Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeH)
    I'm probably wrong on this, but can you actualy be charged for having a drug in your blood stream ? It's not something I've ever needed to know :p: But I would of thought they'd need catch you in posession of the drug rather than just having it in your system to charge you ? Unless of course you commited another offence like driving under the influence.
    The fact it is in his system proves that he must have got it into his system somehow and that's by taking it which is ILLEGAL. Since ordinary members of the public aren't normally drug tested, this kind of thing isn't common but if a police officer were to drug test you now and you were found to have cocaine in your body, you'd be arrested and charged most likely...

ReputationRep:
    Which is why Robin van Persie and Wayne Rooney should be locked up. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You've lost me i'm afraid NDG...

ReputationRep:
    They've both committed crimes that me or you could have done in the streets and get done for but do they because it's on the football pitch? Unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snmichaels)
    Damn I'm so behind... WHO?
    Damn. You are so behind.

Allen Iverson rules them all now.

ReputationRep:
    1. What did Robin van Persie actually do? He's been accused of rape and he's in jail at the moment.
    2. Mutu's drugtaking wasn't on the football pitch because I don't recall him doing a Robbie Fowler :rolleyes: but was after a training session and so, immediately after the police should have been called by the FA or Chelsea FC or the police should have arrested him once it got splashed all over the papers.

ReputationRep:
    i think it only matters if its intent to supply or caught in possession, it could have got into his blood stream through numerous other ways than through a 20 quid note

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janealams)
    Successful career without a single grandslam? :rolleyes:
    hence the comment "successful in relative terms....." RELATIVE!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I had a QH mare on box rest once so I know how it feels

ReputationRep:
    out of curiosity how much are wimbledon tickets through the box office?

(Original post by oblivious)
    out of curiosity how much are wimbledon tickets through the box office?
    A lot. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Then it'll be up to his defence and his lawyers to prove that he didn't deliberately uptake that illegal substance but it didn't even get to the courts! How else do you get such a high proportion of cocaine into your body accidently that it shows up on a random drug test... ?

ReputationRep:
    Of the teams capable of beating Australia, England head the list ahead of maybe India and South Africa. Not saying they WILL beat them but England are rightly 2nd best in the world right now on merit. But Australia havent been at the top for several years by panicking after defeats in warm up games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)
    1. What did Robin van Persie actually do? He's been accused of rape and he's in jail at the moment.
    He's had his foul moments which have warranted him red cards in the past for violent conduct. If you wish we can have these footballers interrogated by police. Why should the Rule of Law not apply on a sporting field?

ReputationRep:
    Whats this with picking on Manchester for the rain? Does it not rain anywhere else?

And I'm not going to make a prediction, I'm just going to sit back, watch and enjoy, (except for the Lords test because I'll be in Cuba)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    lol. Try putting a bit of carpet on the door. That way you won't hear him kicking and he won't injure himself. Does he have anything he can play with in his stable? Try a haynet with smaller holes so it takes longer for him to eat.
    He doesn't have anything to play with, but I'll se if I can purloin something off one of my friends...he actually doesn't have a net, our horses have haylage and it's fed off the floor. He's in quite a good stable though, it's next to the office and he's quite enjoying watching the world go by him. I'm going to take him for a walk this evening as well. Hopefully he'll behave himself...

ReputationRep:
    Prediction: Victory for England after that beautiful Twent20 performance.
    Real Outcome: Yet another loss. Tragic.

ReputationRep:
    Because it wouldn't be in the public interest I would see. On a sporting field, it is regarded that some violence will occur due to the nature of the game. If it can be sorted out by internally without taking it through the public costs then its all good. But if somebody takes a class A drug and is called up for it, just because he works for Chelsea FC, it doesn't mean he should be immune from prosecution - in fact, he should be made an example of.

ReputationRep:
    if hes guilty he gets 12 years + just been told judge is keeping him in jail for another 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    Pat Cash has been complaining about the seeding.. Hewitt is world No 2 yet is the 3rd seed, while Roddick is world No 4 but is the 2nd seed.

http://inhome.rediff.com/sports/2005/jun/16cash.htm

Does this mean Hewitt will be in Federer's side of the draw? What are your opinions on this?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.