Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Varndell is definately not international class, his last few Leicester games have shown that. Ok hes very quick and scores tries but he cannot tackle; he would get slaughtered at test level. Abbott is quality though, and Voyce should start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    We dont want clowns either. But im not too bothered although Nadal looked like a bit of a **** when he turned up in his 3/4 lengths and green/orange wife beater.
    Take away rules and you'll probably end up with one joker like the PGA tour has got. Whats his name? Ian poullit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anduril)
    Well I can't comment on Dayglo as I haven't really seen him much this season (I try and avoid wasps wherever possible lol), but Cohen still looks slow and useless as a winger from what I've seen. Granted not as slow and useless as last couple of seasons, but that wouldn't really be hard.

I guess I was hoping from something a bit more original, some new younger players getting a chance to show if they can step up or not- I'dve loved to see Voyce starting, or maybe Varndell on the bench. And Stuart Abbott dropped to the A team? so much for attacking running rugby :hmmm:

Still.....on the positive side of things our pack should demolish the welsh

But i'm still tipping france to win the championship....they have it all, muscle up front and awesome flair behind :cool:
    ok about wasps - but dayglo has been on fine form

for northampton cohen is averaging 1.8 tries a game - thats serious form - trust me, he deserves to be there

I agree completely with colly though - varndell is a perfect international if you're playing 7s, bar that he's in trouble.

I agree with you on stuart abbott, but voyce isn't that impressive in my opinion - good utility back, but not test quality

personally i am amazingly relieved to see noon and moody there - they have the ability to change a game

ReputationRep:
    and you cindy - hope you sleep peacefully.

thanks nightowl - I am rather mesmerised by the amount of love shown too...

oh, and pete77 for attemptng to neg me...you're worth nothing :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I love badminton, me.

One of the few sports that I'm not a million times worse than everyone else at

Being myself, though, I have managed to leather myself in the face a fair few times with the racket and have my partner mistake my arm and/or hand for the shuttlecock :rolleyes: It's fairly painful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    and you cindy - hope you sleep peacefully.

thanks nightowl - I am rather mesmerised by the amount of love shown too...

oh, and pete77 for attemptng to neg me...you're worth nothing :rofl:
    *growls at pete77*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parag)
    Being myself, though, I have managed to leather myself in the face a fair few times with the racket and have my partner mistake my arm and/or hand for the shuttlecock :rolleyes: It's fairly painful
    I have managed to hit my legs a few times... How did you manage to get your face?!?! :eek:

Which hurt more - the pain on the face, or the fact that you managed to hit your own face?

ReputationRep:
    ah - dont worry about him...he's just annoyed at me for turning him red a couple of months ago...oh, and disagreeing with him over cricket - cardinal sin, i'm sure...

Hope you slept well my darling :love: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Rossi won't enter F1 and the way things are going you could have a montoya / raikkonen formation at ferrari if schumi retires and massa doesnt impress, just a thought.
    He'll be a test driver, maybe do a few races, but probably not in 06. Don't you dare ever mention however subtle ANY possibility that Montoya will race in a Ferrari

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    He'll be a test driver, maybe do a few races, but probably not in 06. Don't you dare ever mention however subtle ANY possibility that Montoya will race in a Ferrari
    Why not? :eek:

Well maybe they should take Jaque Villeneuve instead!

ReputationRep:
    ah - dont worry about him...he's just annoyed at me for turning him red a couple of months ago...oh, and disagreeing with him over cricket - cardinal sin, i'm sure...

Hope you slept well my darling :love: :hugs:
    I did, thank you, in fact like a log! I was a bit surprised to find twigs in my bed when I woke up though. :p:

ReputationRep:
    hehe

personally i do not think any part of you could be described as log like...but you must learn to shut those windows at night damn you to hell owls!

ReputationRep:
    hehe

personally i do not think any part of you could be described as log like...but you must learn to shut those windows at night damn you to hell owls!
    You are too sweet.

ReputationRep:
    ah - i'm just me but I signed for my room for next year today, and bought some organic tea - so, despite having to write an essay at some point tonight (which will not be difficult to be honest...) I am in a good mood.

and, ofcourse, you being here elevates that elation even further :love:

ReputationRep:
    Whats your essay about? How long does it have to be?

ReputationRep:
    Its about the use of different proxies when studying Ice Cores (i.e., pretty basic palaeoenvironment studies), and when i did the reading I basically wrote it then - its nicely segmented. And, its not really a set length - just a couple of sides will do - so aslong as you get all the info in and understand it... (its not a proper essay compared to the ones I normally have to do, so thats a mercy!)

ReputationRep:
    *wishes I hadn't asked* LOL Yeah right, like I really know what you are talking about. Seriously I think I do a bit. Anything higher than Yr 6 and I am stumped.

ReputationRep:
    well - basically its due to the different weights of oxygen isotopes.

since one is heavier it is less likely to evaporate (although realistically there is a lot of science here i'm not going to bore you with), so in land ice, there is a higher ratio of the lighter isotope. by looking at the ratio, we can look at the variation of the volume of land ice, which can therefore be linked to the climate

although, there are loads of other factors i could bore you with, but wont

ReputationRep:
    Sssshhh... :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    well - atleast you wont have to ask again, and it will give you something interesting to talk about next time there is a lul in the footy

and...if it gets me hugged, i might start talking a lot more geocomplexity to you :hugs:

Ophiolites are sequences of igneous rocks forme....

nah! I wont be that cruel
    back to reality now - do you have anything planned for the evening?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.