Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    basketball rules check out t he bbl for local teams, may not be as high as nbl, but still basketball like watching and playing it

ReputationRep:
    :cool:

B-Ball is amazing, but I've grown up with football so it'll always be my number 1 sport.

ReputationRep:
    I think i prefer basketball because i can play it better than football
    but still very attached to watching my football, but would rather play basketball

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Ive never seen Klassen lose, Barney was missing doubles but still had the higher average, Barney always sweats.
    93=94 3 dart average pretty lame in comparison to PDC final.
    His average for the final was 106.74, averaging at least 103 in each set.
    His average for the whole tournament was a shade under 102, just off his record of over 102 for the whole tournament.
    I cant believe Taylor would have many less titles if he stayed with BDO.
    In the PDC Taylor won a round with the other player averaging about 98. A 98 average would be good enough to have a chance of winning BDO title most of the time. Apart from Raymond no-one in BDO would have a chance against Taylor. Even he got trashed when they went head to head.
    It would be good to see the new kid go to PDC to go up against the likes of Taylor, Lloyd and the new kid Lewis.

ReputationRep:
    I love watching both too - but I'm a better player at football and was in love with it first, so... b-ball will always be second to football.

ReputationRep:
    Argh!!

Basketball is always on top!!!

Someone back me up!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    RVD is FINALLY returning at the royal rumble
    Yeah i know, cant wait was wondering what was taking him so long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam-J-Jewell)
    Argh!!

Basketball is always on top!!!

Someone back me up!!
    I second that :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the 3 Dart averages for that BDO final were pathetic... Klaasen was only throwing at like 90s and Barneveld at 93... Taylor consistently goes at 100+ .... I mean even when Manley got swept 7-0 in the PDC final he was still throwing with a 3 dart average better than Klaasen. Although the BDO is still alright to watch, and for a 21 year old Klaasen looks like a good prospect - should get him into the PDC.

The PDC does have the better players, and definately the better atmosphere.. I was at the Final a few years back, Taylor vs Warriner in Blackpool - it was immense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murkery)
    Yeah the 3 Dart averages for that BDO final were pathetic... Klaasen was only throwing at like 90s and Barneveld at 93... Taylor consistently goes at 100+ .... I mean even when Manley got swept 7-0 in the PDC final he was still throwing with a 3 dart average better than Klaasen. Although the BDO is still alright to watch, and for a 21 year old Klaasen looks like a good prospect - should get him into the PDC.
    (Original post by evariste)
    93=94 3 dart average pretty lame in comparison to PDC final.
    His average for the final was 106.74, averaging at least 103 in each set.
    His average for the whole tournament was a shade under 102, just off his record of over 102 for the whole tournament.
    I cant believe Taylor would have many less titles if he stayed with BDO.
    In the PDC Taylor won a round with the other player averaging about 98. A 98 average would be good enough to have a chance of winning BDO title most of the time. Apart from Raymond no-one in BDO would have a chance against Taylor. Even he got trashed when they went head to head.
    It would be good to see the new kid go to PDC to go up against the likes of Taylor, Lloyd and the new kid Lewis.

Lets get something straight here. Taylor is by far the best darts player around. Noone touches him. After that its pretty even but id put Barney as 2nd best followed by Part.

I admit the 3 dart averages were quite poor but Manley's average was inflated by the fact that Taylor was throwing so well. Taylor gets to the doubles quicker and finishes it off before Manley wasted darts at doubles. I dont think it would be much above 90 if he was playing someone different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Lets get something straight here. Taylor is by far the best darts player around. Noone touches him. After that its pretty even but id put Barney as 2nd best followed by Part.

I admit the 3 dart averages were quite poor but Manley's average was inflated by the fact that Taylor was throwing so well. Taylor gets to the doubles quicker and finishes it off before Manley wasted darts at doubles. I dont think it would be much above 90 if he was playing someone different.
    Yeah fair point about Manley's average in the final, but even in Manley's semi final he was still averaging in the very high nineties, even in the 100s for a couple of sets.

I'd also say that Mardle, Manley, Part, Lloyd would beat Barneveld on current form, I dont think Barney is as good as he was 2 or 3 years ago. I reckon even Warriner could give Barneveld a good game when Wozza is on form. He was averaging low 90s and checking out well in his games this world championship... And lets be honest, Warriner is no where near as good as he used to be.

All the best players from those glory days before the split eg. Lowe, Bristow, Deller, Anderson, Harrington etc are now all affiliated with and compete in the PDC- I think that tells you as much as you need to know. The BDO is big in Holland - thats about it.

ReputationRep:
    Henman has just lost in the 1st round to Tursunov . 7-5 3-6 4-6 5-7.

ReputationRep:
    hell yeh! go sehwag! 247 from 240 balls, who knows, he might finally get a shot at brian lara's record if we get a full day tommorow, if not, hell of a good match.

ReputationRep:
    good match??
    u call that a good match?

that was the worst test in history...

1000 runs almost for the loss of 7 (and 5 to the bowlers)???

there was no balance between bat n ball in this test...hopefully next picth will have more pace

if a spinning track is made its gna be stupid cuz that wud be playin to india's strengths and so home advantage would be lost

hope no more picthes like this are ever seen again...cuz its absolute bs!

ReputationRep:
    Still its been an ok match in terms of Shewag showing em how its done...plus he did it in nearly a run a ball which is awesome! Hopefully they just bat all day and beat the record opening partnership.

ReputationRep:
    Bitterly disappointing. Woke up, saw him come back in the 1st, play poorly in the 2nd bottle it in the 3rd and then had to go to school for exams. Only to come home and find out he's been 5-1 up and lost the 4th. O Well, there's still Andy Murray to pin hopes on.

Interestingly Venus Williams, Carlos Moya and Taylor Dent all lost today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awaismisri_ksa)
    good match??
    u call that a good match?

that was the worst test in history...

1000 runs almost for the loss of 7 (and 5 to the bowlers)???

there was no balance between bat n ball in this test...hopefully next picth will have more pace

if a spinning track is made its gna be stupid cuz that wud be playin to india's strengths and so home advantage would be lost

hope no more picthes like this are ever seen again...cuz its absolute bs!
    oh come on.....are you telling me you havn't enjoyed seeing every batsman reach a half-century?

Would be interesting if it had time to end, but it wont get close obviously, so it isn't a good game really.

ReputationRep:
    sehwaggggggggggggggggggg

ReputationRep:
    socrates is right about ganguly.. hes PAST IT. why doenst john williams realise something so obvious

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.