Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Watching professional gymnastics is SO COOL! I love it! you just wonder in amazment how the hell they do all this bending and rolling with their bodies!

Yes by the age the girls at 20 there bones out of shape and they are infertile! but hey what amazing entertainment they are! waiting for the commonwelths now for more on TV!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nessymonster)
    I have actually thought about running and the problem has always been, as you said "...get out the front door..."
    Try and find someone else to do it with you, is a lot easier to actually get into it then and also makes the whole experience a lot more enjoyable, you shouldn't be running at a pace that makes it difficult to talk so can be nice and socialable. I found its the first few times/weeks that are the hardest after that I got used to it and its now a really enjoyable way to break up my time even if my training partner doesn't join me.

ReputationRep:
    c'mon Davis!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm i'm going to join a snooker club after finishing at university. It's a good game and relaxing too...i.e. have an alcoholic drink or otherwise, some chips with tomato ketchup and heinz salad cream, lush...and play snooker.

As a kid i can remember my favourite players were James Wattana and scottish player, Alan McManus...god only knows why those two in particular - i thought their surnames were pretty cool.

Davis is doing great at the moment, it must feel great for him knowing he's rattled Hendry.

ReputationRep:
    omg uber hendry-comback? :|

ReputationRep:
    Sh*te.

Let's wrap this up Steve!

ReputationRep:
    I have played polo, played quite extensively at PC and then played for my school for a year but then haven't played for 2 years!!

I'm riding for the first time in 4 months tomorrow - Pony went psycho and threw me off, then landed on me when she reared up. Had to have physio for like, ages, finally getting to ride tomorrow! I think I may be lunging for about a million hours beforehand!!

With regards to uni - Crossing that problem when we come to it. I have one of two ideas; Mum look after her or (ii) one of our liveries might just ride and do her for me. Or alternatively go to Exeter and be near home and come home a couple of times a week to give mum a break!

ReputationRep:
    I just joined my local snooker club. £8 membership for a year, £4.20 or so for an hour.

ReputationRep:
    Wat about ROY KEANE??????????

ReputationRep:
    Jimi plays that guitar cue like no other!

ReputationRep:
    lmao.

anyway, i really like watching snooker, especially since it's such a nice sport to gamble on. i also like how at the moment all the matches are on BBC interactive.

i knew steve davis was gonna beat hendry (didn't bet on it though), and that was good. the final will be very interesting indeed, i really can't say who's going to win - such different players. i have a feeling it'll be close though...

ReputationRep:
    Tis gonna be an interesting match. Totally contrasting styles of play - but I have my money on Ding! =)

ReputationRep:
    I loved watching Ding today!
    Can't wait for the final.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Roy Keane would scare me to death if I met him on a footy pitch.

ReputationRep:
    Ding is truly amazing. Anyone watch the final?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm interested in starting to learn...Any snowboarders out there that could say roughly how many lessons i'd need to get to a good standard?

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Pwnage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    Hi,

I'm interested in starting to learn...Any snowboarders out there that could say roughly how many lessons i'd need to get to a good standard?
    Actually (you're prolly gonna laugh when I tell you this ) one of my friends at uni is 2nd cousins with Torah Bright, one of Australia's leading snowboarders

They're from NSW south coastal area, and my friend doesn't live far from Cooma where it often hits -15 degrees celcius in winter.

It snows there! :p: Anyway I think she said she taught herself after a couple of lessons, also she has 2 older brothers who showed her how to do a few cool moves on a snowboard.

So basically what I'm trying to say is that, I suppose you could pay for a couple lessons, then see how you go with it? If you like it, go snowboarding with mates and they may show you a few tricks.

Good luck with it

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    it obviously depends how confident you are - you can get to the level when you feel happy going solo in a couple of lessons, but if you were going for, say, a week, I would recommend lessons first 2/3 days, then a couple more towards the end of the week to just perfect some other bits....

ReputationRep:
    Oh and my housemate's BF snowboards professionally and often travels to Canada to compete, if you want me to ask him any questions about it.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.