Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well if boring draws are your thing then yes its been a good match.

I prefer results personally.

ReputationRep:
    Hia peoplezz! i want to ask, may be some people in Peterboro wants to start parkour? (free running)
    may be is some people already?
    please let me know
    THANKS TO ALL

ReputationRep:
    Terrible pitches! Have some consideration for the bowlers.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe he squandered that 4-0 then 5-1 lead in the fourth was it? I can't see Marray beating Chela either.

ReputationRep:
    Had to have one of my horses shot yesterday, he had a twisted gut from Colic I'd had him 6 years, although he was living with my stepcousin for the last 2, still saw him regularly.

Other than that I still have my two at home. Although BigPony will have to go in spring, I just do not have the time anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Murray has just lost aswell . Made soo many unforced errors but Chela played pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    Murray's started the season pretty badly. The first time he's lost in the 1st round for ages. I'm not exactly sure that he can handle it just now if he's already complaining of the pressure. I just hope that he starts playing well again otherwise he'll go downhill or not fulfill his potential or somthng.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Murray's started the season pretty badly. The first time he's lost in the 1st round for ages. I'm not exactly sure that he can handle it just now if he's already complaining of the pressure. I just hope that he starts playing well again otherwise he'll go downhill or not fulfill his potential or somthng.
    I disagree. I think Murray is handling himself excellently...hes going the right way about things, his honesty about the media - he's spot on with the things he's saying - he's playing tennis very well, and he's playing the media circus well too. Pity about the loss to Chela, but he's got a good career ahead of him and he's a lively personality too which is great - nice to have entertaining characters too. Of course, he probably still slightly immature at times - his comment "i played like a woman out there" - something along that line earlier this year...which received some boos from the audience, that was rather funny, what he meant he said later was there were plenty of breaks of serve in the match whoever he was playing against - akin to most womens matches.

Its probably no bad thing for Murray to have lost to Chela just now - things would be intense if he did reach past the 3rd round, that would set up media frenzy straight away in the year....something he may not like or want. Let him employ the underdog role - he seems to do well with this, allows him not to feel pressure and so forth - best thing for him is to shun media focus and frenzy.

ReputationRep:
    The media have already seen him play good tennis and acheive impressive things for his age (i.e. Wimbledon 3rd round). They will continue to mount pressure on him (rightly or wrongly) whenever there is a grand slam ... the fact that he lost in this year's first round and then had a go at the media is in my view a poor handling of pressure. He lost because he played badly, not because of the media, if he wants to have success (and I would call Tim Henman a relative success) then he should learn to deal with the media (which I thought he had done but in light of his comments today he obviously has not).

ReputationRep:
    Murray has to learn to deal with the media pressure as it will be inevitable. He should make sure that he doesn't let the pressure get to him as it will hang over him for many years I reckon as we have noone else just now.

ReputationRep:
    I am not dissing Murray, but he just isn't very good. If he was in america or australia, he wouldn't of been hyped up that much by the media. I think media pressue would adverse effect on him

Hes only 18 tho, and hes reach the 3rd round of a slam, nearly 4th round, but he choked, but its still good for his age

He needs to develop his power game, hes not very muscular for his age

Who does people think will win the australian open? My bet is federer as usual, dangerous players IMO are haas, roddick, nalbandian and maybe hewitt.

Isn't it boring how federer wins everything? he should give other players a chance!

ReputationRep:
    Rugby is football technically speaking. England Rugby Football Union. :rolleyes:

I play for SOAS - number 15.

ReputationRep:
    If he is a Wigan or Bolton fan, it could technically be considered rugby the way they play.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand.

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I don't understand.
    Bolton play like/are thugs. Nasty team, mithering manager. It's unfair to tarnish the good name of rugby with them, however.

ReputationRep:
    But how does Wigan come into it? And for a Blackburn fan to label Bolton as a bunch of thugs...

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    But how does Wigan come into it? And for a Blackburn fan to label Bolton as a bunch of thugs...
    No idea. I rather like Wigan personally. Greater than the sum of their parts, and play in the right style and spirit. Hopefully this'll start being reflected in their attendance figures more.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a bad result for murray, no one in the tennis world would have expected him to beat that argentine player anyway who has been there and done that so many times before. But he didn't play the australian open last year so would he pick up some ranking points from this at least?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    I disagree. I think Murray is handling himself excellently...hes going the right way about things, his honesty about the media - he's spot on with the things he's saying - he's playing tennis very well, and he's playing the media circus well too. Pity about the loss to Chela, but he's got a good career ahead of him and he's a lively personality too which is great - nice to have entertaining characters too. Of course, he probably still slightly immature at times - his comment "i played like a woman out there" - something along that line earlier this year...which received some boos from the audience, that was rather funny, what he meant he said later was there were plenty of breaks of serve in the match whoever he was playing against - akin to most womens matches.
    Great post, spot on. The media have been overhyping Henman for years and years and when he loses they jump on his back and slate him as one thing or another when the true of the matter is that he has never been good enough to win a grandslam without having a great deal of luck. Henman isnt the type of bloke though to come out and have a go at the media.
    Now the media attention is turning to Murray just because of a few good results. Suddenly the media expect him to be challenging for the grandslams and act surprised when he loses and jump on his back. Murray is well aware of how good he is at the moment which is at a much lower level than the media think and there is no better example of this than his comments during Wimbledon telling everyone not to get carried away.
    I think his comments to the media were very good infact. Simply pointing out to them that he isnt quite as good as they make out for the moment and he can play badly. Also that Chela is infact a tricky opponent who is ranked 20 places higher than him and he wasnt wholey unexpected to lose.

--------------

(Original post by stratomaster)
    It's not a bad result for murray, no one in the tennis world would have expected him to beat that argentine player anyway who has been there and done that so many times before. But he didn't play the australian open last year so would he pick up some ranking points from this at least?
    A few but not many. To be honest a lot of people in the tennis world thought he would win given Chela's awful form although Murray was only slight favourite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_Muck)
    Had to have one of my horses shot yesterday, he had a twisted gut from Colic I'd had him 6 years, although he was living with my stepcousin for the last 2, still saw him regularly.

Other than that I still have my two at home. Although BigPony will have to go in spring, I just do not have the time anymore.
    Aww I'm sorry to hear that
    It's nearly 4 years since my first horse had to be put down. It's not nice at all.
    I know what you mean about the time thing. I see my horses near enough 2 times a day everyday, he's one of my best mates (sad I know but all you horse owners will probably know what I mean)
    I'll hopefully be going to university in September and just the thought that I will probably have to sell/put him on loan is not a very nice thought at all!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.