Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Paul our WLO lecture started 23 minutes ago.

ReputationRep:
    How long have you surfed?

ReputationRep:
    I sat in WLo yesterday and my exact notes were:

(Original post by my notes)
    I must concentrate in WLO.

Things I have learnt in WLO today:

1) The periodic table.
    2) MR= P - a/E > 1
    there's no point attending if it's the first or last lecture of the day.

ReputationRep:
    Lewis is babbling on about something now... not quite sure what though.

ReputationRep:
    I love the way he moves his eyebrows.
    I was p*ssed off with him yesterday cos he cussed Austin. And Bentham.
    Arif Jamal called me Austin's reincarnat last tutorial. I love him.
    I dont know who Mr Lewis thinks he is to dismiss UCL's first professor of jurisprudence and the guy who invented jogging.

pfft!

ReputationRep:
    The rain has called off play with baghdatis 3 points away from victory!

ReputationRep:
    what a time to start raining lol!

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah, they've closed the roof now.

ReputationRep:
    Baghdatis has got it! THrough to the final!!

ReputationRep:
    This guy deserves to win this competition, I've said it before that only him could give Federer a good match in the final because he's got the hunger.

ReputationRep:
    Call me a cynic but i hope this isnt a Puerta-esque repetition re: Baghdatis.

You just never quite know, also athletes as proven, can take drugs unknowingly.

ReputationRep:
    But wasn't Puerta 27 at last years Roland Garros final?, plus he also tested positive 2 years earlier.

Considering Baghdatis's age, 20, I think the only substance behind his drive is adrenaline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    But wasn't Puerta 27 at last years Roland Garros final?, plus he also tested positive 2 years earlier.

Considering Baghdatis's age, 20, I think the only substance behind his drive is adrenaline.
    Ok...but understandably so, there will be cynicism. It's been a huge sudden leap for Baghdatis. You surely concur with this? Ok..he's young, feeling fresh, but these arent valid reasons for why he simply wouldnt take drugs, knowingly or the anti-thesis - that's just not a valid argument.

ReputationRep:
    I understand those arn't valid reasons against drug taking, the only solid proof is a drug test. I'm not sure how these things work but will he have to give a sample after the final?

People are aware that there are some Tennis players who take performance enhancing drugs but another thing that's well known is players who take competition by storm. Ivanisevic at Wimbledon in 2001 for example.
    It may be a sudden leap but he's been in form since October 05, beating the likes of Hass and Nalbandian in Basel.

If he took anything we'll hear about it but in the meanwhile, people should appreciate how well he's done so far.

ReputationRep:
    I understand those arn't valid reasons against drug taking, the only solid proof is a drug test. I'm not sure how these things work but will he have to give a sample after the final?

People are aware that there are some Tennis players who take performance enhancing drugs but another thing that's well known is players who take competition by storm. Ivanisevic at Wimbledon in 2001 for example.
    It may be a sudden leap but he's been in form since October 05, beating the likes of Hass and Nalbandian in Basel.

If he took anything we'll hear about it but in the meanwhile, people should appreciate how well he's done so far.
    Yes, Puerta was asked for sample after his final in French Open 2005...just as rowers are asked for samples at the Olympics, i.e. Pinsent following on from winning gold @ Athens. Of course, people will abuse me for cynicism but it does happen, Puerta is proof of it. I just hope drugs aren't involved, and if unknowingly consumed, like Alain Baxter Bronze medal taken away after winter-olympics in 2002...thats very sad, unfortunate and has my sympathy to a degree...but of course athletes have to be aware and alert of what they are consuming, whether a new food/drink or old and regular product.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/4649982.stm

Coolness 8-)

ReputationRep:
    Sweet. It was going to happen eventually, although nothing is set in stone

ReputationRep:
    Im from Reading and Burnsie's death was harldy mentioned at all in the local press....Reading chronicle only had about 2 lines.....i find it completly scandolous that somebody who achieved as much as he did hardly got any mention in the paper where he was from. Im big into the WRC,my dad used to go rallying in the 70's and ive grown up loving it, i knew Richard had been ill for a long time and the signs wernt good but even i was very shocked to here of his untimley death at such a young age, we'll miss ya Richard...i think a statue in broad street would be a fitting tribute to England (and Readings) only rally world champion.

ReputationRep:

They take them at all ages these days. Karatancheva recently got banned for 2 years for taking drugs and she is only 16!!

ReputationRep:
    Ferraris own two R's

Raikkenon and Rossi

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.