The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8280
I suggest you go down to the coast and try out surfing. It's a real rush, but it'll keep you fit too. If your a bit worried about learning, there are loads of places on the coast where you can go to take lessons with qualified instructors. Its great fun. Try it.
I think PDC is a lot more interesting than BDO. Firstly because I find the Sky presentation to be a lot more exciting that the BBCs (mainly coz of that hyper Scottish Sky commentator).

Also the PDC has much greater personalities such as Wayne 'Hawaii 501' Mardle (An absolute legend) and of course the Power himself :smile:
roxy potter
I am indeed aware although i was at ireland v australia at the time so forgive me if i didn't watch it.
Im just showing a little optimism here.

optimism is fine...but england convincingly beat australia, wales just beat them and ireland lost too them - perhaps that would be a better way of defining the order if that is the case.
I would say swimming is always good, your body relaxes nicely n afterwars u feel much better, or try going with a friend to spinning lessons! It's really cool and it's good for your cardiac...
Reply 8284
Will be a tough call

i think india will nudge it as long as ganguly dont play! :cool:
Reply 8285
Pakistani fan here! Pakistan has got a much balanced team, however i have to accept the fact that they are highly unreliable. Best Of Luck ! lets see who wins this one.
Reply 8286
Pakistan all the way!
Reply 8287
I have rode since I was 10/11 (I was quite good, I did Showjumping and Cross Country now and then and little mini shows, loved it) but I stopped 2 years ago and I'm having my first lesson in 2ish years tomorrow and I'm gonna stick at it too :biggrin: I am so happy.

I had a loan-Pony called Mary. She was a Bay and I'm not entirely sure on her breed - she was a X, and had a very Thoroughbred look to her - long limbs, long nose. But she was quite small. Hmm. :biggrin: well she was beautiful and a real green little thing at first - but we tamed her down a bit. She was really 'touchy' about having her back legs touched but eventually we trained/taught her to pick up her feet etc. She was great, but she wasn't broken in properly and it was costing us too much to keep, seeing as I wasn't getting anything out of her - riding wise. Broek my heart when we gave her up - really had a connection with her - it's the reason why I stopped riding - it hurt too much :frown:

Anyhoo's, I can't wait to get back in the saddle - hope I haven't lost my "talent" :tongue:
Wish me luck peeps - I will write how it goes tomorrow.
Have been showjumping since I was about 10ish. Stopped about a year and half ago when I moved to London from Portugal. Anyone know a good club/stables/whatever I could join with showjumping lessons, etc?
Reply 8289
fonzievision
Have been showjumping since I was about 10ish. Stopped about a year and half ago when I moved to London from Portugal. Anyone know a good club/stables/whatever I could join with showjumping lessons, etc?

Try doing a Google Search on yards/schools in and around London. Might bring you up some good results.
Reply 8290
Second best? Are you nuts?

Basketball is the best sport ever, anywhere. Period.

I've been playing it for nearly 9 years now, started at the age of 9.

Far more entertaining, more of a game than football ever will be.

Yes I'm slightly bias because basketball has been pretty much my life for 9 years... But there's a reason why I'm so obsessed...

Because basketball owns!
Reply 8291
Best way to build strength in your legs, is to build a solid strength base by hitting the weights in the gym!

Building a good strength base (by doing weighted squats etc) will, as its called, give you a good base.

But dont forget to work out all muscles or you'll get imbalances! And they're not good...

After you build a strong base, begin working with intense plyometric exercises!!!

Takes time, but worth it in the end, best way to jump higher, run faster, just generally build strength :wink:
Reply 8292
Well Australian Open draw has been made and some interesting matchups possible. Namely Hewitt vs Murray in 2nd round. Tim Henman vs Dimitry Tursonov in Wimbledon rematch. Federer has got pretty easy draw with possible matchups with gasquet in 4th round and hewitt in semis.
Reply 8293
Both evenly matched teams except India stronger in spin and Pakistan stronger in pace attack. As Pakistan are at home and pacy tracks more likely Pakistan are favourites unless India find reliable 2nd pace bowler alongside pathan like they did with balaji the last time.
hindustan, zindabad!
Reply 8295
asianangel86
hindustan, zindabad!

INDIA ZINDABAD!!!!
Reply 8296
uhh, pakistan have the edge and all indians, deep down know it.
Reply 8297
alkaeda
uhh, pakistan have the edge and all indians, deep down know it.

Why exactly do you have the edge?
Reply 8298
because we dont have Ganguly. Thank god too.
Reply 8299
Do Not Underestimate The Prince Of Calcutta U Paks

Latest