Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I can watch Rugby League domestic games in the UK and Australia comfortably and enjoy it, but watching a Guinness Premiership game is utter garbage to me, even though I enjoy international RU and watch a lot of England games and if big teams play such as NZ/Aus/SA. Personally I find League more exciting, quicker. But as long as there's a bit of a dust up in between, i'll watch both

ReputationRep:
    Yay, I won the jumping competition in my lesson last night!!

ReputationRep:
    I dont know - some premiership games can, in my opinion, be very entertaining - but agreeably they could be better...
    If anyone saw northampton vs leicester last week (it was on terrestrial :eek: which is how I saw it) - that was a very exciting match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmjp)
    Why is it people can't just see that both codes, being a similar game, are actually quite good and stop bickering about which one is better.

I am a League fan but I couldn't really say League was better as even if I did start to watch as much Union as League I started watching League earlier so I'd be biased and it's all a matter of personal preference anyway.

As for disappearing, maybe it's just that people are back at school / college and don't have as much time for forums. Although I haven't been on for a while I can't remember seeing a League thread since the end of the season.

And it's hardly a 'retaliationary' thread if he started it. :p:
    I'm a league player by tradition and preference but play union at uni. People just need to accept the differences as they are when they watch/play the different codes.
    I prefer league as a game but its all good for me.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, its not for my personal use
    Im doing this tension experiment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    I dont know - some premiership games can, in my opinion, be very entertaining - but agreeably they could be better...
    If anyone saw northampton vs leicester last week (it was on terrestrial :eek: which is how I saw it) - that was a very exciting match.
    Not to be pedantic but that wasn't a league game, it was a Powergen cup game (thus it was on BBC) and was perhaps more open than average because both teams had to win in order to have a hope of qualifying for the semi-finals.

ReputationRep:
    ah - fair point....was still a great game, and have seen some comparably good league games.

ReputationRep:
    I had a ticket for £12 for Wales v England last 6 nations, through my brother playing for a local rugby team. hopefully get them through my auntie thist ime round, as she's on London Itish' committee... fingers crossed eh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tango45)
    Forget watching beer belly posh snobs paly, why not watch rugby league which is rough,tough,fast,skillful and a better game. It is 10X Union and there are more tries and the fights are better! Forget the Union team, Wilkinson woudln't last 5 minute son a league pitch.
    That a joke right...

fights are better... ha ha... what a pratt!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have one?
    What are your opinions on it?

ReputationRep:
    i have one...good laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Does it actually help you build up muscles?

ReputationRep:
    do you find it useful or is it just a fun thing?
    sorry for hijacking your thread jason01 but i just bought one for my brother as a christmas present, and was wondering if it is a stupid thing that will just collect dust in the corner of the bedroom or if it will be useful.

ReputationRep:
    I did gym for a couple of years between about 11-14 because my school had an awesome gym club based there and we got to use their facilities and coaches. I was never much good because I'm far too tall and unflexible, but I loved it so much! Our coach was great (she commentates on gymnastics for the BBC when it's on the Olympics and stuff :cool: ) and really pushed us, so even though I was really unco-ordinated I managed to put together some fairly polished stuff. The kids doing the elite training though...:eek:

ReputationRep:
    I have fallen in love with Manly beach :love: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, np m8
    Thats what I want to know.

ReputationRep:
    I play defence (I don't really mind whether it's right, centre, left or even sweeper) in field hockey.

1) Passing
    2) Dribbling
    3) Shooting (I'm so bad at shooting, I swear the goal repels all the balls I hit towards it...)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    "It was a tough fight," said Harrison. "I have no excuses but I lost my left hand from the third round."

williams won on points, khan stopped his opponenet in the second round.

ReputationRep:
    williams/harrison was poor imo

ReputationRep:
    yeah it wasnt a good fight at all

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.