Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Fire Point
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just half time at Wales 14- 6 Scotland plus Scotland have lost last weeks man of the match to a red card! The Welsh side will win if they play their cards right but Scotland hopefully will have something up their sleeves. We'll see aftyer the match!
BexTait
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you've got the available resources, there's plenty of opportunity for people to watch the Winter Olympics. They're showing a fair bit via live stream from the BBC website, the only problem I've got is that they've had two things on at once, both of which I wouldn't mind watching!
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
I personally love multisports events like the Olympics, winter or summer, and the Commonwealths.

It gives people the chance to broaden their single-mindedness with regards to the usual sports like football, rugby and cricket, and actually appreiciate that other sports exist and are popular in their own circles.

I remember 4 years ago I stayed up and watched the Rhona Martin and her curling rink beat the Swiss with the last stone of the final - fantastic stuff.

The snowboarding half pipe was excellent earlier, as was the Men's Downhill.
Luge should be good tonight, and the Ski-Jump (Normal slope).

Ice-Hockey is always great viewing, as is the Bob/Skeleton/Luge simply because of the speeds involved.

I'm disappointed that Michelle Kwan has pulled out of the figure skating, as on her day injury free she would deliver a masterclass, and the gold would be hers to lose.

As for some of the viewpoints raised above; I wonder if the Winter Games would be dismissed so rashly if GB enjoyed more success.
Ive been really getting into the winter olympics so far. Whilst I have my favourite sports I can enjoy most stuff aslong as there is some decent competition. The Downhill was great earlier and I could appreciate it more after going skiing for the 1st time last year. The half pipe was good to watch although White was bit of a one man show and the same goes for luge with Zoeggeler.

The curling was class four year ago, still remember it clearly.

The only sport which I refuse to watch is figure skating, just find it supremely boring.
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Short track 1500m skating later!!! Always a great watch. Anyone remember Steven Bradbury at Salt Lake? Amazing scenes, very funny.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
Short track 1500m skating later!!! Always a great watch. Anyone remember Steven Bradbury at Salt Lake? Amazing scenes, very funny.
Ah yeah, Steven Bradbury (AUS), the last man standing, quite literally. Hehe.
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BexTait)
If you've got the available resources, there's plenty of opportunity for people to watch the Winter Olympics. They're showing a fair bit via live stream from the BBC website, the only problem I've got is that they've had two things on at once, both of which I wouldn't mind watching!

LOL I'm watching Ski-Jump on BBC 2, Luge Final on Broadband Interactive 2, and flicking occasionally to see how badly the Canadian Women are thrashing the Russian's in the Ice-Hockey (Interactive 3), last time I checked it was 10-0.
Clarence
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im watching the ski jumping on eurosports!
mmjp
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, looks like Saints are still favourites for the title.

Interesting to see if Wigan will be able to keep Leeds to a decent score next week, good win for Les Catalans but if Jones gets injured they're screwed.

My prediction for the end-of season table (before play-offs)

1. Leeds
2. Bulls
3. Saints
4. Wigan
5. Hull
6. Warrington
7. Huddersfield
8. Harlequins
9. Salford
10. Wakefield
11. Les Catalans
12. Castleford
Zweig
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you are seeking advice on training programs, bike purchases or anything bike related try the cycling forums website.
Yeah - there should be a Cycling society :yy:
hull chic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not sure I agree with you with leeds and the bulls at the top I reckon saints are going to be pretty hot this year and could well do the double. And i think Les Catalans will do better than second from bottom especially if they can keep Jones fit but i think the teams in the top 6 are about rite although Hull could get 4th provided we are more consistent in the league this year.
Top_Cat
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nathan,

How often do you cycle? How far would you go on an average training ride? Did you always train alone to begin with? You see, one of my concerns is that being a potential newcomer to the sport, I wouldn't know how hard to push myself and so on.

Do competitive cyclists always train outdoors, I'm sure I read somewhere about putting their bikes in blocks for the winter and training in garages and the like?

Have you modified your diet since you started cycling then?

Many thanks

Phil
Top_Cat
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by qpwoei)
If you are seeking advice on training programs, bike purchases or anything bike related try the cycling forums website.
Yeah - there should be a Cycling society :yy:
Cheers.

Is there no society then?
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
LOL I'm watching Ski-Jump on BBC 2, Luge Final on Broadband Interactive 2, and flicking occasionally to see how badly the Canadian Women are thrashing the Russian's in the Ice-Hockey (Interactive 3), last time I checked it was 10-0.

The luge and ski jump were climaxing at exactly the same time . Frantic flicking between them on interactive. Now for the short track
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
The luge and ski jump were climaxing at exactly the same time . Frantic flicking between them on interactive. Now for the short track
Great climax to the Luge, Zoeggeler winning as expected, but the lead did get cut midway down the track ! Adam Rosen will be one to watch out for for GB in Vancover 2010.

Lost interest in the skijump so focused on Luge.

Good to see Jon Eley qualify from the heat to the Semi Final in the 1500m Short Track.
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Great climax to the Luge, Zoeggeler winning as expected, but the lead did get cut midway down the track ! Adam Rosen will be one to watch out for for GB in Vancover 2010.

Lost interest in the skijump so focused on Luge.

Good to see Jon Eley qualify from the heat to the Semi Final in the 1500m Short Track.
Yeah I was focusing on the luge as well just flicking in between runs.

Just seen Eley qualifying. A bit close for comfort
trouttrout
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think you all mean, super league is *****!!!!
trouttrout
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
we won, was there ever any doubt! only from the naive unknowledgeable rugby fans i suppose!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Scotland do seem to have their discipline problems, but that usually happens against England from what I've experienced.
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That was hardly a discipline problem - thats a knee-jerk reaction...the same way to if someone grabs your shirt and pulls you back while you're trying to chase up a ball, you swing an arm at them
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That's poor discipline in my book. You don't react because you can land yourself into trouble.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (542)
37.74%
No - but I will (112)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (98)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.63%

Watched Threads