Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Didnt expect this especially after he said he wasnt going to change. He is the 2nd best in the world behind Taylor imo

ReputationRep:
    Good stuff....

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, NDGAARONDI! For those that are interested, I've found out so far that Royal Holloway has American Football Club, and you can train/play if you join their Student Union, but for friendly games only (can't compete unless you belong to their Uni).

ReputationRep:
    like i said earlier the best pace for training dor long distances is the pace at which you can quite comfortably talk to someone. It may seem really slow but it really does build up your stamina very well. And although i don't know your physical condition then i think that 11 as you suggested should be around there.

ReputationRep:
    I should have looked at your location being in Surrey. I live in Middlesex so I just gave the first thing which sprang to mind. The University of London Union (ULU) used to have an American Football society but it wasn't at the stalls this year at the exhibition day. I guess either nobody was there to take people's interest or it has been dissolved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Great line up tomorrow...GB curling, Mens ice hockey, Mens moguls, speed skating and womens downhill.

Men's Moguls Final coming up at 4.30

ReputationRep:
    1/2 the distance shame. That is why I do the gym. The wind hurts my teeth and ears.

Also the treadmill makes you go or you go flying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Men's Moguls Final coming up at 4.30

Moguls was quality! Thought Ronkainen was unlucky not to get gold, a great early run. Didnt think Begg Smith was any better but hard to tell as I only see it once every 4 years. Felt sorry for Bilodeau, 18 year old Canadian, I thought he had a great run all but the second landing but the judges seemed harsh. He had the best aerials by far but I guess that only counts for 25%

ReputationRep:
    although most would find it unacceptable I found big dunc giving scharner a right hook acceptable or when he choked stefan freund

ReputationRep:
    yes, PA knights! went to the britbowl last year, 2 good games.

ReputationRep:
    A place where we can talk about how awesome Australia's best female snowboarder is :cool:

http://www.skiingaustralia.org.au/snowboard_bright.asp

http://www.skatelog.com/x-games/athl...rah-bright.htm

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Que...700581606.html

She's so cool :love: :adore: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Woo go Australia! One gold medal LOL it's not much but hey, for our country to do this in the Winter Olympics, things are finally looking up :cool:

Go Torah Bright!

ReputationRep:
    There is a case for arguing that because sport comes with its own special set of circumstances i.e contact sport, the playing culture etc, that is not for the standard legal procedures of criminal law and that the internal governing bodies such as the clubs themselves and the FA deal with it themselves. However, I would certainly debate strongly that incidents such as that between Bowyer and Dyer should be subject to such procedures as punching your fellow player is clearly not part of the game (although that again is a matter for debate lol ). Michael Essien is another key offender - personally I don't think that the clubs sanctions are strict enough, but thats for Chelsea to decide. There is a very subtle difference between what can be construed as going for the ball and an intention to hurt someone. Any player can defend themselves by saying this, and thus its very difficult to prove and consequently bring about legal proceedings.
    I would argue that, where a player admits intention to injure (such as Roy Keane/Haaland etc) and where the activites are so outside the realm of professional sporting conduct (punch-ups, hitting someone etc) then there could be a case for criminal proceedings.

As to Rooney, aggression, drive and thirst for the game almost certainly make him the player he is, but a lot of our great and successful players today and in the past do not possess his degree of aggression. I think the question is when he takes it too far, which he has on occasion.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    it will be nice to see him play Phil Taylor all the same but yeah no one is a match for Phil 'The Power' Taylor

ReputationRep:
    this Snowboarding Crossmen thingy currently on - crazy but so kewl....some of those jumps awesome.

ReputationRep:
    The Snowboard Cross has been superb, we've got a lass going in it tomorrow.

Gutted I'm going to miss the 2nd Semi and the Final. - gotta go lecture !

ReputationRep:
    Snowboard Cross is absolute quality. Come on Font in the final!!!

ReputationRep:
    Wescott wins! Not the best race, Delarue just took out Font early on, farcical. Good riding from Wescott to overtake Zidek. It's great viewing but you have to rely on luck. Half the time someone takes you out or you have to avoid someone wiping out infront of you. It's almost best to be in last and then just comes through when 2nd and 3rd mess up. Im surprised there isnt more protests and disqualifications.

Great action though

ReputationRep:
    you should look into cross country as well i hace moved slightly towards it after being focused on downhill last year its great craic

ReputationRep:
    im a runner so i kno my stuff.

if your training for a 10k you need to work up to running more than that distance in your training at 1 time. that doesn't just mean going out and running 12k straight away. work up to this. start off by doing steady runs. then build in sum pace (e.g do a 10minute slow warm up then do 1minute at quite a fast speed with 2minutes slow jog recovery then do a minute fast again then 2mins recovery) things like this giv u a better pace and u eventually find ur long runs easier. don't do any sprinting as this is not needed. i never do anything below 200m but i only do 200m intervals when i am training in the summer for events such as 800m and 1500m but as i am in winter training now and all of my races don't go below 6k then the shortest intervals i do are about 2minutes, these are beggining to decrease as i am heading towards the bigger, more meaningfull races and need an injection of pace so as that i can keep up with the front runners.

u don't necessarily need to have a sprint finish. i don't have 1 and still manage to win and beat people at the finish. all you need to do is run the sprint or "kick" out of people by running at a slightly faster pace throughout so that they can not burst past u at the end as they do not have enough energy.

this is my mates account but i shall be back on if any1 wants any help or is interested in anything to do with athletics. hope ive helped.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.