Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Regarding Boycott yes he says what he watches but in a patronising way !

Laxman Gone Plum Not Given !

Typical of Rudi ! Talk about Buffons on an 'elite' panel !

All commentators Indian or Not saw It !

How many more times ! HIm and Hair complete BUffons !

ReputationRep:
    Pakistan!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    Haha, Roddick got beat in 4 by Baghdatis.
    had baghdatis played the way he did against Roddick...but been playing Federer instead - would he have perhaps beaten Fed or at least taken him to 5 sets?
    I didnt see the game, nor have i seen any - i dont have digital thingy @ my house at uni, nor do i have any special channels - it really sucks big fat donkey balls, bring on Wimbledon.

Things like this happen - outstanding results...shocks are always on the cards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenageclay)
    well I'm 5ft2 dunno but my family is quite small
    Well the usual advice is not to do heavy weight training until you have stopped growing (I think). I have also read you can stunt your growth if you do. Try to google it.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't ride professionally but we've been brought up with all kinds of motor bikes and I have a little 125 Crosser. Love riding it. My dad's into his BIG bikes at the moment rather than M.X. He has a SPI 1000 Beast!

ReputationRep:
    cool!!!!! I dont know much about them but I bet they cost more than youd think

ReputationRep:
    Get rid of Hair and Rudi! :evil:

ReputationRep:
    wow nice one dragongirl where/how did you learn?!

ReputationRep:
    Fed is being taken to 5 sets now by Haas, he's playing brilliantly right now.

edit: Federer rediscovers his form and takes in in 5 :p:

ReputationRep:
    I gave myself a black eye once doing bicep curls

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else like baseball? Yankees rule-this will be our year!!! Mets should be good to. What are the odds on an all NY world series?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Machiavellian)
    Anyone else like baseball? Yankees rule-this will be our year!!! Mets should be good to. What are the odds on an all NY world series?
    You mean "Mets should be good too " :p:

ReputationRep:
    There's not much tennis enthusiasm on TSR is there.

Federer is simply in a world of his own. Incredible really - it's very perplexing watching him because he makes playing tennis, his way and hugely successful way, so easily and effortless - that hmm...you may not appreciate just how good he is because he does make it look so easy and effortless..

the man's a sporting genius.

ReputationRep:
    *****ing incredible from Federer. Just sensational, I could watch him all day and not get bored. Seemed to be cruising but then colapsed. He hit 58 unforced errors in total, the vast majority in the 3rd and 4th! I havnt seen him play that badly since the semis of Roland Garros where he lost to Nadal.
    But the thing about him is that he only plays aswell as he needs to, raising his level at the vital moments. Haas couldnt play any better but Federer just took him apart in the final set. Greatest sportsman around imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    wow nice one dragongirl where/how did you learn?!
    Thanks.... well the first day was ofcourse disastrous cause I was really impatient and I kept falling....but the first time I learnt it was when I went with my family to the Czech mountains, they went skiing on their own, and left me there alone on a baby hill...I tried to watch others, to have the basic idea of it and then tried it on my own-standing up on the SNB, trying to find the right balance of urself-which is quite difficult, and u must remember, that the most pressure should always be on ur front leg (wheter u r making turns to the left, or right), and then try making wide turns with bending your knees slightly and keep thinking about the front leg having the most weight on...hope that helps a bit..

ReputationRep:
    wow!i think i'm guna try that lol. just outta interest, why is it that chinese people are so damn serious about badminton?!

ReputationRep:
    big sport in China?
    Same with football (or is it cricket now?) in England...?

ReputationRep:
    I dont ride motocross.......yet!

Just saving for a bike now that I can hopefully get to and from tracks on my own.

Bikes themselves seem to start at around £1500 for a newish good clean condition 125 2stroke, increasing in cost with condition and year. There are cheaper ones that i have seen though (£800+). The 2 strokes are easier to repair and run, compared to the 4 strokes, which also cost a bit more too.
    Machine wise, they all seem to be reliable and cost similar amounts, so you can probably pick one by colour.

Aswell as the bike you will need a few extra pieces to keep it running, like a basic set of tools, and gearbox and engine oil which needs regular changing ect

Then you just need the safety gear. A good quality helmet and set of boots, goggles, and knee protectors, plus maybe a roost deflector and other armour.

I cant wait until i can afford my bike!

ReputationRep:
    Dude, Baseball Rocks, as for a all New York World Series, I hope not!

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't agree more with the previous two posts other than I would say its a close run thing for greatest sportsman around between Federer and Tiger Woods. But, I think Fed shades it. Unless he totally loses form and comes up against a player playing fantastically well (like Haas) or plays with an injury I can't see him being beaten this side of Wimbledon let alone this week.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.