Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I tried to watch a game once... But could not understand the damn rules!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileymedic)
    I don't think she will - she retired because she was being beaten by the Williams' and other more powerful players than her - and she was in her prime then. Its going to take her a while to get back to her prime and even then she is unlikely to be able to find that much extra oomph to be able to contend. I know her placement is superb but I think she will just be walloped off the court atm!
    Surely you prefer sharapova?
    No she retired becuz of injuries! She will be good again trust me! I mean look at Kim Clisjters (spelling?) she started last yr outside the top 100 becuz she had been out with her wrist injury and now she is in the top 10 hello! Hingis is back and will be a power to be wreaked with!

ReputationRep:
    I think Hingis' return will be a bit more comparable with Jennifer Capriati's comeback. Capriati managed to reach further heights (hard for Hingis, who's won a lot already), but it'll be interesting to see how Hingis does anyway. Especially at the Australian Open, where she was quite imperious in the past.

ReputationRep:
    i have a pony as well- appoloosa...cannot spell.... 14.3h ovely temperment. i dont own him, i just share. not enuff time to own!

ReputationRep:
    I ride! I havent riden properly for about 12 months, but iv got a lesson in the morining to get back into it, gonna start up lessons properly then get my own when i move up to our other campus in 3rd year.

ReputationRep:
    American football is a great sport to watch - once you get into it its fantastically entertaining

ReputationRep:
    Murray won his first match of the year last night against Lorenzi 3-6 6-0 6-2. Murray, like Henman in some ways, never seems to have straight-forward wins often going to 3 sets but a promising result none the less. He plays Berdych in the next round who he beat at the back end of last year.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon the match against Berdych might be a toughie as he's a good player. Would be good if he gets through it. Iffy start from Murray but as he said, it's the win that matters.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I read in the paper yesterday that Murray is aiming for the top 20 this year. Will he do it? Will he do better than that, like he did last year (in aiming for the top 100 and reaching the top 70)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger Kirk)
    I read in the paper yesterday that Murray is aiming for the top 20 this year. Will he do it? Will he do better than that, like he did last year (in aiming for the top 100 and reaching the top 70)?
    A lot of it might depend on how he does before STella Artois... I don't think he has many points to defend before then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger Kirk)
    Without injury he will be in the top 50 at worst before the start of Queens since at this stage last year he won hardly any points before bursting onto the scene. It will be interesting to see if he has improved his fitness over the break but personally top 20 is highly probable imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reggie_boy)
    I went fishing with my brother in law, he caught a rod and line with a carp on the end of it, he had to land the other rod and then reel the fish in on it. very bizarre, and he got about £50 worth of free kit
    What, so he won that from some competition or is that the amount of fish (money-wise) that he caught :confused:

(Original post by danni_bella83)
    What, so he won that from some competition or is that the amount of fish (money-wise) that he caught :confused:
    Nah, sounds like he caught some fishing gear that was in the water... and at the end of that fishing gear in the water was a fish... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Nah, sounds like he caught some fishing gear that was in the water... and at the end of that fishing gear in the water was a fish... :cool:
    Haha :p: Ta if that was it, I was a bit confused - can be a bit slow with these things in real life, so put me in a computer environment (even worse) communicating with you poms, well! Totally different story altogether

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    well she has won again, very pleasing to see and she is playing doubles with golovin! a lovely combination. the young, raw talent of golovin with the over-riding experience of hingis. she obviously feels very good physically at the moment otherwise she wouldn't be playing in both events.

ReputationRep:
    She destroyed Koukalova, world number 35. =)
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    It's nice to see people make comebacks. I hope she does well, she was always one of my favourite players

ReputationRep:
    hingis was world number one in her time, that shows she has the mentality and the determination to do it again, if not break into the world top 10, she is only 25, navratilova is twice that!

ReputationRep:
    I thought a football thread would be about football (Rugby), not soccer .

Any keen Rugby players / supporters here?

(I once played Rugby at Salford University as a guest ,
    and got a hammering :mad: )

ReputationRep:
    could be worse - you could have thought it was about football (american football) not soccer.rugby threads are kinda in the main sports forum.. and since when was real rugby played with 15 players anyway?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.