Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    SILVER in the skeleton bob. Great performance from Rudman!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Woohooo!!!!! Well done Rudman, that was brilliant!!! Why do we do well in the skeleton despite very little funding?

ReputationRep:
    yay! go rudman! I know, how do we do so well in the skeleton despite very little funding?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ts/4721282.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    Yea...hence why I do not approve of trouts single-minded attitude towards welsh rugby being surpreme no matter what happens, since that attitude has caused me a lot of pain in the past
    What pain?

ReputationRep:
    Any cycling fans out there?
    NAH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trouttrout)
    What pain?
    got beaten up for being english...fun eh

ReputationRep:
    The weekend is getting sooner.....

ReputationRep:
    The powergen games this weekend should be awesome though...especially corry and dallaglio getting stuck into each other - huge tension there!

ReputationRep:
    I'll expect at least one sin bin then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    got beaten up for being english...fun eh
    Well don't tar us all with the same brush 'eh! I was at the Millenium Stadium last year watching Wales v England.... many English around us. Was a brilliant day. Didn't see any bother.....

ReputationRep:
    Right today at the gym whilst warming up I did a short sprint for 500m and it took me inbetween 40-50 seconds and noone believes me and I don't get why.

ReputationRep:
    do able...
    But the machines at my gym don't go to a sprinting speed (on toes and using arms alot) only really a fast jogging speed... fastest is 14.4km/h....

So it must have been a great machine you are using!

ReputationRep:
    SWEDEN LOST 5-0?!?!?
    Damn

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they go up to about 22kmh at my gym My fastest jogging is about 16kmh

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! Russia had my blessing, as it makes Slovakia the team with the best record so far. Great to see Alexei Kovalev get a goal. And Ovechkin was so excited to score. I don't know what has happened to the universe, but suddenly the Russians are a more sympathetic team than the Swedes to me.

ReputationRep:
    barney won comfortably 8-1 against baxter

ReputationRep:
    That's the great thing about rugby. Can't do that in football.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps the lack of belief is something along the lines of top Olympic athlete's will do 100m in 10s, equating to 500m in 50s. Also to do that sort of time the treadmill will have to do something like 36km/h

Edit: even though you are not likely to have been going from a standing start os Olympians would, it still seems rather fast, especially as you probably wouldn't be able to maintain the same speed for the full distance...

ReputationRep:
    22kmh?!?!? DAMN!!!!

I need to get on those!

Or I could get pull my footie boots on and go to park...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiempo)
    do able...
    But the machines at my gym don't go to a sprinting speed (on toes and using arms alot) only really a fast jogging speed... fastest is 14.4km/h....

So it must have been a great machine you are using!
    What?! Thats no good for a treadmill. I find treadmills are really good for interval training since they really get you going in a way its very hard to in short bursts on track etc. 14.4 just doesn't cut it for intervals.

So you are saying you were going at just under 80-100 second kilometre speed for half a kilometre. Nah, it didn't happen sorry :P

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.