Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think that its all down to how you're motivated. some people are better motivated by the fear of punishment i.e. if you dont do the ride in less than 30min you have to do x press-ups or something... whereas, others find it easier with rewards so each time i.e. if you do the ride in less than 30mins, you can take the next day off!

but you've gotta give yourself a goal to reach. bleep test is good!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everybody! Just wondered who out there plays/likes badmiton? Its so under-rated but its so fun!

ReputationRep:
    I am going to get assessed in Badminton for my Physical Education A Level!
    I'm not that good at it but there's no other sports I'm competent at, plus I really enjoy playing it and it's easy to get teh hang of!

I've been getting tips from my PE teacher and my mum, who used to play badminton at county level!

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is Tennis Season again! and yes us Brits (well a select few) are getting excited! Andy Murray isn't he great?? he will reach the last eight or perhaps the semi final of a grand slam??

FAT CHANCE! there is more chance of boris becker talking the hind dogs off a donkey!

--------------

(Original post by girlscout)
    andy murray is such a cute guy.
    =P
    he need to work on his fitness otherwise is really hard for him to bit higher rank players.
    But that hair is terrible it looks like it has all sorts growing in it! yes have long hare but at least buy a pair of straighters to make it look nice rather than make him look like some poor kid who cant afford anything!

--------------

(Original post by guilly)
    like the other guy said what makes Andy Murray so great?? sports based on results not saying "hes this or that".WINNING is what makes a player great.Whats Andy Murray won? Think uve been listening to the british media a bit too much. After all if you had no knowledge of tennis and switched on wimbledon while tim henman was playing, you could eaily mistake him for being the best player of his generation? And whats he won of any significance in his career? NOTHING.

Right now andy murray is a decent prospect but nothing more.he has potential for sure, but potential doesnt mean anything unless its used. if he was spanish or some other nationality you would never have heard of him.for every great player theres always 50 that "had potential" or "could have been"
    Yeah someone that realised what an overhyped player he is because he is british!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic_bex)
    try rowing. its non impact, yet its one of the most metabolically demanding things you can do, so you get fit very quickly. plus, once you've started, you get good very quickly
    yes, thats very true...hence why my longest stay in hospital was because of rowing...

ReputationRep:
    oh dear... what did you do?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's good fun, me and a mate did the doubles at the London Heathrow Youth Games in 2003 odd and got absolutely slaughtered though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic_bex)
    oh dear... what did you do?
    Cerebral aneurism...great fun - 3 weeks in hospital, including christmas...

ReputationRep:
    from rowing? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    yep...which worried me a little because I was doing some high altitude climbing the summer before and was fine...(i believe the action was restrictive to my breathing, so that was the cause...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Nothing wrong with fishing... not something I would do though. Though I do like fish (when prepared in certain ways) :cool:

Yum.
    Seafood, mmm *drools* :cool:

ReputationRep:
    gutted bout hingis! let's hope she still plays her other wild card tournaments!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=satyricon]Wow! A thread on equestrians, who would've thought.

Over in my poor corner of the world, it seems like some sort of obscure activity, and people look at you a bit funny when you say what you do in your spare time.

Yes but what about Gail Greenough, world champ. The little french horse she rode.

I have kept up riding all through university because I decided to live at home. Its a double edged sword; you feel that you have lost out on a lot of wonderful opportunities when your attached to the horses (in my case)

Now I am wondering how when I leave uni and become a proper 'grown up' I am going to pay for horses and a mortgage :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    meh i play social badminton

mayby thats why i've not been improving for the last 3 years <_<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medicojo-jim)
    Hey everybody! Just wondered who out there plays/likes badmiton? Its so under-rated but its so fun!
    Hi!I love playing badminton! I haven't played for some time now bcos I've been very busy, the weather hasn't been that good to play outside and sometimes there's a lack of ppl to play it with. Badminton is brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    WRONG FORUM!
    Moving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old Green Man)
    Any keen Rugby players / supporters here?
    Do you mean rugby union or rugby league? I believe there are already official threads for both of these.
    Personally, I say rugby union all the way!! So much better than league!

ReputationRep:
    OOO

I haven't played in ages, but I love the speed of it
    Helps with my hand eye co-ordination and relfexes
    And its good for when I mess up my lower back and / or hammy - you can still play without moving much around the court

ReputationRep:
    better than tennis this is, but table tennis is better than this

ReputationRep:
    I havent played badminton for 2 years now, used to be pretty good, played for the U19 team at school when I was 13/14. Gets boring after too much palying though, football and tennis are better. Having said that I might pick it up again when I get to uni. The good thing about badminton is that i comes more naturally than sports like tennis, you can get good at badminton without coaching.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.