feel the whole thing's been marred by cheating, bad decisions and bad sportsmanship.

Afridi has no excuse and deserved a stricter punishment.

Inzamam didn't deserve to be given out, but then again I have heard Salman Butt should have been given out in the first test and a suspicious decision from the native third umpire meant that he added the 22 or so runs which England lost by.

Harmison throwing down the stumps is out of order, after what happened to Matthew Hayden during the summer, the England bowlers shouldn't use such tactics.

With the talent on offer, I'm really disappointed by such things.
    Eng vs Pak have always been controversial. From Gatting vs the umpire, to reverse swing and ball tampering to this...

ReputationRep:
    you are an over the top optimistic english fan and an idiot too, benifit of the doubt always goes to he batsmen as it did to butt.

wat afridi did was stupid and a cheat, but england have also been real stupid and cheaters in this test, how can bell even get away with such a catch, rasid latif got a 5 match ban for doing the same thing which cost him his career.

and how retarded have the english players become, why on earth did they start throwing the ball at there batsmen, they obvioulsy couldnt take pakistan beating them, the umpire is also sumb to have given inzi out even a 3rd grade club umpire knows that rule, harmison should have not appealed in the first place and apoligized to inzi to throwing the ball at him and vaughan shouldve had the balls to call inzi back for getting the wrong desicon but no he a cheater, he even knew it inside him that inzi was not out yet celebrated like a monkey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaby)
    you are an over the top optimistic english fan and an idiot too, benifit of the doubt always goes to he batsmen as it did to butt.

wat afridi did was stupid and a cheat, but england have also been real stupid and cheaters in this test, how can bell even get away with such a catch, rasid latif got a 5 match ban for doing the same thing which cost him his career.

and how retarded have the english players become, why on earth did they start throwing the ball at there batsmen, they obvioulsy couldnt take pakistan beating them, the umpire is also sumb to have given inzi out even a 3rd grade club umpire knows that rule, harmison should have not appealed in the first place and apoligized to inzi to throwing the ball at him and vaughan shouldve had the balls to call inzi back for getting the wrong desicon but no he a cheater, he even knew it inside him that inzi was not out yet celebrated like a monkey.
    Excuse me, but if you looked at Ian Bell's catch, that ball, with super freeze, frame by frame may have 'just' touched the ground, how the hell is Ian Bell supposed to know the ball has hit the ground? He's running in on his follow through and to his knowledge catches the ball, I'm sorry but if you've ever taken one of those catches you'd know that at times it can be very difficult to know whether or not the ball has carried, and you have every right to appeal/celebrate. It is up to the umpire as to whether or not the decision should be referred to the 3rd umpire or not, you can hardly blame Bell for at least claiming the catch, if anything it's the umpires who should be blamed if you feel that ball didn't carry. I'm not decided, it doesn't matter.

Throwing the ball at the batsmen has been going on for years, it's a perfectly natural response and honestly I have no problem people doing it. The batsmen has all sorts of protective equipment on and if he can't handle a bit of aggresion maybe he should have taken up another sport. Also, if you can't believe Vaughan not calling back Inzamam, don't you remember in 99' when Sachin was run out against Pakistan after Akhtar knocked Sachin's bat out of the crease when he was clearly in, and subsquently given run out by the 3rd umpire? Did Pakistan recall Sachin Tendulkar then? I don't believe they did, so I'd hardly be the one ranting and raving regarding 'cheating' when your own team in the past has been just as bad. I wouldn't call a batsman back, and as a batsman I wouldn't expect to be called back either, it's professional sport, not a tea party.

ReputationRep:
    They should bring back capital punishment for what Afridi did but having said that what more can you expect from a Pakistan player!

ReputationRep:
    The irony of shaby calling me an idiot and not being able to write properly is not lost on me.

I still think throwing down the stumps when a batsmen is clearly in his crease is a big no no. It's completely reckless. I refer back to Matthew Hayden being struck in the chest (an unprotected area) from an overzealous Simon Jones throw in the summer.

Of course I understand that they wouldn't call Inzamam back and no batsmen walk anymore, I don't feel throwing the ball at the stumps when a batsmen is standing right there in his crease is a good thing for the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    They should bring back capital punishment for what Afridi did but having said that what more can you expect from a Pakistan player!

Rather Naive Comments !

You can expect alot from a Pakistan player from the sublime to the ridiculous, Its all Happening !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones (or cricket balls) at other people. It was against the spirit of the game from England, and if they still lose, it will just rub insult into injury.

--------------

Also, if you can't believe Vaughan not calling back Inzamam, don't you remember in 99' when Sachin was run out against Pakistan after Akhtar knocked Sachin's bat out of the crease when he was clearly in, and subsquently given run out by the 3rd umpire? Did Pakistan recall Sachin Tendulkar then? I don't believe they did, so I'd hardly be the one ranting and raving regarding 'cheating' when your own team in the past has been just as bad. I wouldn't call a batsman back, and as a batsman I wouldn't expect to be called back either, it's professional sport, not a tea party.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, and England would have had the moral high ground here. By all means play aggressively, but without contravening the spirit of the game. Jeff Powell, in the Mail today, says this very well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iscariot)
    Excuse me, but if you looked at Ian Bell's catch, that ball, with super freeze, frame by frame may have 'just' touched the ground, how the hell is Ian Bell supposed to know the ball has hit the ground? He's running in on his follow through and to his knowledge catches the ball, I'm sorry but if you've ever taken one of those catches you'd know that at times it can be very difficult to know whether or not the ball has carried, and you have every right to appeal/celebrate. It is up to the umpire as to whether or not the decision should be referred to the 3rd umpire or not, you can hardly blame Bell for at least claiming the catch, if anything it's the umpires who should be blamed if you feel that ball didn't carry. I'm not decided, it doesn't matter.

Throwing the ball at the batsmen has been going on for years, it's a perfectly natural response and honestly I have no problem people doing it. The batsmen has all sorts of protective equipment on and if he can't handle a bit of aggresion maybe he should have taken up another sport. Also, if you can't believe Vaughan not calling back Inzamam, don't you remember in 99' when Sachin was run out against Pakistan after Akhtar knocked Sachin's bat out of the crease when he was clearly in, and subsquently given run out by the 3rd umpire? Did Pakistan recall Sachin Tendulkar then? I don't believe they did, so I'd hardly be the one ranting and raving regarding 'cheating' when your own team in the past has been just as bad. I wouldn't call a batsman back, and as a batsman I wouldn't expect to be called back either, it's professional sport, not a tea party.
    maybe you need glasses, cos even your fellow white men admitted at sky sports addmited he knew it hit the ground and it cleary did. Looking at his face after the catch it was pretty obvious he knew it hit the ground, and yes i know its up to the umpires and third umpires to give it out, but he should have be banned after just like rashid latif was.

throwing at the batsmen has been going on for years but that is when the batsmen is out of the crease, inzi here was cleary standing behind his crease what was the need to throw the ball like i said pakistan thrashing england obvioulsy really frustrated them.

and dude get your facts right, shoaib did not knock over sachins bat, sachin himself collided with aktar, it was more of sachins fault then aktars.

and yes your right its a professional sport so act professional, a teaparty has nothing to do with acting professional, there was no tea party when gilly walked off in world cup after been given not out, or when ponting was given out when he was given a bad decison and attaptu called him back.

so act professional and show some good sportsmenship, but i guess cheating is in all english peoples blood.

--------------

The irony of shaby calling me an idiot and not being able to write properly is not lost on me.
    ohh boy you write so excellently :eek: you have amazed me :eek: you deserve an award. boy 'o boy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    [/QUOTE] It's also pretty cool when they express themselves more on court, i.e. Murray and Roddick in particular.[/QUOTE]

I presume you mean the way that Murray wears a ankle support to gain sympathy when he get tired on court???

where have you go this idea that Murray expresses himself on court? the english media??

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    Just wondering if anyone knows how much ice skating costs in the main ice rink in Cardiff. How long do you get on the ice?

ReputationRep:
    I'm here! I'm a broncos/quins fan, and proud

ReputationRep:
    I think it costs something like £5, and as long as you want but the Cardiff Devils have training a lot so they have sessions about 3 or 4 hours long you can ice skate. I'm not entirely sure though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    why is it, bar this retaliationary thread by NGaaa.etc.,thingy, all of the threads claiming their code is the best is started by leaguers? little inferiority complex you reckon?
    Even then I only made the thread because of what you have mentioned I have experienced many times in the past. Had it not occured to the extent to which it did, this thread would never have been created.

ReputationRep:
    well im sure we would take the morale high ground if we were winning....

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.