The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
I've got a kickboxing competition on 26 June. One of my instructors says he once starved himself of carbohydrates 1 week prior to his comp, then on the day before, ate loads of pasta, bread etc. and he was bouncing. Has anyone heard/tried this before? Should I give it a shot? Is it unhealthy?

If it's ok to try it, then how soon before the comp should I start eating carbs again, and what exactly does NOT contain carbs? All I can think of are bacon and eggs!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 861
Health and Relationships matey :wink:

Motherless Child
I Love You Two
Reply 863
he starved himself TOTALLY from cabs? near to impossible to be honest, he may have depleted himself, but i don't see the point. when i fight i'm bouncing from adrenalin anyway, i always take a few caffeine tabs but other than that it's not neede imo.
Reply 864
erk
he starved himself TOTALLY from cabs? near to impossible to be honest, he may have depleted himself, but i don't see the point. when i fight i'm bouncing from adrenalin anyway, i always take a few caffeine tabs but other than that it's not neede imo.

well, probably not totally, but to an absolute minimum anyways
Reply 865
Motherless Child
Health and Relationships matey :wink:

Motherless Child

errrr, why? it's a sport-related question too :confused:
The Colonel
I Love You Two

And I love you as well. *hugs Colonel tightly and plants kiss on cheek. :p:

PS are you joining the FPL Soc and get ready for the new footy season? You trailed off last season hunny. See link in sig. :wink:
ugarte to cov? good/bad move?
Reply 868
I wouldn't say Roddick is better on grass than Lleyton. He may have beaten him at Queens last year, but Lleyton was well below par. Lets face it, on top form he would destroy Roddick on any surface, including grass. If his 2002 Wimbledon win counts for nothing in his seeding, then Henman's semi-finals also shouldn't, as his last was 2002. Don't forget that Roddick only got to the final last year because Federer and Lleyton were in the opposite side of the draw. Looks like it will happen again...
Reply 869
Lillith Grimore
He doesn't have anything to play with, but I'll se if I can purloin something off one of my friends...he actually doesn't have a net, our horses have haylage and it's fed off the floor. He's in quite a good stable though, it's next to the office and he's quite enjoying watching the world go by him. I'm going to take him for a walk this evening as well. Hopefully he'll behave himself...

Seriously, try the carpet though, it won't stop him banging, but it'll be less annoying. You can get salt lick toys for them as well to keep them occupied.
amour
I wouldn't say Roddick is better on grass than Lleyton. He may have beaten him at Queens last year, but Lleyton was well below par. Lets face it, on top form he would destroy Roddick on any surface, including grass. If his 2002 Wimbledon win counts for nothing in his seeding, then Henman's semi-finals also shouldn't, as his last was 2002. Don't forget that Roddick only got to the final last year because Federer and Lleyton were in the opposite side of the draw. Looks like it will happen again...

all rounder - yes, arguably hewitt is the better player, i think he probably is....but with Roddicks serve on a grass court? Hewitt could 'destroy' Roddick on grass when Roddicks serve is booming down bombs?! Ok...hewitt is one of the best returners in the game, but destroy is a very generous word to use...it would be very closely fought but i'd put money on Roddick if his serve is excellent...serve counts for so much in grass court tennis after all...i can remember Ivanisevic's win at Wimbledon....i got frustrated watching him win the title the way he did.....
woo i cnt wait for wimbledon! :biggrin: i reckon federer is goona do well and sharapova shined last year.
Maybe bcos if they are to prosecute everyone taking cocaine the courts wouldnt be able to cope, plus it was only found in his system because the club tested him, which is a bit unfair and normal drug users wouldnt get randomly tested. Also he did it in his own time and didnt cause harm to anyone else and is serving a punishment by being banned from football, something the courts wouldnt have been able to impose
Reply 873
mc_watson87
No it doesn't and your point makes little if any sense.

Yes it does, and it would if you thought about for long enough.
Reply 874
Actually you have a point there. Destroy probably is an exaggeration if they were playing on grass. But I do think Lleyton at his best would beat Roddick. I don't think there's any doubt at all on other surfaces though. I remember the Master Cup last year, where Roddicks game was dismantled by Lleyton. I felt the same too about Ivanisevic, it's probably the only thing I dislike about grass, serve is too important. You see the Karlovich's and Popp's come out of the woodwork. Roddick will most likely play Karlovich in the 2nd round at Wimbledon, so hopefully Karlovic will be gone quickly this year. :biggrin:
u guys are proper foolish dumbasses
england beat aussies....dream on guys

i still do think england have a pretty good team but not quite enough

this is the team i wud play

Tresk
strauss
vaughan
thorpe
pieterson
flintoff
jones
giles
gough
hoggard
harmison

(gotta have a spinner in giles who always performs)
(pieterson jus sneeks in even tho he more one dayish...)(bell jus misses out and so does collingwood cos he is too one dayish)
tell me what u guys think ?
amour
Actually you have a point there. Destroy probably is an exaggeration if they were playing on grass. But I do think Lleyton at his best would beat Roddick. I don't think there's any doubt at all on other surfaces though. I remember the Master Cup last year, where Roddicks game was dismantled by Lleyton. I felt the same too about Ivanisevic, it's probably the only thing I dislike about grass, serve is too important. You see the Karlovich's and Popp's come out of the woodwork. Roddick will most likely play Karlovich in the 2nd round at Wimbledon, so hopefully Karlovic will be gone quickly this year. :biggrin:

I agree with all you have said....a serve game, and only a serving game, at Wimbledon, is an ugly prospect....i don't mind Karlovic the person, but Karlovic the game.....
Zurich
Yes it does, and it would if you thought about for long enough.

kk..
Probably my first choice team aswell. There are suggestions that Goughie may make himself available for the Ashes, lets hope so hes the only bowler with enough experince against them.

Latest