Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heart says England head says France

ReputationRep:
    I personally think it will be a close call...if England had got their kicking sorted they would have easily beaten france, and they were unlucky with ireland...
    wales was a fair result, so considering how much better they played e.g. against the all blacks, then we should be in with a very good chance, I think.

ReputationRep:
    1. France 2. England 3. Ireland 4. Wales 5. Scotland 6. Italy

Ireland/Wales will be close for 3rd place but Wales' injury worries seem to be stacking up and they will miss Henson for the simple reason they have no other decent 12. If Ireland get their game together they could beat Wales in Dublin, even without BOD. France and England will dominate though.

ReputationRep:
    the ireland/wales thing is though is that even with easterby (who is finally playing the role he should!), the pack isn't much to be confident in...

ReputationRep:
    Easterby probably will start, although personally I don't think he should, had a great Lions tour but wasn't great in the Autumn Internationals. Back row is the only area where we have a wealth of options and my first choice would be 6. David Wallace, 7. Johnny O' Connor and 8. Jamie Heaslip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colly)
    Easterby probably will start, although personally I don't think he should, had a great Lions tour but wasn't great in the Autumn Internationals. Back row is the only area where we have a wealth of options and my first choice would be 6. David Wallace, 7. Johnny O' Connor and 8. Jamie Heaslip
    6- Easterby(simply can't think of anyone better)
    7-JOC
    8-Wallace

But the fact of the matter is that eddie o'sullivan will not pick wally.

1 France
    2 Wales
    3 Ireland
    4 England
    5 Scotland
    6 Italy

Obviously i want ireland to win but just ain't gonna happen.

ReputationRep:
    erm...you are aware that England only lost to NZ by 4 points in the autumn series whereas they spanked both wales and ireland by just under 40 points? you're gonna be in for a huuuuge shock.

ReputationRep:
    France = best.

Allez les bleus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    France = best.
    Agreed, France are most certainly the team to beat. England have a very strong pack (esp if they pick Dallaglio and Worsley) but just haven't clicked in the backs-Robinson has no idea whatsoever what his best midfield is which doesn't bode well. England will win the Triple Crown I think though, France to do the Grand Slam.

ReputationRep:
    I think thats a good prediction myself...if we can get out back sorted (I'm personally very happy with barkley/noon - tindall isn't as hot as he used to be, but if he could get his passing sorted out he should slot in there at 12...and noon is just a beast!) and then the trio of lewsey/cueto/cohen as the back 3 would be good...

I'm not too sure about the sanderson/worsley thing...aslong as dallaglio and moody are in the team i'm happy though.

ReputationRep:
    It'll be interesting to see how Abbott and Lewsey play for Wasps against Toulouse at the weekend. Personally I think they could be England's best centre partnership but it seems that Robinson doesn't like them as much because Wasps use a blitz defence whereas England drift. It can be hard to switch between the systems easily. It doesn't affect Lewsey if he's in the back three but it's really important in the centre.

ReputationRep:
    hmm...the thing is...lewsey is an amazing full back - i cant think of someone i would rather have there. in comparison, van gisbergen is a brilliant kicked and a good player, but it just seems like he's stuck there because they couldn't find anywhere else for him...

ReputationRep:
    ^Oooh yeah i've done that. You should try getting a tennis ball at your leg!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    erm...you are aware that England only lost to NZ by 4 points in the autumn series whereas they spanked both wales and ireland by just under 40 points? you're gonna be in for a huuuuge shock.
    I am indeed aware although i was at ireland v australia at the time so forgive me if i didn't watch it.
    Im just showing a little optimism here.

ReputationRep:
    France will win Michalak (if thats how you spell) it is amazing

ReputationRep:
    France
    England
    Wales
    Ireland
    Scotland
    Italy

ReputationRep:
    try a softball thats just come off a bat which made a nice "PING!" sound...

>.<

ReputationRep:
    I would point my finger and make a funny noise...

But I am not that young

Is there a set standard to what you can call a "sport" ?

ReputationRep:
    To the OP - are you going to watch it at Lakeside at the moment? I'm from Frimley Green! I used to go and watch every year, but i can't now because i'm at uni. The atmosphere is great there. xx

ReputationRep:
    Yo, anyone know what channel india versus pakistan wil be shown on in the UK?

thanks

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.