Flintoff
    Jones
    Giles
    Udal
    Harmison
    Hoggard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaby)
    well england survive thanks to those white umpires.
    Wow, what did the umpires do today to deny Pakistan victory? It's so funny, no matter what happens you scream racism and cheating, maybe you're just paranoid and looking for excuses to make up for your team's sub-standard performances.

well it looks like england have no chance of winning the next game as its in the home of pakistan, LAHORE, and if you go by statistics you will know pakistan never lose there.
    Hahah - funny guy - in the last 10 games Pakistan has played at Lahore, they've won 3, lost 3 and drawn 4. The last team to beat Pakistan in Lahore was none other than... England. So I'd hardly say they never lose in Lahore.

i would like to see strauss out from the next match, thanks to him england get early collapses.
    He's leaving anyway to attend to the birth of his first child, and is one of England's best batsmen, just having a poor tour.

also it should be the end of udal and his career, i would put anderson in his place.
    Vaughan has hinted he may be dropped for the next test.

pakistan would have to bring back hasan raza for afridi and maybe drop malik for kammal.
    Raza had a pretty shocking first test...

top knocks by inzi, and he is making those white fools at ICC eat there words for not picking him in super series and giving him an award,
    Hahahah - again, really funny. Inzamam made a total of ONE RUN against Australia in the Super Series after acting like the most pretenious baby the cricketing world has ever seen. Crying that he doesn't get a place in the team and then makes one run. He made himself look really smart there, didn't he?

ReputationRep:
    I hope collingwood actually does a good job this time - he's such a good player but just hasn't brought it to the tests so far - it would be great to see him cement a place in the team - he's a brilliant all-rounder.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. I think Collingwood is a very classy player.

ReputationRep:
    Yea...well - he is definately one of the top ODI players in the world, in my opinion - him flintoff and pietersen are quite a combination!

(Original post by Socrates)
    Vaughan most prob.

Im guessing Lahore team will be:

Trescothick
    Vaughan
    Bell
    Pietersen
    Collingwood
    Flintoff
    Jones
    Giles
    Udal
    Harmison
    Hoggard
    Wouldn't Pietersen keep his place of 5th behind Collingwood?

Also Hoggard should stay 10, he does a different role to Harmie, he's probably a better bat overall, though his slogging for quick boundaries isn't as good. It depends on the situation really, but when we have a proper batsman in still Hoggard would be best...

ReputationRep:
    the last few is always hard to decide - if theres another good bat in there send in hoggard to hold up the end - he should really be taught to take singles better tho...
    if its another tail ender, send in harmy to hit some big runs then hoggard can come and support whoevers last.

(Original post by bikerx23)
    the last few is always hard to decide - if theres another good bat in there send in hoggard to hold up the end - he should really be taught to take singles better tho...
    if its another tail ender, send in harmy to hit some big runs then hoggard can come and support whoevers last.
    Yup, pretty much agree with that.

Remember Hoggies 4 though, legend.

ReputationRep:
    hehe - would this be an ashes thing?
    I only just saw the last day of the fourth test and the final test last week :eek: field trips suck...

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been able to see the tests, but does Vaughan look fully fit? It seems his batting may be suffering from his injury.

I think I saw something on teletext about England almost definately changing their bowling attack and swapping a spinner for a seamer. Either Anderson or Liam Plunkett. Would be interesting to see Plunkett getting a go.
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Wouldn't Pietersen keep his place of 5th behind Collingwood?

Also Hoggard should stay 10, he does a different role to Harmie
    Nah I think Collingwood's having to weather the storm a bit regarding his test career, he should be at 5 or 6 behind proven batsmen. Excellent player though as said before, hopefully he'll come good in the test arena.

I agree about Hoggard, does his bit and lets Harmison welly the ball around!

hehe - would this be an ashes thing?
    I only just saw the last day of the fourth test and the final test last week :eek: field trips suck...
    It was the usual: easy chase and top order fluff it up.

Down to Giles and Hoggard, looks over. They're both LEGENDS and win us the game, Hoggard relieves immense pressure by hitting a great 4.

ReputationRep:
    ah - I know the one you mean was a lovely timed shot, wasn't it
    sunday ashes 4th test I believe....

ah - I know the one you mean was a lovely timed shot, wasn't it
    sunday ashes 4th test I believe....
    Yeah. As vital as Pietersens 150 to the ashes victory. :cool:

(Just got my first offer!)

ReputationRep:
    wow - congrats!
    where is it and what for?

wow - congrats!
    where is it and what for?
    I just did what everyone else is doing and made that spoiler thing in my sig.

It's Durham to read sociology, BBB needed, got AAC at AS so need to make sure that C goes up!

ReputationRep:
    nice one - durhams a cool uni...
    you can have inter-college sports as well, which is fantastic.

nice one - durhams a cool uni...
    you can have inter-college sports as well, which is fantastic.
    Yeah, my g/f is there so I've seen it loads. Got into the college I wanted too, trevs.

ReputationRep:
    hehe - thats as good a reason as any to go somewhere - i'm sure you'll have a good time.

hehe - thats as good a reason as any to go somewhere - i'm sure you'll have a good time.
    It's not the only reason, just an added bonus. Durhams a top uni. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    yea that too...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.