Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going fishing this weekend!!

Anyway, I had to tell someone, most of my friends in real life would just laugh.

Not such a good thing to bring up having lunch with the girls or at tomorrow's party, so I thought a rave in here would satisfy me for now :cool:

Nothing wrong with fishing... not something I would do though. Though I do like fish (when prepared in certain ways) :cool:

Yum.

ReputationRep:
    Rugby bores me, no thrill to it

ReputationRep:
    i dont like women's tennis personally. but considering the boring situation in men's tennis due to this guy called federer, women's tennis is more fun and less perdictable!!
    welcome back, hingis!

ReputationRep:
    andy murray is such a cute guy.
    =P
    he need to work on his fitness otherwise is really hard for him to bit higher rank players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    American football is a great sport to watch - once you get into it its fantastically entertaining
    Too stop-start for my liking. Rugby's better.

ReputationRep:
    Hingis thru to the Semis both in singles and doubles. =)

(Original post by girlscout)
    i dont like women's tennis personally. but considering the boring situation in men's tennis due to this guy called federer, women's tennis is more fun and less perdictable!!
    welcome back, hingis!
    Yea especially with Agassi out of the men's Aussie Open and Nadal and Safin doubts! =\ ...The only people that could possibly beat Fed.

ReputationRep:
    I get tickets through my dad's old club so I dont know where you will get tickets for face value now.

ReputationRep:
    My sister loves fishing, at the begining i used to go along to look after her and keep her company but after a while i was hooked too, its such great fun! Havn't been for a while, when the weather is a bit better i will go.

Good Luck and Tight Lines!

ReputationRep:
    He lost last night to Berdych 7-6 4-6 6-1 . To be honest I was expecting him to win even though Berdych is a great talent. Hewitt also lost so if he had one he could have quite easily won the tournament. The 6-1 scoreline is a bit worrying in the final set though and I hope that wasnt down to fitness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlscout)
    welcome back, hingis!
    Watching Federer is far from boring. Whilst there is no one challenging I enjoy him crushing oppenents.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think she meant Federer was boring, more so the fact that he's almost definately going to win every time he steps onto the court isn't quite as exciting prospect as more open matches.

Hingis isn't doing half bad for her first tournament back, I think the real test will be the Aussie Open though.

ReputationRep:
    rugby is much better, yea - but once you start to appreciate the tactican gnauss of the game, american football can still be great. and...yea - stop start means you can go fetch beer/snacks or piss.

ReputationRep:
    Hingis lost and has pulled out of her doubles match through injury. Won the 1st set comfortably against Pennetta who is a decent player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skd180)
    I don't think she meant Federer was boring, more so the fact that he's almost definately going to win every time he steps onto the court isn't quite as exciting prospect as more open matches.
    exactly
    federer is the master in this game.
    but sports is fun when it's less perdictable and also being an andy roddick fan it's just heart breaking for me to watch him lose to federer everytime they played,esp.at wimbledon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyboy123)
    Regular Feild Hockey.
    Pah field hockey!, its not hockey without ice lol

ReputationRep:
    i take up the basketball in the first session and kongfu after that.
    i love the basketball,though i'm not tall.(maybe you can say i'm petite,compared with most people in uk)
    and kongfu is great for self-defence,strength,when i leave home.

ReputationRep:
    try rowing. its non impact, yet its one of the most metabolically demanding things you can do, so you get fit very quickly. plus, once you've started, you get good very quickly

ReputationRep:
    yeah,i love the basketball.i played it since i was 13 years old.
    there was a cartoon about basketball writen by japanese.it's impressive me .
    now i watch it again and again at spare time .
    of course ,i often play basketball even i'm not tall.

ReputationRep:
    i often do yoga at home,it's cold outside at this time.
    and i also keep doing morning exercise in order to keep fit.(at home)
    it's a hard decision in winter to do exercise in morning.(i often sleep in bed until 11 am in winter) but if you get used to it ,it's enjoyable.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.