Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok people, I used to have a lovely pair of bottle green thin cord Harry Hall jods years ago and I grew out of them, I can't find another pair for the life of me. Anyone have any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    I was given one as a gift from my parents last year, have to say it is one of the most used gifts iv ever been given. As said above it is mainly used for competition between friends, I think the top score between my group of friends is 11,500. Have to say it does give the same burning feeling that you get from working out, but not sure if it actually works. Have fun with it, its a great present

ReputationRep:
    i have one! theyre so much fun, and the good thing bout them is that you can just pick it up and play with it whenever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexTait)
    Just unfortunate Best died the same day, it was barely mentionned on the news, and for one of the best drivers of his era it's sad he didn't get more of a mention. RIP Burnsie
    I only just found out a few minutes ago because the bbc have some pictures of his memorial. I didn't see anything in the papers about it when he died. There's something wrong with that. Poor bloke, incredibly talented and only 34

ReputationRep:
    i was disgusted at that - sadly he died at the same time as george best, so rather than the tragic loss being remembered we got the memorial to someone who ritually drank himself to death.

ReputationRep:
    Henson banned for 10 weeks, superb. Rather bittersweet though as I was looking forward to BOD tearing him to pieces in Dublin, ah well.

ReputationRep:
    I'm disappointed personally...
    admittedly moody against samoa was more violent, but he was protecting a fellow team mate, whereas henson attacked a man on the ground and got a lesser sentence...

he should have really been done for the attempted kick though - a minimum 3 month sentence...this is making me almost as angry as Grewcock on the lions tour - biting my arse! minimum ban for biting is 6 months, yet he gets 2 for it - confuse anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    omg who would've thought so many peeps ride!
    I sold my section D in september b'cause i had too much schoolwork etc! It' s killing me now though,once it's in your blood it won't go away, sop been riding the odd point to pointer now and again! I used to do WHP and local stuff but didn't have my own trailer....boohoo.

for those jodhs have you tried derby house-type it in google.Or robinsons.

ReputationRep:
    Some of these disciplinary decisions are certainly puzzling, the guidelines seem to be largely disregarded and the panel does whatever it likes. Generally they seem to be reasonable but there can be errors ie Grewcock who was seemingly convicted on the testimony of 2 New Zealand players.
    As for Henson, yes should have been 3 months, he aimed a kick at a man lying injured on the floor which is totally unacceptable and also very cowardly.

ReputationRep:
    i think it's an amazing instrument myself. I play a couple of sports that use wrist/arm/finger muscles quite a bit, and using the powerball (which I borrowed off a friend) really seemed to exercise those muscles, and I could definitely see the improvement!

Not to mention the fun factor - it is strangely addictive!

ReputationRep:
    What is it........

ReputationRep:
    true true - I'm surprised he was stupid enough to plead not guilty on both charges aswell - pleading guilty to the first count probably would have reduced the ban IMO...

back to the moody case though (can you tell I'm English?) - I can understand why the ref sent him off, since it look like he waded in...but looking at the vid, tuilagi was the one who made the fowl tackle, then started the punch up - moody was there to calm it down until he saw his team mate getting punched...
    If they're going to ban people for support like he did, the whole team should be on the bench for the next couple of months...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.powerballs.com/

ReputationRep:
    I want one

ReputationRep:
    Im at 131 thousand! I love those things, make sure you get one with a counter though so you can see yourself improve. I go the neon one too so I can look pseudo-cool at night.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone briefly explain what it is? Ive looked at the website but it looks like too much reading to find out :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    Can anyone briefly explain what it is? Ive looked at the website but it looks like too much reading to find out :p:
    basically a gyroscope.

has resistance though so as you spin it faster the forces working on your arm increase and it can really be draining trying to go faster or holding the speed of rotation up for any length of time....thats the challenge. go as fast as you can for as long as you can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    basically a gyroscope.

has resistance though so as you spin it faster the forces working on your arm increase and it can really be draining trying to go faster or holding the speed of rotation up for any length of time....thats the challenge. go as fast as you can for as long as you can
    Cheers. Ive had a look at some of the videos and it looks a bit weird but im sure its good fun.

ReputationRep:
    Here are a few, i was thinking about getting one for xmas aswell.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=s...&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know the cheapest place for one of these?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.