Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
MNBStyle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
TLC match was very good tonight, shame i had to put up with Mr Cena on raw to thoe lol
P1mP
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by teenageclay)
10 each arm
fIRSTLY,YOU shouldn't really start training yet..because ur body is yet to fully develop..if u insist..only do compount movements..u will get better gains..for arms..u should do press ups, dips and pull ups..and use variation, ie wide/narrow press ups etc..once you do that for about a month or so, then you should hit the weights
PM me if you need any more info etc
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
is it true that if you work out at an early age, it stunts your growth?
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by 123Sub-Zero)
Sami is the most overrated cricketer i have ever seen. He gets smashed all the time, has an average of like six an over and a poor bowling economy. He has been playing for like 2/3 years and yet he remains the same. It seems a joke picking him all the time when they are more quality bowlers out there like Umar Gul and M. Asif. His inclusion in the team remains a mystery!!!
sadly, agreed
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by 123Sub-Zero)
Sami is the most overrated cricketer i have ever seen. He gets smashed all the time, has an average of like six an over and a poor bowling economy. He has been playing for like 2/3 years and yet he remains the same. It seems a joke picking him all the time when they are more quality bowlers out there like Umar Gul and M. Asif. His inclusion in the team remains a mystery!!!
I couldn't agree more. Umar Gul seems to be a very promising cricketer but has been plagued with a few injuries which have kept him out of the team from time to time, but I think that he will undoubtedly feature consistently within the Pakisatn side in the next couple of years.
RMIM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ba_ba1)
is it true that if you work out at an early age, it stunts your growth?
teenageclay how tall are you now? how tall do you think you will grow? (how tall are you mum and dad?)
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Basically I am pretty keen on both. The problem is that when I have been playing one of them for a stretch of time and then play the other I find it impossible. For example if I play squash for a few days running and then tennis, my forehands are ridiculous; can't get top spin and they invariably go out (not to mention I find myself trying to play "squashesque" shots). The transition is easier the other way round; my squash isn't too bad after long stretches of tennis, but still not ideal. Does anyone play both games quite seriously and is there any way of easing between them without the strokeplay of each affecting the other. I think it's partly mental - imagining the shots of each game works a bit, but it's certainly not fool-proof. Does anyone else know what I mean/have any tips?
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
Basically I am pretty keen on both. The problem is that when I have been playing one of them for a stretch of time and then play the other I find it impossible. For example if I play squash for a few days running and then tennis, my forehands are ridiculous; can't get top spin and they invariably go out (not to mention I find myself trying to play "squashesque" shots). The transition is easier the other way round; my squash isn't too bad after long stretches of tennis, but still not ideal. Does anyone play both games quite seriously and is there any way of easing between them without the strokeplay of each affecting the other. I think it's partly mental - imagining the shots of each game works a bit, but it's certainly not fool-proof. Does anyone else know what I mean/have any tips?
Used to play them both at the same time and never really had any trouble although I did tend to put a bit of spin on in squash. Never really played squash enough for them to effect each other and only play tennis now but I know what you mean.
ocelotrevs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't think it was the same day, but the week or something. But I guess that rallying isn't as big as football. Plus Richard Burns wasn't gossip fodder.
RIP Burnsie.
johnsonimrodgd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wear waistcoats and bowties? Why not just t-shirt and jeans? Where did this tradition originate?
beecher
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Have you ever noticed that snooker players have super huge dimples in their chins?
Leigh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I guess it was originally a gentleman's game, so it was a sign of class to dress smart when they played, now it's a rule as tradition. It's appropriate I guess;
Tennis players don't just wear whatever they want, there's a dress code, as with most sports. While in tennis they wear plain white shorts and tshirts; they're running around, snooker players are having a civilised upper class game of snooker inside, so dress accordingly!
dragongirl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I started SNB just last year, but I can tell u, its very quick to learn, much faster then learning skiing...Well it took me bout 2 days to learn, which were ofcourse full of bruises and falls, but I'm proud of myself that I learnt it all by myself,didn't have any instructor..
johnsonimrodgd
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by KingLeigh)
I guess it was originally a gentleman's game, so it was a sign of class to dress smart when they played, now it's a rule as tradition. It's appropriate I guess;
Tennis players don't just wear whatever they want, there's a dress code, as with most sports. While in tennis they wear plain white shorts and tshirts; they're running around, snooker players are having a civilised upper class game of snooker inside, so dress accordingly!
I don't think there is a dress code for tennis. I know that Wimbledon is strictly white only, but I think you're allowed any coloured t-shirt and you can even wear trousers if you wanted to in other competitions.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't forget golf too...
ElWilson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, for most sports there is a dress code, for instance - uniforms for balls games, whites for test cricket, country colours for athletics.

These rules where obviously passed down from generation and who are we to break tradition?
yusufu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by johnsonimrodgd)
I don't think there is a dress code for tennis. I know that Wimbledon is strictly white only, but I think you're allowed any coloured t-shirt and you can even wear trousers if you wanted to in other competitions.
:rofl: imagine federer or someone turning up to play in trousers. :toofunny:
lucas05
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Snooker is top sport, and the players are presentable and honest. If i player fouls accidentally, they always make sure the referee knows. They shake hands and never boast, and the crowd respect the players fully acknowledging a good shot whether they support the player or not. Waistcoats are an example of how the sport is taken seriously by the players.
teenageclay
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well I'm 5ft2 dunno but my family is quite small
johnsonimrodgd
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Cheers for the random pos rep on this thread. Apparently 'I'm hot' but all the posters here are male so I'm getting a bit worried.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads