Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    getting shot at close range really sucks.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ly/4472642.stm

I used to follow the wrc and i remember him and Gronholm competing for the title and winning it in '01, it was great sport viewing. He was a great driver.

ReputationRep:
    RIP. I was never a fan of WRC but even I knew of him.

ReputationRep:
    Likewise, very sad to hear of a death of someone so young, anyone for that matter, but i remember him and McRae and the computer games.

Richard Burns R.I.P.

ReputationRep:
    I'd watch either, its seen as league is "up north" playing cause they like it and union is "down south" playing cause they get paid. I've played both and they've both got + and -'s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooftopcowboy)
    it would if they just stuck them together, i was more thinking if theyd never split up.
    Football will still be more popular because you don't need referees too much in football when playing with friends but you will need one for rugby. Plus the rules for football are so much easier compared to rugby and you can make goal posts for football, not so much for rugby. Plus it's easier to kick a football than a rugby ball.

ReputationRep:
    i did gymnastics for 5 years from when i was 12-17. Wish i'd started earlier cos i ended up getting fairly good (for general gymnastics anyway) considering I'd started so late, my flexiblility sucked for a gymnast tho. Ive found an adult gymnastics club bout 3 miles away but need to find out if theres a bus to get there.
    I also did a coaching award and coached for 3 years (2 years "helping" then a year after i qualified) and i miss it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Football will still be more popular because you don't need referees too much in football when playing with friends but you will need one for rugby. Plus the rules for football are so much easier compared to rugby and you can make goal posts for football, not so much for rugby. Plus it's easier to kick a football than a rugby ball.
    But football is just so boring..

Well played England, Moody you nutter

ReputationRep:
    Like others I never really followed WRC closely but would watch it occassionally when it was on. Burns seemed like a decent bloke in interviews and I was very surprised to see the news this morning.

RIP

ReputationRep:
    I think its bad George Best basically killed himself and gt so much coverage, yet a perfect sportman like Burns gets nxt to no coverage compartively. R.I.P Burnsey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Colonel)
    I think its bad George Best basically killed himself and gt so much coverage, yet a perfect sportman like Burns gets nxt to no coverage compartively. R.I.P Burnsey
    its not right is it. rip, burnsy - well played.

ReputationRep:
    Holy s**t.... I was thinking about him the other day, wondering what he was up to - he was ace

ReputationRep:
    Very sad to hear of Richard Burns passing away. Unfortunatley it was just a matter of time i think. I will always remember stsnding at the superspecial in Cardiff in 2001 when he was battling it out for the title.

Not a good year for Rallying with the Michael Park crash that claimed his life too.

RIP Richard.

ReputationRep:
    pfft - you cant criticise moody too heavily - tuilagi went for cueto first and moody was just retaliating on behalf of his team mate - if he had not this would lead to discontent and mistrust within the team.
    I know I would not have done any differently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    No I've never done gymnastics - I wish that I'd had the oppotunity to do it at school and be in a club though when I was a kid - I'm pretty sure that I'd be a lot more flexible now! lol

If you wish you'd never given it up, why don't you start learning again?
    wish it was that easy. theres not much point starting back now, id be useless!

i used to amazing (if i say so myself :rolleyes:) on volt, i used luv doin half-on half-off's gr8 crk!! i lyked doin bars aswell, floor was ok, cept 4 foward rolls - i hate them with a passion lol and its one of the things you do first lol

ReputationRep:
    I was sad to hear of it too, and I would like to echo the claims of others that it is disappointing how few people really know of him, despite being the only Brit ever to win the world rally championship, when George Best relatively gains such extensive coverage.

ReputationRep:
    I adore tennis. And play as often as I can. But, strange, I dont know much about greatests playes and etc. I only know a few of them, those who are really famous.

ReputationRep:
    Thought i'd start a thread for anyone who does latin or ballroom dancing

ReputationRep:
    Is it considered a sport?

ReputationRep:
    Good win for Wales against Oz yesterday..

Wales 24 - 22 Australia!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.