Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Poison Ivy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Higgy)
Pierluigi Collina i think you mean, best referee there is, such a shame hes retired recently. It depends what you mean by feared players....cos they're so good at what they do or their physical presence which makes them scary?
The baldy guy with huge green eyes,
yeah he scawee, it's the eyes but he is a really good ref, the best even!
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
we will finish last. lol
Aw no need to be so negative Eve, have some faith in the boys - who knows, we might come 2nd last :laugh:

John Safran rocks woohoo!!!
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by galadriel100)
I watched it too! Personally, I don't understand why Australia is bothering playing in the World Cup. All the best soccer players go overseas to play.
But who can underestimate the power of a witch doctor's curse?
:eek: Just saw your sig, how's life in Germany going?

we will finish last. lol
Aw no need to be so negative Eve, have some faith in the boys - who knows, we might come 2nd last :laugh:

John Safran rocks woohoo!!!
roxy potter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Colly)
Yea good guess, but Munster are better
In fairness I support all the Irish provinces as long as they aren't playing Munster.

--------------

He is from NZ, but he qualifies for Ireland in another 8 months, and lets be honest, he aint gonna replace Dan Carter so hopefully he'll declare for Ireland. He's only 19/20 and he's already played quite a few games for Munster.
Well he's def not gonna replace carter that much i can see but like you said he is still really young. He's a great assest to munster much better than paul burke i suppose the question is will he want to play for ireland. We could do with him alright considering rog is past it and we have no one else really.
AnonGuy2005
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Folks anyone that is interested in joining a jujitsu class please come along to the Jacobs Well dance centre on Monday nights between 8 and 10, it costs only £4 a time and is great fun

We need to get our numbers up otherwise we will have to stop

For more info on this great sport see

http://www.jitsufoundation.org

Info about classes

http://www.jitsufoundation.org/test_...=22&clubid=122
car bomb01
Report 13 years ago
Hey i was just wondering if i could get some advice. I fancy starting some martial arts, preferably like ju jitsu, and was just wonderin if anyone knows of anywhere it is offered in Newcastle-upon-Tyne or in the surrounding area. Cheers
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
John Safran ROCKS. Did you see that story on SBS world Sports, it was great!

However this said. We arent going to win the world cup, no freaking way.
Hiya, not seen you in these parts recently. Nice to have you around, dont be a stranger.
john williams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Inzaman LMAO he was going to retire a few yrs back cos he was crap, but has had a bit of form thats it. Most feared cricketers are Tendulkar (everyone talks of getting his wicket), Lara, Gilchrist, Warne, Shewag, Akhtar, Lee etc
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Duncan Ferguson end of.
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by john williams)
Inzaman LMAO he was going to retire a few yrs back cos he was crap, but has had a bit of form thats it. Most feared cricketers are Tendulkar (everyone talks of getting his wicket), Lara, Gilchrist, Warne, Shewag, Akhtar, Lee etc
Afridi?
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Inzaman LMAO he was going to retire a few yrs back cos he was crap, but has had a bit of form thats it.
LOL

Bit of form? The guy has been averaging over 60 in the last 5 years, and about 70 since he became captain. Higher than both Tendulkar and Lara, may I add.

As a Indian, I s'pose you're bitter at how well he's done against you
AnonGuy2005
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by car bomb01)
Hey i was just wondering if i could get some advice. I fancy starting some martial arts, preferably like ju jitsu, and was just wonderin if anyone knows of anywhere it is offered in Newcastle-upon-Tyne or in the surrounding area. Cheers
http://www.jitsufoundation.org/test_...ge=60&region=5
john williams
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Socrates)
LOL

Bit of form? The guy has been averaging over 60 in the last 5 years, and about 70 since he became captain. Higher than both Tendulkar and Lara, may I add.

As a Indian, I s'pose you're bitter at how well he's done against you
well you may wana check the overal stats to see whos a better player:

Tendulkar: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/india...yer/35320.html averaged 57 in tests (34 100's), baring in mind he hasnt played test matches in a yr and is now coming to form again and is recognised as being the greatest by all cricketers, read Warnes autobiography.

Inzaman: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakis...yer/40570.html averaged 51 in tests (24 100's)...that says it all.
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well you may wana check the overal stats to see whos a better player:.
We aren't talking about that.

I said - Inzamam has averaged 62 in the last 5 years, and in the same period Lara and Tendulkar have averaged less. Thats all, no more no less.

So to say he has a "bit of form" says more about you than Inzy.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
personally, I think micheal phelps deserves a spot, he certainly is a very accomplished swimmer, and if you're afraid of defeat, swimming against him I would think you would be quaking....

Athens Games, in which he won six gold medals and two bronze
stirlingboy
Report 13 years ago
come on those who've mentioned rugby players have forgotten the animal himself chabal of france what and absolute nutter! then in football they don't say bobo's gonnae get you at celtic for nothing!
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
chabal isn't that worrying...If it was off a kick off I would hate to be against moody though :eek: since he will undiscriminately put his knee through your face... (did you see the one against samoa where he just jumped into the man who was up in the air - it looked ridiculous! but very scary stuff...)
Chabal may be a bit of a beast, but he's not massively mobile, so if you're nimble he wont be able to crunch you, whereas moody would!

also...he can use his fists too, just not very often...
shaby
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well you may wana check the overal stats to see whos a better player:

Tendulkar: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/india...yer/35320.html averaged 57 in tests (34 100's), baring in mind he hasnt played test matches in a yr and is now coming to form again and is recognised as being the greatest by all cricketers, read Warnes autobiography.

Inzaman: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakis...yer/40570.html averaged 51 in tests (24 100's)...that says it all.

averages and tons dnt say nothing, its just that tendu plays for his record while inzi plays for pakistan all the time and is a pure matchwinner.

if inzi played like tendu then he would have broken every record in the book, but pakistan always comes first for him.

and its a bit odd to say hes been in a bit of form, cos really hes been in his best form since 2003, you hardly see a player these days who's in there peak at 35.
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by student01)
Has anyone used Zen in their Martial Art, its so powerful, its a killer..............it was used very much in ancient times, but is still used in a few dojos in Japan, and around the world.
Yes, the style I practise uses the works of Zen in the syllabus. You're right that it's powerful, as Zen teaches you to clear your mind of all thoughts, even the counter-attack moves... just have a clear head, focus on your breathing and your aim and go for it. If you get it right, you find that you're totally fluid when you're sparring, as you don't even think about what your hands or feet are doing - which usually brings about pretty neat results.

We also use yoga which builds up strength and breathing techniques such as meditation to focus and clear the mind.

God, I love my sport
rachelrainbow32
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I do Shotokan Karate. I do it for MSKF which is quite a new federation but i just won the club fighting competition. But we have loads of belts it goes
red and white, red, yellow, orange and white, orange, green, blue, purple and white, purple, brown and white, brown, brown and black, black. so theres loads, im on my blue belt n im nt gna beable to get me black belt before i av 2 go 2 uni
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (432)
37.5%
No - but I will (87)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (79)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (554)
48.09%

Watched Threads