Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chandni)
    or go 4 someone like Jense who will leave BAR if Rubens kicks his ass(which he probably will) or if they just don't improve to the level of beimg able to get wins.
    I don't see why Ferrari would take Jenson if he gets beaten by Rubens, considering Rubens has been at Ferrari and was totally outshone. Personally, I don't think Jenson is deserving of a Ferrari drive anyway, he's more a journey man, unless they use him to play second fiddle to Kimi or another driver, which Jenson wouldn't do cause he's used to having his ass licked at BAR.

It makes sense for Ferrari to go for Kimi and Rossi if Rossi proves a decent enough pace, they have a driver good for the championship and one good for marketing. Although I don't think Rossi will be happy with random wins and having to aid another driver in a championship.

ReputationRep:
    why on earth would rossi make sense? He is a poor F1 driver - his test times are far from impressive. There are many more race CAR drivers who would make more suitable replacements. Rossi is a marketing tool and no more. He does not deserve a place in Formula 1 on his motogp achievements. Maybe now we should sign Lance Armstrong up for the McLaren team - he's a multiple record holder from his bike series...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    it's not 'absolute crap'. read through our ****ing posts ok.
    only if you agree to reading through mine, i didn't use the word 'absolute'. I can't be arsed (like you) to read for exact phrases, but when you see a bunch of posts with baghdatis and drugs in the same sentance, you have to figure that an accusation is EFFECTIVELY being made. My point is that it is not to be seen as an incredible rise becasue like i said he is (was) a precocious junior getting to grips with seniors rather than some 25+ no talent stiff going nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    Mahesh Bhupathi and Martina Hingis won the mixed doubles. The second game wasn't that good for them, but they managed to win.
    I'm really looking foward to watching the men's finals tonight. It looks like Ausralia wants to adopt Baghdatis. There's a large Greek community in Melbourne and they're absolutely crazy about him!! Should be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    So besides s-t-e-v-e-n-s relentless spinning of various posts made previously, what do people think at the moment (regarding mens final)? Baghdatis has won the first set 7-5, and it's 2-2 in the second.

And i apologise for the 'absolute' - i must have had that word in my mind b/c of the extremism in the way you choose to interpret issues we have discussed.

Ok....UPDATE

5-7 7-5 (ONE SET ALL)

Federer is up 5-0 in the third set.

Federer is a set up @ 5-7 7-5 6-0

Now 5-7 7-5 6-0 5-2 (in 4th set, it's not Baghdatis serve)

FEDERER WINS 5-7 7-5 6-0 6-2

Championship point...

EDIT: Fed's done it. That's what, his 7th Grand Slam?

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely brilliant! I hope Roger goes on to win the slam this year because the emotion he showed before when Laver handed him the trophy just shows how much the game means to him.. and if Baghdatis carries on the way he played this tournament then 2006 could be a great season with fresh competition at the top!

ReputationRep:
    Decent final. However once again Federer played poorly, for the 1st two sets at least. Baghdatis did well to clinch the 1st set and to continue the momentum into the 2nd where he really could have been two breaks up. Federer did well to save the break points though and gradually started raising his game whilst Baghdatis started to drop a gear. Great third and fourth set from Roger but he still wasnt firing on all cyclinders. Despite the chances Marcos had in the 2nd set I was still supremely confident that Federer would come through. He just has the ability to raise him game when he really needs to. Credit to Baghdatis though.

7th Grand Slam, 3rd in a row and now 7 matches from a non-calender grand slam. He has now gone a year without losing on outdoor hard and had it not been for an injury it would be a year without losing on any hard court. Phenominal record and there is no doubt in my mind that he is the best tennis player there has ever been. Not the greatest yet, there is still Laver, Borg, Agassi, Sampras, MacEnroe probably just ahead of him but he will pass all of them within the next couple of years provided he doesnt get injured. He didnt even play well play well yet I never thought for one second he would lose.

He was very emotional at the end with his idol Laver there and obvious thoughts of his old coach who died in a car crash a number of years ago. It had me almost welling up. Such a gentlemen in every single aspect and I think it showed just how much he wants to win where there was speculation that his motivation was dropping. He is the perfect sportsman in every way, awesome man! I *****ing love him (im not gay though).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Decent final. However once again Federer played poorly, for the 1st two sets at least. Baghdatis did well to clinch the 1st set and to continue the momentum into the 2nd where he really could have been two breaks up. Federer did well to save the break points though and gradually started raising his game whilst Baghdatis started to drop a gear. Great third and fourth set from Roger but he still wasnt firing on all cyclinders. Despite the chances Marcos had in the 2nd set I was still supremely confident that Federer would come through. He just has the ability to raise him game when he really needs to. Credit to Baghdatis though.

7th Grand Slam, 3rd in a row and now 7 matches from a non-calender grand slam. He has now gone a year without losing on outdoor hard and had it not been for an injury it would be a year without losing on any hard court. Phenominal record and there is no doubt in my mind that he is the best tennis player there has ever been. Not the greatest yet, there is still Laver, Borg, Agassi, Sampras, MacEnroe probably just ahead of him but he will pass all of them within the next couple of years provided he doesnt get injured. He didnt even play well play well yet I never thought for one second he would lose.

He was very emotional at the end with his idol Laver there and obvious thoughts of his old coach who died in a car crash a number of years ago. It had me almost welling up. Such a gentlemen in every single aspect and I think it showed just how much he wants to win where there was speculation that his motivation was dropping. He is the perfect sportsman in every way, awesome man! I *****ing love him (im not gay though).

Well summed up there (AGAIN I may add )....i'm now just waiting for results of Baghdatis's drug sample

Suck on it S-T-E-V-E-N

ReputationRep:
    Well summed up there (AGAIN I may add )....i'm now just waiting for results of Baghdatis's drug sample

Suck on it S-T-E-V-E-N
    lol seems like a 'good' guy but you never know!

ReputationRep:
    Suck on it S-T-E-V-E-N
    up yours pooface, the only crime baghdatis is guilty of is frequenting merry go rounds with a cheesy smile

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...rom=newsquote1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s-t-e-v-e-n)
    up yours pooface, the only crime baghdatis is guilty of is frequenting merry go rounds with a cheesy smile

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...qu<br /> ote1
    Speaking of fairground rides, i'd let camille neviere ride me. And i'd be smiling all day long.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of fairground rides, i'd let camille neviere ride me. And i'd be smiling all day long.
    Who wouldnt? Great catch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Who wouldnt? Great catch!
    Who wouldn't?
    S-T-E-V-E-N perhaps.

There's too much narcissism flowing in his blood. I don't think even a Camille (ride) on the beach would appeal to him.

Just to finally add - i'm very happy for Hingis and Federer. He's a top bloke and it's great that he was emotional at the end, well both players were. Just seems the drugs weren't quite enough for Baghdatis.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with you that valentino's test times have not been impressive only 2 and a bit seconds down on the lap record set by Schumacher in only his 2nd or 3rd go in an f1 car given some decent ammount of testing and if he really wants to get serious about f1 then i rekon he'd be able to fet down to within say 4 tenths of that time which is very respectable!!! Though admittedly there is only one motorcycle champion thats been any good in f1 and that was years ago!!!

ReputationRep:
    John Surtee's you mean, legend!

Rossi won't enter F1 and the way things are going you could have a montoya / raikkonen formation at ferrari if schumi retires and massa doesnt impress, just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    Who wouldn't?
    S-T-E-V-E-N perhaps.

There's too much narcissism flowing in his blood. I don't think even a Camille (ride) on the beach would appeal to him.
    go on then i will submit myself to your level of baseness, yes i would like a camille ride (nice pun).

wait a second, would i want to handle the left overs of the cypriot George Formby?

Dope Addict, Pimp Daddy, and occasional tennis player Marcos Baghdatis Chilling with local cafe owner Bumbos Bumbostionios shows off his other love; the banjo

hmm..

http://cimg.163.com/sport/2006/1/27/...953218a0f3.jpg

tough call

ReputationRep:
    She looks like such a tease. God damn it, perhaps if i had a huge cheesy smile i could pull a woman with such great looks?

Question goes to....

ReputationRep:
    Yes John Surtees couldnt think of his name at the time lol!! I dnt think I could deal with that pairing at ferrari it would have to be one or the other and hopings its raikkonen with someone mediocre like fisi/trulli (gr8 4 marketing i guess) playing 2nd fiddle I can't see either montoya or raikkonen agreeing to be the number 2 in the team is another reason why it wouldn't work as ferrari tend to clearly name their number 1 and number 2 driver!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Montoya at renault is an option seeing as Alonso is jumping ship. But Renault dont seem like they want to be in F1 for much longerm bit like when they ditched their engines.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.