The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes it bugs me seeing commentators commentating on a game/sport whatever, that they don't have a background in. That said, it's sometimes nice to get some impartiality - for example, that annoying former welsh rugby star (jonathan davies) on the Six Nations panel, fine he has a background but pfft ffs just stop talking poo...its fine when Barker does Wimbledon, Bell is doing parts to the skiing commentary and so on...but Balding and Winter Olympics? It's just not right IMO, she should stick to the horses, she seems a nice person and she's good at presenting but just stick to what you do best and know best...but hey can't diss her - she's getting a pretty good hol out of it all...respect goes out to her on that front.
India go 2-1 up, but I think only the spectators were biting their nails. Those who organised this India vs Pakistan series would not have been so surprised because they already knew what would happen. Let's get to the point. This is set up to be a tight series, to bring in more revenue. They want to entertain the crowd by making it nerve racking, and make sure India come to pakistan on a regular basis. Last year they made 12 million dollars for running a 2 month series, and they can only keep this up by making it all exciting, because hardly anyone would come if it was one sided, with no twists. On top of that, what makes it really funny is that Inzamam does not know that this fix up is happening. Yes and I hate to believe this too, but it is still a joy for all fans and me myself a fan, to watch the cricket. Who cares if it is fixed, because us fans will never know who is going to win so it makes it exciting for us.
Well the matches arent fixed then are they, cos its whoever performs well on the surface, but i agree the pitches have been fixed to Pakistans favour (more so then most countries do) and it ensures that they get at least a draw, unlike usually. Also India have said they wont be playing Pak every yr or anything so the excitement is still there.
Pair's free starting in a minute.
Reply 9024
Anyone see Ohno mess that race up? :rolleyes:
I didn't, sadly. I love watching short track speedskating, but stupid NBC can't stay on one event for more than 5 minutes, and I just don't have the patience to sit through something like the luge, when I really want to see something that they just insist on showing on tape delay. They'd better not be like this with hockey, or I'll go all exorcist on them.
PadFoot90
Anyone see Ohno mess that race up? :rolleyes:

Yeah, was expecting more from him after all the hype with the continued rivalry from SLC - for him to only reach the B Final was disappointing for the viewing public. The eventual final was a bit of a damp squid.

The women's 3000m time-trial (long course) was superb - the reigning World Junior Champion from Holland coming in and beating off both the reigning champion, and the World record holder.

---

The Russian pair that have just performed, T.Totmianina and M.Marinin were absolutely superb - I expect they'll win. Beautiful.
Expression
Yeah, was expecting more from him after all the hype with the continued rivalry from SLC - for him to only reach the B Final was disappointing for the viewing public. The eventual final was a bit of a damp squid.

I'm sure the squid is very happy to be damp :wink:
psychic_satori
I'm sure the squid is very happy to be damp :wink:

Yeah interesting typo that one. *blush*.
Just watched figure skating - did u see that chinese girl who tried to do a quadruple throw and fell?! OWW.

It does entertain me when they fall tho... :biggrin:
Reply 9030
sidekick

Thats a bit sadistic don't you think taking pleasure in others misfortune.

Anyway all credit to the Chinese for carrying on. Obviously it was worth it for them as they came away with a silver
Expression
Yeah interesting typo that one. *blush*.

Well, I had a terrible day and it made me laugh, so it was a much appreciated typo :smile:
sidekick
Just watched figure skating - did u see that chinese girl who tried to do a quadruple throw and fell?! OWW.

It was a painful fall - it was very gutsy for her to get back up and then for the pair to go on and claim the silver.
Expression
It was a painful fall - it was very gutsy for her to get back up and then for the pair to go on and claim the silver.

She seemed very close to packing it in bet she's glad she didnt now. A great effort
Ads.
Thats a bit sadistic don't you think taking pleasure in others misfortune.

Anyway all credit to the Chinese for carrying on. Obviously it was worth it for them as they came away with a silver

Oh have a sense of humour! Yes, it's called schadenfreude. It may be unreasonable but I still gave an involuntary snort of laughter. It doesn't take away from her achievement, stop taking it all so seriously!! :biggrin:
OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

As she was sitting down there were medics crawling around her. Surely one of the gutsiest things ive ever seen. I think shes really lucky not to have dislocated he knee.

Serious fair play to her though.
Reply 9036
sidekick
Oh have a sense of humour! Yes, it's called schadenfreude. It may be unreasonable but I still gave an involuntary snort of laughter. It doesn't take away from her achievement, stop taking it all so seriously!! :biggrin:

Okie dokie then if that appeals to you. Just don't slow down the traffic too much if there is a crash
Grr. i'm so disappointed that Torah Bright didn't win a medal for ladies half pipe :frown:
Reply 9038
I decided I wanted to do the snowboarding thing, but the one who won is younger than me :mad:
Ads.
Okie dokie then if that appeals to you. Just don't slow down the traffic too much if there is a crash

:rolleyes:

Latest