Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
theepw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Its always tragic to hear something like that, especially someone so young.

RIP
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
effign ***** wallabies, effing hell, SACK JONES SACK GREGAN, SACK BAXTER AND CANNON!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhhh

***** BLOODY Bokke, not a fun weekend for me!!!!!!

How crap was the Wallabies scrum!!!!
BexTait
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just unfortunate Best died the same day, it was barely mentionned on the news, and for one of the best drivers of his era it's sad he didn't get more of a mention. RIP Burnsie
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well - you have had 10 years of your regional coaches claiming scrummaging isn't that important...
The only really good players I saw on the side were George Smith and Lote Tuquiri - the rest looked like a big pile of turd (I admit you had a lovely little switch move with mat rogers though...)
Colly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think the whole Aussie backline is pretty strong (esp Drew Mitchell and Chris Latham) but you are really struggling in the front row. Good hooker coming through (forget his name, won World u21 player of the year) but no props. We (Ireland) haven't had any props for years so join the club.
Higgy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Pierluigi Collina i think you mean, best referee there is, such a shame hes retired recently. It depends what you mean by feared players....cos they're so good at what they do or their physical presence which makes them scary?
roxy potter
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Colly)
I think the whole Aussie backline is pretty strong (esp Drew Mitchell and Chris Latham) but you are really struggling in the front row. Good hooker coming through (forget his name, won World u21 player of the year) but no props. We (Ireland) haven't had any props for years so join the club.
Good to see another Irish rugby fan here.
Colly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by roxy potter)
Good to see another Irish rugby fan here.
Yea but not much to cheer at the moment is there? :rolleyes:
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
thats all of you then
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Cymru!
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
rydw in meddol bod maen cymru yn ddiflas...
roxy potter
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Colly)
Yea but not much to cheer at the moment is there? :rolleyes:
I suppose but remember last year we won all three ai's and then didn't exactly have a great 6n. Not that this years looks like its gonna be any better. Im beginning to agree with the o'sullivan out campaign although im glad he's bringing in new players.
Was at the australia match last week and genuinly couldn't believe it when they began to pull ahead, their mistakes were so basic but then again so were ours.
We probably do need new props though it pains me to say it as a munster girl but john hayes really doesn't seem to be up to it any more. Im not too keen on simon best either. Peter Bracken for the future perhaps?
Whats your province?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ulster.
roxy potter
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Ulster.
the irish bench.
That was really quite weird. Girvan Dempsey was like the odd man out.
Colly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I suppose but remember last year we won all three ai's and then didn't exactly have a great 6n. Not that this years looks like its gonna be any better. Im beginning to agree with the o'sullivan out campaign although im glad he's bringing in new players.
Was at the australia match last week and genuinly couldn't believe it when they began to pull ahead, their mistakes were so basic but then again so were ours.
We probably do need new props though it pains me to say it as a munster girl but john hayes really doesn't seem to be up to it any more. Im not too keen on simon best either. Peter Bracken for the future perhaps?
Whats your province?
The results don't really bother me, it's the fact that there was seemingly a total lack of confidence and passion in the team. Even against Romania, the pack really struggled to get momentum which is a bad sign.
The front row is a real problem, esp 2 and 3 (Horan is a good enough at 1) Bracken could be good at 3 and Flannery looks like a decent hooker from what I've seen. We undoutedly have good second and back rows, but half back is a real problem. I'm a Munster fan (from Cork) but Stringer doesn't cut it as this level. I'd like to see Reddan or O'Leary given a chance. O'Gara isn't playing at all well at the moment, although he is a good player. I think Jeremy Manning has the potential to be a fantastic player so hopefully he can be the future 10. As for the outside backs, potential to be dynamite esp when BOD is back.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh well I thought he was an Ulster fan based on where he used to live before London. Ah well.
roxy potter
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Colly)
The results don't really bother me, it's the fact that there was seemingly a total lack of confidence and passion in the team. Even against Romania, the pack really struggled to get momentum which is a bad sign.
The front row is a real problem, esp 2 and 3 (Horan is a good enough at 1) Bracken could be good at 3 and Flannery looks like a decent hooker from what I've seen. We undoutedly have good second and back rows, but half back is a real problem. I'm a Munster fan (from Cork) but Stringer doesn't cut it as this level. I'd like to see Reddan or O'Leary given a chance. O'Gara isn't playing at all well at the moment, although he is a good player. I think Jeremy Manning has the potential to be a fantastic player so hopefully he can be the future 10. As for the outside backs, potential to be dynamite esp when BOD is back.
We def have good second rows and back rows. Joc and Doc are my favourite players.And im a big flannery fan.
Not being smart but isn't jeremy manning from nz or somewhere?
Colly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Oh well I thought he was an Ulster fan based on where he used to live before London. Ah well.
Yea good guess, but Munster are better
In fairness I support all the Irish provinces as long as they aren't playing Munster.

--------------

We def have good second rows and back rows. Joc and Doc are my favourite players.And im a big flannery fan.
Not being smart but isn't jeremy manning from nz or somewhere?
He is from NZ, but he qualifies for Ireland in another 8 months, and lets be honest, he aint gonna replace Dan Carter so hopefully he'll declare for Ireland. He's only 19/20 and he's already played quite a few games for Munster.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Should this threda not get much notice, I will move it too GD and se how it goes there. You may find more interest there, not too sure. I will keep a beady on it.
tiempo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Lauren...

Jeez... He always seems to go in two footed!!!

(Arsenal fan by the way!!! )
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (189)
39.54%
No - but I will (28)
5.86%
No - I don't want to (33)
6.9%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (228)
47.7%

Watched Threads