Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Baseball rocks!

It was best when Jonny Gould and JC did in on five (UK) i am not so found of the new guy they had last season david legal!?!

Sorry Dude I hate the Yankees! money has boutght them success! and the Red Sox are just as bad! though in Jonny Damon you have got yourself a wonderful leadoff...

Chicago Cubs all the way! nothing beats Wrigley Field! If only they would bloody win something! I was SO annoyed with that LOSER of a fan that destroyed them in 2001, I think it was!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slim786)
    Well Australian Open draw has been made and some interesting matchups possible. Namely Hewitt vs Murray in 2nd round. Tim Henman vs Dimitry Tursonov in Wimbledon rematch. Federer has got pretty easy draw with possible matchups with gasquet in 4th round and hewitt in semis.
    Yeah it's good, we're watching it atm (as in, when it's on TV in the evenings)

Who are you supporting? Makes great viewing, and am glad Hingis is back, yay.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone watch last nights match with Federer vs Haas? It was so entertaining!
    I was supporting Haas...too bad he lost (only by a bit though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K o k o)
    Did anyone watch last nights match with Federer vs Haas? It was so entertaining!
    I saw the highlights from that match! Federer and Haas are great players!

ReputationRep:
    Oh hello, another friendly Aussie You must be a newbie, how's it going?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yeah. Well, it's going great here (mainly because its the school holidays)
    Yeah, Federer & Haas are so great, though Federer did have quite alot of unforced errors for being no.1!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yeah. Well, it's going great here (mainly because its the school holidays)
    Yeah, Federer & Haas are so great, though Federer did have quite alot of unforced errors for being no.1!
    ALways :cool:

ReputationRep:
    You're right, the Yankees have just used money to buy success, but who cares. Wrigley Field has to be the best looking stadium out there-my uncle lives in Chicago and goes quite often.

ReputationRep:
    As the only other thread i could find is locked, starting a new one

Kobe Bryant scored 81 points in LA Lakers' 122-104 win over Toronto on Sunday - the second highest total in the history of the NBA.
    Thats a hell of an achievement, having played a fair bit during school i know how big of an achievmenet this is at any level mainly due to the court time he must of had to achieve that.

He's a machine. Haas couldn't have raised it anymore, but Federer always looked to be control. I could watch him play for hours on end.

ReputationRep:
    Because he never passes, and the Lakers are a one-man band.

ReputationRep:
    It's great to see Hingis back again competing and altougth the game against Clijsters could be tricky, I can see her in the final with Sharapova.

The only person who I think can give Federer a good run for his money in the final (providing they both qualify) is Baghdatis, simply because of his good run and the confidence he's gained after the win against Roddick. But right now, his quarter final game against Ljubicic has just gone to a final fifth set.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares?? The reason Kobe scored that many points was because none of his teammates were in anything close to form that night. If Michael Owen went out and scored 5 goals in a game, nobody would critiscise him for not passing, so why have a go at Kobe?

ReputationRep:
    Marco Baghdatis into Australian Open semi-finals after beating Ivan Ljubicic 6-4 6-2 4-6 3-6 6-3.

Hmm very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing from Baghdatis. He has been hyped and hyped for a couple of years now after performing very well as a Junior but didnt do anything significant until the back end of last season. Seems he is finally reaching his potential and challenging with the big names. Not so surprised he beat Roddick but thought Ljubicic would have too much for him.

--------------

(Original post by AAJ1)
    Couldn't agree more with the previous two posts other than I would say its a close run thing for greatest sportsman around between Federer and Tiger Woods. But, I think Fed shades it. Unless he totally loses form and comes up against a player playing fantastically well (like Haas) or plays with an injury I can't see him being beaten this side of Wimbledon let alone this week.
    Yes very close between him and Woods especially when you consider how much harder it is to dominate golf but as you put it I think he shades it.

He has the clay season before Wimbledon which is his weakest surface although I still believe he is the best player on it. Lost to Gasquet and Nadal on it last season but he was really out of sorts.

ReputationRep:
    Go Mets !!!

It was 2003, btw, when the now infamous Steve Bartman beat Alou to the ball - not nice for anyone involved - except the Marlins!

Mets should be good this year, after some awesome acquisitions: Delgado, Lo Duca, Wagner. All we need is Beltran to pick it up a notch, and a surprisingly good year from the Victor Diaz/Tike Redman/Xavier Nady platoon in RF. The bullpen should be so much better, and Zambrano is the only weak starter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    It's great to see Hingis back again competing and altougth the game against Clijsters could be tricky, I can see her in the final with Sharapova.

The only person who I think can give Federer a good run for his money in the final (providing they both qualify) is Baghdatis, simply because of his good run and the confidence he's gained after the win against Roddick. But right now, his quarter final game against Ljubicic has just gone to a final fifth set.
    Yeah great to see Hingis playing again, i've definately missed her. She hasnt looked to be playing very well but the weakness of the womens game means her ability is good enough to beat most of the players alone. The draw couldnt be much better for Hingis with Clijsters and Davenport partially injured and Sharapova and Henin returning from injury. The Clijsters match will be interesting and tricky but she may be able to take it as Clijsters isnt 100%.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Mets did nicely from the Marlins fire sale. I wonder where they will play in 2008. Probably Vegas.

ReputationRep:
    hey
    i wanna get into surfing more but i dnt no wat board to get - can anyone help me out n let me no wat type of board is best for wat?
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanLUFC)
    Because he never passes, and the Lakers are a one-man band.
    watch the game did you ?
    or you spouting crap ?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.