Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    does anyone know the cheapest place for one of these?
    http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page...39&g=539&pa=sr

Thats pretty cheap.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, cheers fella, i ordered one from play a few mins after i posted!

ReputationRep:
    can i Watch sky sports online?

ReputationRep:
    I believe sky will be bringing in this service very soon if they havent already done so. I expect it will cost though. If you want to watch premiership football matches online there are ways...

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to go for a fishing license and was wondering if anyone else on here (crazy thought, but worth a shot) does any fishing?

If so post away, because I don't see why not, and haven't seen any other fishing threads on here - at least not lately

Have caught a Redfin in the past, lol that's about the extent of my effort

ReputationRep:
    used to do a lot more than I do now but I still occasionally enjoy going carp fishing here. Also try to get out on a boat when i'm away somewhere- last summer went shark fishing in the atlantic and a few years ago ended up going out in the gulf of mexico where I caught a 100lb stingray.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ynox)
    used to do a lot more than I do now but I still occasionally enjoy going carp fishing here. Also try to get out on a boat when i'm away somewhere- last summer went shark fishing in the atlantic and a few years ago ended up going out in the gulf of mexico where I caught a 100lb stingray.
    Wow :eek: That's certainly impressive

Have you entered any fishing comps up there?

J/C.

ReputationRep:
    nah, not entered any competitions- mainly because I don't really have time any more (usually only get out fishing a couple of times a year now) with uni work etc.

Hi guys!

We have set up a "streetfighting club" with about 20 members so far.

We basically match people of similar height, skill, experience, weight and build (unless the fighter(s) specifies otherwise), to have a physical streetfight with each other. You are allowed to use any martial arts you know. If you have no martial arts experience, that is also OK.

No hits to the head are allowed and protective headgear is provided

For further information or to join free, email [email protected].

Some of us meet up every weekend (usually Saturdays) in various parts of London

ReputationRep:
    Cool just like the film

ReputationRep:
    Have you a basement?

Pitch-darkness, needless to say, will be of vital importance.

ReputationRep:
    OOOO

This sounds intersting

How long before a few ASBO's are handed out...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ynox)
    nah, not entered any competitions- mainly because I don't really have time any more (usually only get out fishing a couple of times a year now) with uni work etc.
    Hay that's still good! Great to see you get out there and give it a go, I wish more of my friends liked fishing

ReputationRep:
    Someone can just grab ur hand push on neurotic point and you will surrender.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know about your school, but our PE department gets about 4-5 tickets for all the 6 Nations games involving England

ReputationRep:
    As some of you Hingis fans out there will know, she's unretired! (Woo)

But the question is, will she still be able to compete at the top?
    The game has progressed so much in the short time she's been gone!
    She's such a silky smart player, but will she be able to compete with today's power in the women's game? I, for one, sure hope so...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think she will - she retired because she was being beaten by the Williams' and other more powerful players than her - and she was in her prime then. Its going to take her a while to get back to her prime and even then she is unlikely to be able to find that much extra oomph to be able to contend. I know her placement is superb but I think she will just be walloped off the court atm!
    Surely you prefer sharapova?

ReputationRep:
    So what are some fishing adventures/funny stories about fishing that TSR members have got to share? :cool:

I went fishing up in Newcastle, NSW a few years ago and... caught a turtle :eek: I put it back of course

ReputationRep:
    a went fishing once, but brought my rod from a crappy toy store, only cost about £3. Anyway, the rod snapped whilst trying to reel in the fish

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the big forehead, she's quite good looking I reckon.

I'm not sure whether she'll manage to win trophies or what not but I think she'll do decently, she's had enough to work on her game and build some more muscle.

Might take a while for her to have a good run though. And I've just found this article from The Telegraph where she even mentions that she's concerned about her ability to deal with the power of her opponents:
    http://www.sport.telegraph.co.uk/spo...1/ixsport.html

Will be interesting seeing her back anyway, and she deserves a second bite at the cherry really.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.