Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101mphfastball)
    Minute Maid Park dude. Aint nothing like the atmosphere in Houston where else do you get 35000 fans singing "Deep in the Heart of Texas" (Obviously).
    Texas = Enough Said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    what?!

the curling was great...probably cos GB won it
    Bowls on ice only slower. Zzzzzzzzz....

Wit all that sweeping in curling do you think i pays off to be a profeessional cleaner in your spare time?

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure if the dude is at the winter olympics but I saw on a programme this Ghanian! yes Ghanian dude that was trying to get into the olympics persuming he could get the spondership to go to events?

does anyone know if he got there? if so then i will be chearing him on....and of course the trusty jamacian bob sleigh teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrColin)
    Bowls on ice only slower. Zzzzzzzzz....

Wit all that sweeping in curling do you think i pays off to be a profeessional cleaner in your spare time?
    Its not that bad, can be enjoyable if you get into it. Although my interest was mainly stimulated by GB's success

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101mphfastball)
    Minute Maid Park dude. Aint nothing like the atmosphere in Houston where else do you get 35000 fans singing "Deep in the Heart of Texas" (Obviously).
    To be fair, Minute Maid Park is pretty high up on the list of grounds i'd love to visit. Not only is left field ultra short, but a train that rolls on when the Astro's hit a homer - genius

ReputationRep:
    it starts today!!
    i love it!
    do you have any favourites?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anybody else follows the BAFL (British American Football League)?

Season starts in April!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screamcore)
    To be fair, Minute Maid Park is pretty high up on the list of grounds i'd love to visit. Not only is left field ultra short, but a train that rolls on when the Astro's hit a homer - genius
    Minute Maid Park is awesome. The train is totaly cool. Its a real nice ballpark.
    Great seats even from upperdeck if your right behind home plate despite being way up in the sky, the view over home plate is awesome. Flag pole in center, plus the crazy slope, though I'm glad we don't have one of those on my field. Played on one one time that did, I'm running back full speed, I'm right under the ball its about to go in my glove, Bang! I hit some slope and go sprawling on the grass like my sister on ice, gee did I feel stupid.

I actually kinda like the Astrodome though (first fully domed stadium), but Minute made park is way cooler.

ReputationRep:
    I've always wanted to try Ice Hockey since watching the Mighty Ducks films

Wouldn't mind trying the skeleton/bobsleigh type things either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexTait)
    I've always wanted to try Ice Hockey since watching the Mighty Ducks films

Wouldn't mind trying the skeleton/bobsleigh type things either
    Mighty Ducks films are class!!!

ReputationRep:
    speed skating is very exciting. once again though the brits are a bit skant on the ground

ReputationRep:
    I assume you are training outdoors? It may seem like common sense but i recently treated a guy who trained for a 10k on a treadmill.. Needless to say he had a very tough time and is still paying the price. They are useful in addition to outdoor training but absolutley not as a substitue.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    speed skating is very exciting. once again though the brits are a bit skant on the ground
    Cheer for the Americans, then :yy:

ReputationRep:
    What a fantastic opening ceremony this has been Closing with Pavarotti !

I love how they've termed the athletes enclosure as a "Mosh Pit", but it's been a great ceremony; Beijing ('08), Vancover ('10), and London ('12) have a lot to give.

I still think Sydney 2000 took some beating, although that maybe took a bit too long!

Let the games begin.

ReputationRep:
    yes it was!

i love the olympics! :love:

ReputationRep:
    I predicted France to win the 6N but after last weeks performances I've began to have doubts. However, the first games of the 6N always feature un-refined teams! A lot will be revealed with this weekends fixtures!

C

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... I always find the opening ceremonies bit to be rather hokey, with this year being no exception.

ReputationRep:
    Well its got off to a good start anyway. Top of the league!! C'mon you Hull!

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Nice first half from the french today! Credit to Ireland for fighting till the end and pulling back in the 2nd half, although the fact that the french went to sleep probably helped.

England weren't exactly inspiring tho.....

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watch the womens moguls? Was pretty good. I thought that Heil was very lucky to win the gold, Traa looked to have had a much better run but then again im no expert.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.