Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how is it unfair, i have seen every pakistan match and this hair guy has always been against them

ReputationRep:
    Pakistan declare with a lead of 284 and 64 overs remaining. A draw or Pakistan win now probably, it would be an incredible effort from England to win now, they need to score at roughly 5 an over on a 5th day pitch. I'll be sitting here with my fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    Top knock from Inzamam - he is now the leading Test centurion for Pakistan, and probably man of the match too.

Pakistan will fancy their chances - but 99% chance of a draw.

ReputationRep:
    All out for 50? 20/4 now.

We. Are. Screwed.

ReputationRep:
    Whoop, 58/4, mini-recovery!

(Original post by Iscariot)
    Whoop, 58/4, mini-recovery!
    Indeed.

Bat out a draw and have to win the last game to draw series.... or take them on, and probably lose, but MAYBE get a historic win?

ReputationRep:
    England draw 164/6

So TML, who is this new spinner you talk about?

ReputationRep:
    So then, with Strauss out for the next game I could see Vaughan opening with Trescothick, Bell at three, Collingwood and Pietersen toss up for 4 and 5. I don't think Cook will debut. The bowling attack will remain the same I think.

The only other spinner on tour is Loudon who basically came along for the free food and drink. He turns it a lot and can bowl a doosra, but isn't very experienced.

ReputationRep:
    Loudon can bat a bit too, but yeah he shouldn't have been selected this early in his career.

KP, Flintoff and Jones saved England. I'm particularly pleased that Jones did well this test, he seems to receive a bit too much criticism. The team seem to be suffering from the 2nd innings collapse syndrome which plagued them a few years back.

Inzaman's is in fantastic form, they really need to set a game plan for him in the way they did to Gilchrist and Lara in times gone by.

ReputationRep:
    So then, with Strauss out for the next game I could see Vaughan opening with Trescothick, Bell at three, Collingwood and Pietersen toss up for 4 and 5. I don't think Cook will debut. The bowling attack will remain the same I think.
    Yeah, Collingwood most probably back for Lahore.

The only other spinner on tour is Loudon who basically came along for the free food and drink. He turns it a lot and can bowl a doosra, but isn't very experienced.
    I think he might be tried in the ODIs.

ReputationRep:
    I would imagine so seeing as Giles will be flying home to have surgery on his hip.

ReputationRep:
    I would imagine so seeing as Giles will be flying home to have surgery on his hip.
    I heard Robert Croft and Min Patel were being considered. :p:

ReputationRep:
    well england survive thanks to those white umpires.

well it looks like england have no chance of winning the next game as its in the home of pakistan, LAHORE, and if you go by statistics you will know pakistan never lose there.

i would like to see strauss out from the next match, thanks to him england get early collapses. also it should be the end of udal and his career, i would put anderson in his place.

pakistan would have to bring back hasan raza for afridi and maybe drop malik for kammal.

top knocks by inzi, and he is making those white fools at ICC eat there words for not picking him in super series and giving him an award,

ReputationRep:
    i would like to see strauss out from the next match, thanks to him england get early collapses. also it should be the end of udal and his career, i would put anderson in his place.
    He's going home anyway.

ReputationRep:
    in the second innings tresco went before strauss, and the 3 out of the top 4 failed to score - ok he hasn't had the best run, but he cant be held responsible completely.

(Original post by shaby)
    well england survive thanks to those white umpires.
    Or solid batting from the middle order? Oh my God, the Umpires kept giving Inzy not out when he was out really... that damaged you so badly. :rolleyes:

i would like to see strauss out from the next match, thanks to him england get early collapses.
    He's going home anyway.

also it should be the end of udal and his career, i would put anderson in his place.
    Anderson who used to be ok, and now is poor? What has Udal done wrong that Giles hasn't? He gets good runs, and a couple of wickets. As many as Kaneria this match, if not more...

white fools
    Why did you specify that they were white? You bring race into posts too much.

ReputationRep:
    Credit to Freddie and KP for batting well, as well as Jonesy and Giles.

Pakistan looked to have it in the bag at 20/4 but not to be.

Umpiring was poor allround, Pakistan had a few shockers against them, as did England - Inzi looked plumb last night - but yeah, in general the umpiring has been substandard.

Pakistan will be the happier of the two teams - England have a chance to draw level at Lahore, whereas Pak will be looking to win 2-0. They will be hampered by the absence of Afridi, and Eng by the absence of Strauss.

Another enthralling test match to wait for...

Who'll be our opener?

ReputationRep:
    who knows...vaughan probably since he used to do it...It would be tempting fate to put bell there in my opinion.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.