Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileymedic)
    Surely you prefer sharapova?
    Toughie that!! :p:
    Both are cool as.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewAledJames)
    a went fishing once, but brought my rod from a crappy toy store, only cost about £3. Anyway, the rod snapped whilst trying to reel in the fish
    Aww, these things happen :hugs: At least you didn't catch an organism from a completely different genus to the one you were intending :p:

ReputationRep:
    I went fishing with my brother in law, he caught a rod and line with a carp on the end of it, he had to land the other rod and then reel the fish in on it. very bizarre, and he got about £50 worth of free kit

ReputationRep:
    Im not a bloke but i seriously can't see how they can possibly be comparable!!
    Its like comparing david dickinson and david beckham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileymedic)
    I don't think she will - she retired because she was being beaten by the Williams' and other more powerful players than her - and she was in her prime then. Its going to take her a while to get back to her prime and even then she is unlikely to be able to find that much extra oomph to be able to contend. I know her placement is superb but I think she will just be walloped off the court atm!
    Surely you prefer sharapova?
    she didn't retire because she was being beaten by more powerful player, she retired with injuries. you may call that naive, but you could hardly call Marlene Weingartner a power player, who earlier this year she lost to on her last attempt to come out of retirement. it wasn't time, but hopefully we will see an improvement. she said last time that she was embarrassed by her performance and not being fit enough so i doubt she would consider playing again unless she was more sure of her game. oooh so exciting, let's hope she can prove her critics wrong, but i won't be entirely convinced until i see her first result! glad she has a wildcard for AussiOpen too.

ReputationRep:
    She plays M. Vento-Kabchi tonight and im hoping she will come through it comfortably. She was my favourite female player along with Kournikova back then and I admired the way she played. She couldnt match the others for power but she was by far the most talented at the time and of all time imo. I'm really not sure how she will perform but I cant see her reaching the same heights again, which is a shame.

ReputationRep:
    The second best sport in the world (football is first, of course). Real Talk. Any players or supporters here?

ReputationRep:
    I dont have sky sports anymore so cant watch it so much
    which is was more popular in the UK though..

ReputationRep:
    Is it on tv anywhere?

ReputationRep:
    Or u cud look on ebay.

Is it worth getting the neon balls, or are they just a gimmick - what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    i bought mine direct from the makers i think. if i recall i found some promotion or discount code online that got money off making it cheap

ReputationRep:
    Netball, basketball, badminton, tennis, table-tennis, kick-boxing, karate, rowing, surfing, climbing, walking/hiking, rugby, football, hockey, frisbeeing, diving, boxing, self-defence, tai-chi, cricket, cycling, swimming, sum kind of fitness class like aerobics or yoga, jogging. Lol dats all i can fink of!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheeky-monkeyz)
    Netball, basketball, badminton, tennis, table-tennis, kick-boxing, karate, rowing, surfing, climbing, walking/hiking, rugby, football, hockey, frisbeeing, diving, boxing, self-defence, tai-chi, cricket, cycling, swimming, sum kind of fitness class like aerobics or yoga, jogging. Lol dats all i can fink of!
    yea...but dont you think that you are just concentrating on those sports you are best at?

ReputationRep:
    I got a neon one and its cool - obviously i haven't tried a "normal" one, but it seems very effective, so cant think why there would be the loss of performance...its only powered by 4 LEDs, so its hardly a massive drain.

go for it though - one of those gadgety things that is actually worth buying...

Say that its overpowering u, how the hell wud u stop it!?

ReputationRep:
    the thing about gyroscopes is that it only creates opposing pressure, so it its getting too much, loosen your grip a little and it will calm down...the same will happen if you held it in you palm without gripping your fingers - you feel very little force.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Is it on tv anywhere?
    It wasnt but she won 6-2 6-1 . There is some live tennis coverage of the Doha event today at 12:30 for anyone who has eurosport. I think/hope that they will be showing Henman vs Gasquet at 2:30 which should be a good match to start the year but a very tough one for Tim.

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth getting the neon balls, or are they just a gimmick - what do you think?
    First of all you get more friction, so it’s harder to achieve higher speeds. (Only about 2-4% though)
    Also eventually LEDs will burn out and you will have to replace them.
    I think that by having extra stuff in a gadget there is a bigger chance of something malfunctioning or going wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Marathon Running. Erm... Try American Football too.

ReputationRep:
    oooh made up she got through it comfortably! i thought that the press releases would have said she had dramatically changed her service action for the better, but apparently not! nevermind! glad she is back!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.