Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    Oh no, that sucks. How long is box rest?
    Currently four days, on anti-biotics. The vet's coming back tomorrow to check his various injuries, so he could shorted or lengthen it. He's not been in a stable for that long since we bought him, so it could be interesting! He's currently driving everyone round the bend by kicking the dooor a lot...(I think he needs to read 'How to win friends and influence people'...)

ReputationRep:
    For some reason, I just don't think or am hoping that he's not guilty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    England to win narrowly with a draw or two - I mean look at the bloody weather today. :rolleyes:
    And i thought you were knowledgeable about cricket :rolleyes: Aussies will not lose a test match unless they are winning by 2/3 then they'll relax, like they did down under.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Maybe cus there are so many grass courts in Britain and its the least skillful surface, or maybe its in the gene pool, lol i dunno.
    ya but Britain should do something about it i mean Henman is the Best Britain player n who dont stand any chanceof winning any major tournament.
    If a russian player can start playing tennis in US im talking abt Maria n be a top class player one day why not a Britan.
    anywayz i have Roddick to support n ofcourse gorgeous Maria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feelthesunshine)
    and the Federer express, who really thinks he will win again?
    Who was the last person to win three in a row?
    Sampras

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    And i thought you were knowledgeable about cricket :rolleyes: Aussies will not lose a test match unless they are winning by 2/3 then they'll relax, like they did down under.
    They're not superhuman or anything... I mean they did just lose to Somerset. I know that when it comes to the test matches things will be different. I do think England are in with a shot and it's where my money's going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    Yeah i agree...i think Henman will have the first stinker he's had at Wimbledon for a good few years....1st to 3rd round exit...don't have much confidence in him this year compared to last....very unsure to be honest, it seems to be getting to the initial stages of retirement for tim, it feels like it, you know, its winding down, some are coming up, Murray perhaps, to relieve Henman of some of the pressure...changing of the guard is in the initial stages, will be in full flow within 18 months, all credit to Tim - he's had a successful career in relative terms, maybe one or two more nice titles to win before the finishing line?!
    Successful career without a single grandslam? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I can see Roddick or Federer winning, but outsiders could include Nadal, Kalovich (sp), maybe Safin although he doesnt really like grass and Agassi if he wasnt injured.

ReputationRep:
    I'm shocked anyone can be so sceptical about our CL win. After Gerrard's goal v Olympiacos, Drawing leverkusen then Juve and finally beating Chelsea - it was FATE/DESTINY

(Original post by kpg)
    I'm shocked anyone can be so sceptical about our CL win. After Gerrard's goal v Olympiacos, Drawing leverkusen then Juve and finally beating Chelsea - it was FATE/DESTINY
    (Your forgetting the beating AC Milan part)

'twas Jamie C I tells yer!

ReputationRep:
    Milan played no part in fate though

Gerrard scoring the winner against olympiacos after his earlier comments
    Beating leverkusen after 2002
    Drawing juve for the first time since heysel, 20 years on
    Finally beating chelsea and with a dodgy goal too

THAT was fate.

(Original post by kpg)
    Milan played no part in fate though

Gerrard scoring the winner against olympiacos after his earlier comments
    Beating leverkusen after 2002
    Drawing juve for the first time since heysel, 20 years on
    Finally beating chelsea and with a dodgy goal too

THAT was fate.
    Then coming from 3-0 down, to winning on penalties in the final. If that isn't fate, what is? :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endeavour)
    England 4-0

(rain in Manchester :mad: )
    It always rains in Manchester

ReputationRep:
    there was a race a few days beforehand in which he slowed down, easing off, towards the end, and still got something like 9.85 - he said that if he hadn't had done that, he'd have got a wr then, something like 9.76 or even lower.

in the world record race, he said his technique wasnt even that good; his coach was mad at him because he was tensing up towards the end. i reckon we could easily see another world record this season from him.

ReputationRep:
    20-20 Great game. Great for TV, great for new fans, great entertainment. Its what clubs up and down the country play at junior level. There is even a competition in my league for the senior teams now in fact we played the day before England/Australia and got thrashed (despite making 20 runs more than the Aussies).

But now the competition starts. England v Bangladesh, their strongest form of the game. Should be a walkover, should be an England Australia final but remember how awful England played last year in this same tournament...

ReputationRep:
    The important thing is that he it wasn't even on the field of play where there appears to be a shield from criminal prosecution. He took cocaine in his own time, he was tested and found to have it in his body and it was plastered all over the papers and nobody took any legal action against him. He should be doing time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    They're not superhuman or anything... I mean they did just lose to Somerset. I know that when it comes to the test matches things will be different. I do think England are in with a shot and it's where my money's going.
    Well thats a minus on your bank balance Maybe their not superhuman, but there are only a few teams who have the ability to compete with them and potentially win and imo England aint one of them. They are just out of practise and warming up, plus the reason they lost to Somerset is cos of their 2 international players, Graham Smith (SA Captain) and Jayasuria(sp), which doesnt make them an ordinary county team.

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably wrong on this, but can you actualy be charged for having a drug in your blood stream ? It's not something I've ever needed to know :p: But I would of thought they'd need catch you in posession of the drug rather than just having it in your system to charge you ? Unless of course you commited another offence like driving under the influence.

ReputationRep:
    Inter have also won the Italian cup 3-0 again Roma :eek:
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    lol. Try putting a bit of carpet on the door. That way you won't hear him kicking and he won't injure himself. Does he have anything he can play with in his stable? Try a haynet with smaller holes so it takes longer for him to eat.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.