The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7820
The Hair incident definitly did affect Kaneira's Performance !

Looks like Eng might need another 18 years to win the Ashes again !
iscariot - theres one thing making a mistake in the heat of the moment , but its a different matter , when between 3 umpires they cant inflict the laws of the game.Didnt daryll hair know that u coulnt be out avoiding the ball for safety purposes ???????

why does there always seem to be controvesy linked with hair ?????

uve given a bleak list of answers , to try and defend hair , but the fact of the matter is there are very few good umpires left in the panel: steve buchnor and aleem dar/and propbably simon taufell
I disagree - Aleem Dar is a bad umpire when it comes to lbw decisions... the other two are top notch though.
bikerx23
I disagree - Aleem Dar is a bad umpire when it comes to lbw decisions... the other two are top notch though.

to be fair, he umpired well in the Ashes.
hmm...I'm not 100% convinced - he did make some bad calls - e.g. aussie batting in the fourth test - but still better than many.
thats ridiculous - aleem dar is probably top of the pile . hair is awful.]

and rudi gives dodgy lbw's aslong as u make a good appeal
Reply 7826
toufel might be a good umpire but no were near aleem dar.

dar hardly makes a mistake, if he was a white man he would have created history.

toufel is nothing extordinary just a white man enjoying the benefits. just imagine were he would be if he was an asian./
What is all this emphasis on skin colour?

There's no need for it.
wasn't he statistically the best umpire in tests last year?
I think you look at religion too much in cricket.
bikerx23
wasn't he statistically the best umpire in tests last year?
I think you look at religion too much in cricket.

Taufel has been voted best umpire, by the players, two years running.
Socrates
Taufel has been voted best umpire, by the players, two years running.

I think that speaks for itself really - considering he's aussie they wont have been able to vote for him (neutral umpires.etc.), so then he must be making a good impression with the players round the world, even if a certain fan doesn't think so.
Reply 7831
that cos all western's vote for him cos hes white, if aleem dar was aussie he will be were dickie is at this young age allready.

--------------

Socrates
What is all this emphasis on skin colour?

There's no need for it.

there is, cos ICC love white.

why is countrys like england and aussie get away with everything,

just look how bell got away with that catch of moyo but when rashid latif done it he got banned staright away and it cost him his career. there are tons more stuff like this.
so why do they all vote for taufel, not a spread of votes between the white umpires?
also....why is steve bucknor also seen as one of the best, despite being black?
shaby
there is, cos ICC love white.

just look how bell got away with that catch of moyo but when rashid latif done it he got banned staright away and it cost him his career. there are tons more stuff like this.

ICC Chairman Ehsan Mani is a Pakistani.

Bell's catch was contentious, but then it was up to the Pakistan team to complain. The Bangladesh team complained about Rashid Latif, thats why he was banned. Complain to the PCB, not to the white people.
Reply 7834
ehsan is british but has pakistani parents, but he is just the chairman controlling the board, the decison makers in icc are all white,
So funny how you complain about the 'whites' running cricket, when it's pretty clear to me you have no idea what so ever. If it wasn't for the Asian influence within the ICC, Bangladesh would never be playing Test cricket at the moment. It was the Asian countries which wanted them to join the Test teams, if it was the whites really running the ICC then I doubt you'd see them playing Test match cricket.

Also, if you actually spent the whole of 3 seconds looking through the ICC executive board you'd see:

Ehsan Mani: Well, British/Pakistani
Malcolm Speed: White
Percy Sonn: Black
Bob Merriman: White
Mohamad Ali Asghar: Asian
David Morgan: White
Jagmohan Dalmiya: Asian
Shaharyar Khan: Asian
Sir John Anderson: White
Ray Mali: Black
Jayantha Dharmadasa: Asian
Kenneth Gordon: Black
Peter Chingoka: Black

That makes 4 whites to 8 non-whites. That means on the executive committee there are twice as many non-whites as there are whites. So the decision makers are definately not 'all white'. Your ignorance is almost as bad as your racism.
Reply 7836
ne1 do it? i used to and i wish i never gave it up!!! :frown: awk well..
Damn i wish i had the facilities to watch the on-going pakistan and england cricket series. Went to India over the summer for four weeks, frequently played cricket in the park with the locals - smashing the ball all over the place to calls of "pieterson", "flintoff"...ahhh they are fanatic the fans in India and Pakistan - its a fantastic sport..a huge following and i feel that this series and following ODIs will help Pakistan, particularly following the earthquake devastation.
Reply 7838
Great double hundred by Lara today and only few more runs to be test crickets leading run scorer ever ! Would have loved to watch that knock !

Right back to the build up to the third and final test !

So most probably a draw pitch seems to be even more flatter if you can get flatter !
Many overs due to be lost ! Likely to be a draw !

Eng really have to fight just to level the series Pak it seems jus cant lose out !
Reply 7839
Symonds bowled to him nearly had him trapped in front - though replays showed that Aleem Dar made an excellent judgment as the ball pitched just marginally outside leg -

More backing for you there Dar seems very good !

shaby
that cos all western's vote for him cos hes white, if aleem dar was aussie he will be were dickie is at this young age allready.

here is, cos ICC love white.

--------------

Thats from CricInfo not my own judgements !

Latest