Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidekick)
    Just watched figure skating - did u see that chinese girl who tried to do a quadruple throw and fell?! OWW.

It does entertain me when they fall tho...

It was a painful fall - it was very gutsy for her to get back up and then for the pair to go on and claim the silver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    It was a painful fall - it was very gutsy for her to get back up and then for the pair to go on and claim the silver.
    She seemed very close to packing it in bet she's glad she didnt now. A great effort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ads.)
    Thats a bit sadistic don't you think taking pleasure in others misfortune.

Anyway all credit to the Chinese for carrying on. Obviously it was worth it for them as they came away with a silver
    Oh have a sense of humour! Yes, it's called schadenfreude. It may be unreasonable but I still gave an involuntary snort of laughter. It doesn't take away from her achievement, stop taking it all so seriously!!

ReputationRep:
    OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

As she was sitting down there were medics crawling around her. Surely one of the gutsiest things ive ever seen. I think shes really lucky not to have dislocated he knee.

Serious fair play to her though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidekick)
    Oh have a sense of humour! Yes, it's called schadenfreude. It may be unreasonable but I still gave an involuntary snort of laughter. It doesn't take away from her achievement, stop taking it all so seriously!!
    Okie dokie then if that appeals to you. Just don't slow down the traffic too much if there is a crash

ReputationRep:
    Grr. i'm so disappointed that Torah Bright didn't win a medal for ladies half pipe
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I decided I wanted to do the snowboarding thing, but the one who won is younger than me :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ads.)
    Okie dokie then if that appeals to you. Just don't slow down the traffic too much if there is a crash
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The best route is one with smooth roads and little traffic. I know my local area quite well, so this wasn't a problem for me. You could try asking on a forum, either the one already mentioned or www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum, or buy a local map (the OS do a good version of their maps called activity maps or something that are to a good scale).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ads.)
    i wouldn't say it's sadistic - people enjoy seeing mishaps, obviously i hope people aren't badly injured or recover well from their injuries - i've unfortunately yet to see the downhill skiing accident clips from yesterday - its not 'sick' of me to want to see them but just curiousity really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    i wouldn't say it's sadistic - people enjoy seeing mishaps, obviously i hope people aren't badly injured or recover well from their injuries - i've unfortunately yet to see the downhill skiing accident clips from yesterday - its not 'sick' of me to want to see them but just curiousity really.
    In an odd why everyone is looking for someone to crash.....but it is very true we all like to see a big crash or someone leaping wildly off the jump in some stupid position....

I think if they hurt themselves we have sympathy but we are still looking for a big crash for entetainment purposes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Sue actually played tennis professionally and won a grand slam. Hazel is crap in comparison.

As a presenter she is ok but her knowledge is a bit limited. I prefer her to Balding though who should be banned from presenting anything but horse-racing.

Anyway Hazel is based in the mountains so covering the skiing and snowboarding while Balding is in the city.
    Don't dish Hazel! She Rules!

I always find it amusing when Claire Balding and Willie Carson are presenting with each other. Kind of like little and large it has a comic value to it

ReputationRep:
    too many of the presenters are past it...most of them, including those on the news, are 40+ with harsh voices and harsh faces. move along mum.

get someone like rebecca lowe on the screen

ReputationRep:
    Too much figure skating!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Too much figure skating!
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone see the men's speedskating? The Russian guy, Dorofeyev, had the most unfortunately patterned speedskating outfit. It looked like a cheap wallpaper pattern.

He skated well, though. Got the silver.

ReputationRep:
    All those suits are a bit too tight in all the wrong places

ReputationRep:
    Well, that goes for almost all of the speed-related winter olympic sports. Still, I'd think the Russians could must something more aesthetically pleasing than old woman wallpaper designs.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed on the disgusting outfits worn by the Russian speed skater! I was eating at the time..what are they playing at, trying to make me throw up or something?

I've been really enjoying the winter olympics so far. I'm deeply into skiing and racing so I love to see these guys giving it their all. It's great to see people who can race so fluidly and well. As for kind of enjoying the crashes..don't get so uptight people..it's only human nature to like a bit of drama. Obviously nobody is being malicious and hoping that these people are injured. I've had my fair share of crashes in my time, I'm afraid it comes with the job. I'm sure we all hope they come out of every crash unscathed and yell to people in the other room "OOOHH they had a really bad crash...come and look!".

I had to wince at the chinese girl falling at the end of the figure skating today. But round of applause for continuing! The Russians were fantastic..well deserved their win.

I'm really looking forward to the women's downhill and the freestyle today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Too much figure skating!
    i love figure skating but i have to admit that after watching it for a while you get bored. however i will see the finals.

anyone that watches curling?
    i have never really understood that game:confused:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.