Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by stratomaster)
Pat Cash has been complaining about the seeding.. Hewitt is world No 2 yet is the 3rd seed, while Roddick is world No 4 but is the 2nd seed.

http://inhome.rediff.com/sports/2005/jun/16cash.htm

Does this mean Hewitt will be in Federer's side of the draw? What are your opinions on this?
Thats because he's a frickin idiot - Cash that is...ok, Roddick has won the Stella Artois three times in a row now, he got to Wimbledon final last year, albeit a runner-up! He should be seeded second because of the last three years form on the surface...ok Hewitt won Wimbledon but that was 3 or so years ago....Cash is just being an idiot, perhaps attention-seeking, and he's biaised due to being an Aussie himself.....Roddick should be second, deservedly so....he is also the second best player on the surface, behind Federer of course.
stratomaster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Fair enough considering Roddick's form on grass, but still Hewitt has been the better player by far between the two.. he's reached 2 of the last 3 grand slam finals as well, Roddicks just coming to form now the grass court season is here. Cash is saying that Hewitt's been the far better player over recent months and that's why he deserve's the 2nd place that his world ranking justifies.

Meh.. I just want Hewitt in the final
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Question is.....should Grosjean be seeded higher than Tim? Another interesting one...i'd put my money on Grosjean if they got to meet at some stage...with regards to Hewitt, i 'think' he will have to meet Federer before the semi-final stage?...thats if everything goes to plan, if everything goes too Tim's plan, he will play against 3-4 average players, beat one very good player, then get trounced by a truly world-class player on the surface. If he wins Wimbledon....i would be stunned - quite possibly one of the biggest shocks the world of sport will ever have produced - up there with the Greece 2004 European Championships success (Football).
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by stratomaster)
Fair enough considering Roddick's form on grass, but still Hewitt has been the better player by far between the two.. he's reached 2 of the last 3 grand slam finals as well, Roddicks just coming to form now the grass court season is here. Cash is saying that Hewitt's been the far better player over recent months and that's why he deserve's the 2nd place that his world ranking justifies.

Meh.. I just want Hewitt in the final
Far better player in recent months? I struggle to see that, considering Hewitt has been out nursing injury over the last three months....basically after his appearance in the Aus Open final... no i disagree with Cash there...should seed according to current and recent past form on grass, and Roddick wins my vote on that account.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Who decides what is in the public interest? No violence should occur on a non-contact sport like football. If there are off the ball incidents then I don't see why professional footballers are immune from prosecution either. If I did the same thing on the local astro-turf I'm sure I won't benefit the same privileges as professional footballers. If I recall correctly Mutu took recreational drugs as supposed to performance enhacing drugs. Since it's his body he should do as he pleads, since people lecture me about this regarding abortion. :rolleyes:

And he was made an example of, by sacking. Why not make a thread about Maradona's punch up in front of the Spanish royalty? What about ol' Pizzagate? I'm sure there are plenty of other incidents that footballers have got away with that the ordinary person wouldn't have done.

*cough* Lee Bowyer *cough* and he's been in trouble whilst at Leeds too...
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah i would like Hewitt to go far...I like his style of play (huge take backs on his shots, backswing)...he's an amazing player...in the Australian Open he played some great stuff...im disappointed about Agassi, as for favourite player to watch....has to be between Federer, Grosjean or Roddick....Grosjean is a magician.
stratomaster
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
According to this Grosjean has a 2-1 record against henman on grass, so i'd probably say grosjean but you never know with Henman sometimes

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/...n%2C+Sebastien

But obviously we want henman seeded higher
stratomaster
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I enjoy watching grosjean but I remember him and Federer met in last years semi final didn't they.. federer winning 6 2 6 3 7 6 which showed the huge gulf in quality, becuase grosjean was battling past everyone before that. I'm interested to see how Karlovich gets on! :eek: but I enjoy watching Hewitt, Henman, Federer and Ferrero on grass too.
trouttrout
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nice to see two Welshmen getting the tries. Dwayne Peel played amazing yet again... class act!!

I think the back line that was picked is about right. All we need now, is for Woodward to actually allow to forwards to make quick ball and spread it! Look at when we(Wales) palyed New Zealand in the World Cup... had them worried by playing fast running rugby... then in run up to 6 nations... lost to them by one point. We play it throught the forwards with a narrow line of attack and we'll get battered. Spread it... henson, O'Driscoll, Thomas, Robinson, and Lewsey...... what more you want when you're running at a team?! Plus Peel with his little runs from time to time.

Here's a question I've been asking myself... Do you think Woodward may play Wilkinson and Jones side by side? As we finished off Wednesday's game? Could be good, different kicking foots too....
robbieblake98
Report 13 years ago
Robin Persie is so guilty probably tried to get it on with a teen
alkaeda
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
England 5 Australia 0
robbieblake98
Report 13 years ago
Owen is the laziest stiker I knwo would not bring anything to a team
he's prime was when he was 18 since then he has got worse
he never defends and stays in the opponents half for 90minutes theres a reason why he's a sub
he's overly rated and when he does score goals people like lampard or gerard have created the chances for him
Rainy
Badges: 2
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by robbieblake98)
he never defends and stays in the opponents half for 90minutes theres a reason why he's a sub
he's overly rated and when he does score goals people like lampard or gerard have created the chances for him
No.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by robbieblake98)
everton fan?
Rainy
Badges: 2
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
everton fan?
Nah, the blues know at least something about football. :cool:
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
if hes guilty he gets 12 years + just been told judge is keeping him in jail for another 2 weeks
Not in Holland he won't. Kluivert got charged with and proved guilty of Manslaughter due to dangerous driving but got off scot free because of who he was. He was also acquitted of rape despite evidence that even Kluivert's lawyer described as "damning".
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Zurich)
It would be too full with all the F1 subjects, all the football subjects, and every other sporting subject. You'd never be able to find anything.

The Van Persie thing for example, the thread here says look in the Ultimate Football Thread, which I did... but Van Persie isn't even on that page.
No it doesn't and your point makes little if any sense.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
For some reason, I just don't think or am hoping that he's not guilty.
I think it's cus you're a g00ner.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
They've both committed crimes that me or you could have done in the streets and get done for but do they because it's on the football pitch? Unlikely.
You or me would have got the same punishment.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Seabiscuit)
Only been here 2 minutes? Does it look like I give a damn? No. Its cliquey people with your head so far up your arse like you who think that your post count or rep is a sign of your maturity or your social status on TSR or something and you can talk down to me just because I haven't been here as long as you. Yeah I haven't been here long and I OFFERED a suggestion to the forum. The useful replies were that a few agreed but most wanted it to stay the same and gave their reasons and I had no problem with that - then you had to open your trap which added f-all to the discussion and just served to piss me off. I don't care if you're TSRs greatest, bestest ever, longest serving member in every friggin society and got more rep points than I've had hot dinners but have some respect.

Wouldn't call this a cat-fight, i'm really just bringing Chelseababe back to earth...
ROFL my sides are aching you made me laugh so much. Why do folks always resort to swearing when someone challenges their view??? :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.56%
No - but I will (17)
5.38%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.33%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.73%

Watched Threads