Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Scuffles like grabbing shirts and a slight nudge can be ignored in rugby. This late challenge from the Welsh guy wasn't actually that late to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    It was late enough to be judged obv. late, but, from recollection late challenges dont carry yellow cards - the aussie fly half did one in the RWC final and only got a penalty against him, despite it being in a potential try position (the one with cohen - he happens to come up with a huge stud-shaped hole in his cheek...coincidences eh!) and I think that was the right way to do it.
    Today it should have, in my opinion, been yellow for murray and potential penalty reversed for wales

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Where did Adam Rosen come? I really enjoyed the freestlying skiing (is that what it was?) yesterday. I watched the womens' and I loved the jumps.
    Adam Rosen finished around 17th.

The skiing you're referring to that you were watching yesterday was probably the Ladies Moguls.

ReputationRep:
    Late challenges that hinder progress resulting to a likely score from a scoring opportunity should be a yellow.

ReputationRep:
    Yep - which is the example from the World Cup, which I was unhappy with the decision. In this situation it was akin to tackling the acting scrum half significantly after he had moved out the ball. Personally, it may hinder some progress, but its not visible stopping a try, so I'd say the case today was a pen and not a yellow...but still - its happened now, shame for the scots though

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Although I'd usually prefer Wales to beat Scotland myself.

ReputationRep:
    Well - for Englands championships sake, yes...but I like to watch wales lose because I used to get beaten up in school every time England beat them...so now that doesn't happen I hope they lose every game they play.

ReputationRep:
    Talk about extreme. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yea...hence why I do not approve of trouts single-minded attitude towards welsh rugby being surpreme no matter what happens, since that attitude has caused me a lot of pain in the past

ReputationRep:
    Tindall is integral to Englands success. He's too slow at the moment to play at outside centre. Simpson daniel isnt a natural centre and would be defensively frail. English fans are always looking for attacking play which is silly when we won the world cup by good structure and Jonny's boot. Noon has beene excellent so far, and if ur gonna drop noon - who do you replace him with?

Irelands backline is something else tho. D'arcy - whoa
    O'Driscoll - whoa
    Murphy - whoa
    Trimble - whoa

Pity O'Gara and Stringer are so bog-awful for them.

France could click and destroy all before them.

Wales are weak this year and wont be a threat.

I think Scotland will beat England.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see. You know what you said above, I'd understand if it was in Scotland - but Wales? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Oh I see. You know what you said above, I'd understand if it was in Scotland - but Wales? :confused:
    Yea...I've actually found scotland a lot more tolerant, whereas the welsh's oppresion complex relating to england is much greater because we conquered them.etc., (probably), but it was extemely common at my school.

ReputationRep:
    In that case I might as well have an issue with Italy.

ReputationRep:
    What has happened to Hazel? She is what Sue Barker is to Wimbledon...

I turn on for the downhill which he always does and who do a get? Claire Balding! why.....

ReputationRep:
    What has happened to Hazel Irvin? She is what Sue Barker is to Wimbledon...

I turn on for the downhill which he always does and who do a get? Claire Balding! why.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrColin)
    What has happened to Hazel Irvin? She is what Sue Barker is to Wimbledon...

Hazel Irving is definately out there, she was in the Sestriere main studio.

Claire Balding was on briefly this mid-afternoon, but you can't expect Hazel to hang around all afternoon from the start of coverage 2 PM ish, through to 9.10 PM - lets face it, all they're doing is dealing with continuity; the event commentators will deal with the rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trouttrout)
    I think you all mean, super league is *****!!!!
    Yep, Super League is *****/***** (5 out of 5...). Certainly a few upsets in the first weekend! Long live XI.

ReputationRep:
    Sue actually played tennis professionally and won a grand slam. Hazel is crap in comparison.

As a presenter she is ok but her knowledge is a bit limited. I prefer her to Balding though who should be banned from presenting anything but horse-racing.

Anyway Hazel is based in the mountains so covering the skiing and snowboarding while Balding is in the city.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh she does the snooker but doesnt have a clue about anything and its funny listening to her acting as if she does and asking prepared questions, but otherwise shes a good presenter.

(Original post by MrColin)
    What has happened to Hazel? She is what Sue Barker is to Wimbledon...

the only reason clare balding presents horse racing is because of her uncanny similarity to a horse.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.