Turn on thread page Beta

Back to cricket... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Another Fascinating day's cricket as predicted !

England are really lucky not to loose this time, It could have been easily 2-0 to be honest had this really been a 5th day pitch Eng would have lost and had Pak held on to their catches !

Eng dont seem upto it ! Dont seem like Ashes winners dont seem no 1 or 2 in the world !

Pak have a fantastic record in Lahore, with more play to be lost and a flatter pitch it may be 1-0 or the way Eng are playing they may lose 2-0 !

Afridi out i think they will bring in Razzaq who has reverse swing and batting, if he is fit or another batsman like Akmal maybe the state of the pitch may dictate the return of Musthaq ! Pakistan hold all the aces !

ReputationRep:
    i have to say the umpiring has definately been shocking, and in this test match , and even the first test pakistan wore the brunt of the bad decisions -mohd yousuf's comes to mind in the 1st test.

also daryl hair has always been biased against asian players the famous issue against murali for starters.also no other umpire has gave danish kaneria any warnings for running on the pitch except for the test againt the windies - guess who the umpire was ???? hair!!!!!!

however tauffel goes about his business in less contoversial fashion.shabbir ahmed was cleared from australia for his bowling action, he was our best bowler in the 1st test - so guess wat tauffel and bowden report him after being cleared . very good subtle move, to weaken pakistan.

also the decisions they got wong were of our best player - yousuf on 78 - illeagal bell catch !!!!!
    inzamam on 100 odd - the conveniently forgot the laws of the game . pak would have gone on to score 550 + if those bad decisions hadnt been made !!!!!

I think we'd do better batting first, or at least they'd do worse...

ReputationRep:
    well i hope hair isnt umpiring next test "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asjad_03)
    also daryl hair has always been biased against asian players the famous issue against murali for starters.
    You don't think it's got anything to do with the fact that Muralitharan before the age of massive amounts of biomechanical testing looks as if he throws it? Just to throw that idea out there, it's not as if he no-balled someone who was bowling with a pure action. I love watching Muralitharan bowl in cricket, but I still think he's chucking it.

also no other umpire has gave danish kaneria any warnings for running on the pitch except for the test againt the windies - guess who the umpire was ???? hair!!!!!!
    Look at the television replays, every time he was warned he was running on the track. I don't see how you can refute that.

however tauffel goes about his business in less contoversial fashion.shabbir ahmed was cleared from australia for his bowling action, he was our best bowler in the 1st test - so guess wat tauffel and bowden report him after being cleared . very good subtle move, to weaken pakistan.
    Tell me what Taufel and Bowden had to gain by Ahmed not playing? I hate to be the one to say this, but Shabbir chucks it more than anyone else on the international circuit. I'm not sure what's more incredible, the fact that he managed to get as far as the national team with such a flawed action, or the fact that he's still allowed bowl despite being called up for having a flawed action so many times. Biomechanical tests have shown Shabbir to have been breaching the rules of bowling (both 10 and 15 degree limits) in the past, and has only returned to international cricket after undergoing remedial action. The most suspect thing about this is that Inzamam had no problem bowling Shoaib Malik, another person whose been reported, yet they chose to drop Shabbir, why? I'm going to hazzard a guess and say it's because the fact that Shabbir was throwing it was pretty obvious, and if Inzamam and the PCB were seriously worried about the strength of their attack on the basis of Shabbir being left out, they would have played him anyway, there is no ICC restriction not allowing him to play during this series.

also the decisions they got wong were of our best player - yousuf on 78 - illeagal bell catch !!!!!
    Spare a thought for Brian Lara, whose been triggered 3 out of 4 innings now in Australia. Unless there is a global conspiracy by the ICC elite umpires panel to make certain teams bleed, then I think the PCB, the WICB and the BCCI would be filing complaints left right and centre if there were any credible evidence for racism amongst umpiring decisions.

inzamam on 100 odd - the conveniently forgot the laws of the game . pak would have gone on to score 550 + if those bad decisions hadnt been made !!!!!
    You don't know that, Inzamam could have had all 3 stumps knocked out of the ground the very next ball. To say that they would have gone onto score 550+ is pure speculation.

--------------

PS: Umpires for the 3rd test are Darrel Hair and Rudi Koertzen.

--------------

(Original post by pete77)
    Afridi out i think they will bring in Razzaq who has reverse swing and batting, if he is fit or another batsman like Akmal maybe the state of the pitch may dictate the return of Musthaq ! Pakistan hold all the aces !
    Mohammed Asif has been brought into the squad.

Pakistan squad for the 3rd test: Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), Salman Butt, Shoaib Malik, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Asim Kamal, Kamran Akmal (wk), Mohammad Sami, Danish Kaneria, Arshad Khan, Mushtaq Ahmed, Shoaib Akhtar, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Hasan Raza, Mohammad Asif.

I'm not sure if they'll play another spinner, Kaneria didn't even take a single wicket during the last Test, and the pitch at Lahore is supposedly similar to this pitch at Faisalabad.

ReputationRep:
    The Hair incident definitly did affect Kaneira's Performance !

Looks like Eng might need another 18 years to win the Ashes again !

ReputationRep:
    iscariot - theres one thing making a mistake in the heat of the moment , but its a different matter , when between 3 umpires they cant inflict the laws of the game.Didnt daryll hair know that u coulnt be out avoiding the ball for safety purposes ???????

why does there always seem to be controvesy linked with hair ?????

uve given a bleak list of answers , to try and defend hair , but the fact of the matter is there are very few good umpires left in the panel: steve buchnor and aleem dar/and propbably simon taufell

ReputationRep:
    I disagree - Aleem Dar is a bad umpire when it comes to lbw decisions... the other two are top notch though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    I disagree - Aleem Dar is a bad umpire when it comes to lbw decisions... the other two are top notch though.
    to be fair, he umpired well in the Ashes.

ReputationRep:
    hmm...I'm not 100% convinced - he did make some bad calls - e.g. aussie batting in the fourth test - but still better than many.

ReputationRep:
    thats ridiculous - aleem dar is probably top of the pile . hair is awful.]

and rudi gives dodgy lbw's aslong as u make a good appeal

ReputationRep:
    toufel might be a good umpire but no were near aleem dar.

dar hardly makes a mistake, if he was a white man he would have created history.

toufel is nothing extordinary just a white man enjoying the benefits. just imagine were he would be if he was an asian./

ReputationRep:
    What is all this emphasis on skin colour?

There's no need for it.

ReputationRep:
    wasn't he statistically the best umpire in tests last year?
    I think you look at religion too much in cricket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    wasn't he statistically the best umpire in tests last year?
    I think you look at religion too much in cricket.
    Taufel has been voted best umpire, by the players, two years running.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    Taufel has been voted best umpire, by the players, two years running.
    I think that speaks for itself really - considering he's aussie they wont have been able to vote for him (neutral umpires.etc.), so then he must be making a good impression with the players round the world, even if a certain fan doesn't think so.

ReputationRep:
    that cos all western's vote for him cos hes white, if aleem dar was aussie he will be were dickie is at this young age allready.

--------------

(Original post by Socrates)
    What is all this emphasis on skin colour?

There's no need for it.

there is, cos ICC love white.

why is countrys like england and aussie get away with everything,

just look how bell got away with that catch of moyo but when rashid latif done it he got banned staright away and it cost him his career. there are tons more stuff like this.

ReputationRep:
    so why do they all vote for taufel, not a spread of votes between the white umpires?
    also....why is steve bucknor also seen as one of the best, despite being black?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaby)
    there is, cos ICC love white.

why is countrys like england and aussie get away with everything,

just look how bell got away with that catch of moyo but when rashid latif done it he got banned staright away and it cost him his career. there are tons more stuff like this.
    ICC Chairman Ehsan Mani is a Pakistani.

Bell's catch was contentious, but then it was up to the Pakistan team to complain. The Bangladesh team complained about Rashid Latif, thats why he was banned. Complain to the PCB, not to the white people.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.