Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelrainbow32)
    But we have loads of belts it goes
    red and white, red, yellow, orange and white, orange, green, blue, purple and white, purple, brown and white, brown, brown and black, black. so theres loads, im on my blue belt n im nt gna beable to get me black belt before i av 2 go 2 uni
    Wow that IS a lot of belts! blimey! How long do you normally leave between gradings? in my style my sensei books a grading every 2-3 months, depending on who's ready for it. Obviously the further up you get the more there is to learn so it takes longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaby)
    averages and tons dnt say nothing, its just that tendu plays for his record while inzi plays for pakistan all the time and is a pure matchwinner.

if inzi played like tendu then he would have broken every record in the book, but pakistan always comes first for him.

and its a bit odd to say hes been in a bit of form, cos really hes been in his best form since 2003, you hardly see a player these days who's in there peak at 35.
    well thats a load of rubbish, isnt inzaman about 35? Isnt Lara about 34 and he got a double ton the other day? Tendulkar goes out and bats for the team and does what ever is required.

"When he became the first batsman to score 50 hundreds in international cricket, Sachin Tendulkar established himself as the greatest of all Indian cricketers. Recognised by Sir Donald Bradman as his modern incarnation, Tendulkar has a skill - a genius - which only a handful have possessed. It was not a skill that he was simply born with, but one which was developed by his intelligence and an infinite capacity for taking pains. If there is a secret, it is that Tendulkar has the keenest of cricket minds. At times in a Test series he looks mortal. But he learns every lesson, picks up every cue, dominates the opposing attack sooner or later, and nearly always makes a hundred. His bravery was proved after he was hit on the head on his Test debut in Pakistan, when he was only 16; and his commitment to the Indian cause has never been in doubt. If captaincy - or rather the off-field management of men less skilled than himself - was beyond him at his first attempt, his reading of the game, and his manifold varieties of bowling, have shown the same acute intelligence. His cricket has been played in the right way too, always attacking, and because he knew that was the right way rather than because he was a child of the one-day age, as he himself modestly said. The awe of opponents was as great as that of crowds. But the finest compliment must be that bookmakers would not fix the odds - or a game - until Tendulkar was out. "

ReputationRep:
    I used to do Kenshinkai Shotokan Karate, since I was about 4 years old. The Power Rangers were the reason I started, but I stopped doing it in April 2004. I am 18 now. The reason I left was because I got the black belt, but mostly because the thing was becoming really boring.

Besides, I want to get into Jeet Kune Doo, due to excessive viewing of Bruce Lee films. Anybody know any centres in the East London area?

ReputationRep:
    I do Shotokan Karate. I do it for MSKF which is quite a new federation but i just won the club fighting competition. But we have loads of belts it goes
    red and white, red, yellow, orange and white, orange, green, blue, purple and white, purple, brown and white, brown, brown and black, black. so theres loads, im on my blue belt n im nt gna beable to get me black belt before i av 2 go 2 uni
    Mine are pretty long too, i mean when your on your brown belt, mainly its the one before black, you have to obtain soooo many semi-belts in between. The order is:
    White, orange, red, yellow, green, purple, purple and white, brown, brown and white, grey, grey and white, then finally black! I think it's about 11 similar to yours.

--------------

(Original post by red665)
    Yes, the style I practise uses the works of Zen in the syllabus. You're right that it's powerful, as Zen teaches you to clear your mind of all thoughts, even the counter-attack moves... just have a clear head, focus on your breathing and your aim and go for it. If you get it right, you find that you're totally fluid when you're sparring, as you don't even think about what your hands or feet are doing - which usually brings about pretty neat results.

We also use yoga which builds up strength and breathing techniques such as meditation to focus and clear the mind.

God, I love my sport
    Which style Karate do you do? I study Shotokan Karate, but we don't do yoga, only a little Zen, but it's usually left until you reach your black belt!

ReputationRep:
    I do Shotokan Karate. I do it for MSKF which is quite a new federation but i just won the club fighting competition. But we have loads of belts it goes
    I'm with WSKF, i attended a shobu-ippon last year, it was my first real competition with other clubs, i came first place in Kumite and third in Kata, i messed up in my Kata when i was doing Tettsui-uchi, cos my sleeves were so bloody long. But anyway it was cool! LoL i love doing kumite (freestyle fighting)

--------------

Check out:
    http://shobu-ippon.com/events/default.asp
    Next years competition is international, but i'll be attending three before that in early 2006, so that'll get me stronger, hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    lara and tenu in the peak currently have you been taking crack.

lara may be playing good but hes well past his peak, which was about 7-10 years ago.
    scoring a double centry doesnt mean your at your peak.

tendulkar might be the greatest indian cricketer but afterall how many matches has he won you, even his centries have come in lost causes. not all of them but alot of them.

compare that with inzi, he has won pakistan many matches single handly and most of his centrys have come in won matches.

ReputationRep:
    thats a very unfair claim - the performance of a single player cannot win a match - obviously the fact that pakistan win more matches is due to the fact that they have a better team as a whole, therefore are more capable of building on the great innings that Inzamam produces, whilst despite all his efforts tendulkars great innings cannot be capitalised upon by the indian team - this does not reflect on either of their passions for their countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student01)
    Which style Karate do you do? I study Shotokan Karate, but we don't do yoga, only a little Zen, but it's usually left until you reach your black belt!
    I practice Zendo Kai http://www.zendo-kai.com/webupandgo/...e/Pages/L3.asp The kids do the yoga side of things to - it's so sweet watching a class of kids trying not to fidget when meditating! lol

ReputationRep:
    Rugby League? May aswell play Football

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAHAHA Eddie got sacked, long time coming, bound to happen with the wallabies dismal season!

I suppose now he can work in George Gregan's coffee shop, hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    whay hay!!!!!!!!! it was wales that clinched it!

ReputationRep:
    So Australia are third ranked in the world and have won 1 in 9 games or something...:confused:

Then again we all know how stupid rankings can be, just look at football.

ReputationRep:
    Och aye jimmee.

--------------

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Then again we all know how stupid rankings can be, just look at football.
    Which nations are you thinking of there ? (senses debate approaching

ReputationRep:
    That is really cool, i find your style more interesting as it involves a mixture of karate and yoga! I sent a message to one of the sensei's to find out if there are any clubs in my area, he replied, but i will definitely like to have some taste of this martial art. Although i will think about it after i recieve my black belt in Shotokan first!

--------------

As you can see i immensely need to revise my Dojo Kun

ReputationRep:
    To add my favourtie sport to this topic which is Formula One.

I would say that Michael Schumacher is the driver that everyone fears in F1 today, he is just awesome.

Before Schumacher it had to be Ayrton Senna who would have no worries about running you off the track when he was trying to defend his position. Many other great drivers learned that the hard way.

He was frighteningly quick, it was a real tragedy when he was killed back in 94.

ReputationRep:
    not ferret face then?

ReputationRep:
    i havent updated it, we've slipped dramatically. Stupid Eddie.

ReputationRep:
    Its more to do with the fact that you're players are awful, rather than the coach.

ReputationRep:
    our fowards are *****, backs are good, not as good as the bokke backs though. Its eddies fault because he hung onto the old players for so long. Now Eddie is gone there shall be no more George Gregan, Bill Young, Stirling Mortlock, Brendan Cannon, Chris Whitaker or Wendell Sailor. Plus Eddie had no range in plays, they do the same bloody scissor move in offense all the time, did he think the other teams wouldnt watch the tapes?

NUCIFORA FOR COACH!

ReputationRep:
    i am desperate to go to this game but i dont want to be paying £300+ for the ticket. does anyone know where i can get a ticket(s) that is even close to face value???

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.