Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    to try and inject a bit of life into this thread (and not to be outdone by the hockey thread) is anybody gonna do fantasy baseball this year? Mlb.com's opening day is thursday there is also a real nice preview on there now
    http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/fantasy/index.jsp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    i always appreciate a great climax.

Yes i hear Miller has been DQN - why is this so? That's a shame.
    Straddled the gate ie put he skis either side of it.

Well well, Ligety wins! A great last run from him but feel a bit for Raich. Bad error but the slalom is always tough.

ReputationRep:
    Is it wrong to support The Americans when I'm English?

I'm sorry, but I'm a big Sasha Cohen fan, I was fairly upset wehn Michelle kwan withdrew a few days ago aswell - I'm big on figure skating, the only other thing I've watched on the Winter Olmpics so far is Curling (like watching paint dry but we have a slight chance do we brits)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnaChance)
    Yes

ReputationRep:

I'm sorry, but I'm a big Sasha Cohen fan, I was fairly upset wehn Michelle kwan withdrew a few days ago aswell - I'm big on figure skating, the only other thing I've watched on the Winter Olmpics so far is Curling (like watching paint dry but we have a slight chance do we brits)
    Nah, it's not a big deal, especially when there is no one from your country in the competition.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm quarter Irish and Quarter German which kinda makes m half-british which means I'm only half obligated to like them -

ReputationRep:
    My Uncle is a white-sox fan, Aunt is a cubs fan (They're americans) Trust me, it gets ugly -

I've gottta say, as much as I loved Sammy Sosa in his hayday, he was the only reason I liked the cubs with edge, now I'm a white sox girl -

ReputationRep:

It is wrong to support anyone over the English/British but if none of them are competing it is acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch - how painful did that fall by the figure skater today look!?

ReputationRep:
    nothing wrong with the yanks

its the U.S administration that there is something seriously wrong with, any Americans i've stumbled across and they with me, very warm, charming people.

I.e. Roddick, fantastic tennis player, great personality and bubbly....all this anti-americanism bóllocks - its pitiful and people confuse it with what it isnt - it surely is related/ applies to American big-business and the US administration, Bush and his close group of 'advisers' etc....

ReputationRep:
    how can people die just running marathons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    how can people die just running marathons?
    Dehydration...

ReputationRep:
    Great line up tomorrow...GB curling, Mens ice hockey, Mens moguls, speed skating and womens downhill.

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait for Slovakia v. Russia in hockey!

ReputationRep:
    My Uncle is a white-sox fan, Aunt is a cubs fan (They're americans) Trust me, it gets ugly -

I've gottta say, as much as I loved Sammy Sosa in his hayday, he was the only reason I liked the cubs with edge, now I'm a white sox girl -
    TRAITOR! When I first got into baseball he was the only cub that was constantly mentioned...so i did have respect for him...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Does anyone know if there's anywhere I can see the men's solo skating again?

ReputationRep:
    London Blitz American Football Club at Linford Christie Stadium which is right by Hammersmith Hospital. To get there by tube you will need to take the central line to East Acton. Alternatively by bus route 7 goes to the hospital where a 5 minute walk will lead you to the stadium.

ReputationRep:
    4 time BDO champ ray barneveld has just defected to the PDC and will play in the premier league darts tomorrow against ronnie baxter.

Personally I think Phil Taylor is still going to clean this title up.

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to say that I think Baseball is vastly underated in the UK.

I've been over in Tampa numerous times and seen the Devil Rays (yeah I know they're really bad, but my Auntie is from Tampa) and it's a great sport.

ReputationRep:
    As good as Barnie is, I can't see him getting the better of Taylor.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.