?
Report 13 years ago
How good was the match today
psychic_satori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I feel bad because apparently you're the only one here appreciating Torah Bright. It's really impressive that she kept competing after she dislocated her shoulder on some jump, though. My shoulders pop in and out of joint all the time, and it's very painful, and I'm sure it would be worse for someone who isn't used to it.
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by psychic_satori)
I feel bad because apparently you're the only one here appreciating Torah Bright. It's really impressive that she kept competing after she dislocated her shoulder on some jump, though. My shoulders pop in and out of joint all the time, and it's very painful, and I'm sure it would be worse for someone who isn't used to it.
I know, she's such a good sport! She gets in there and goes for it, with skill and ambition.
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by trouttrout)
Well don't tar us all with the same brush 'eh! I was at the Millenium Stadium last year watching Wales v England.... many English around us. Was a brilliant day. Didn't see any bother.....
This was at school, not in games - so very different.
tiempo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by JohnC)
What?! Thats no good for a treadmill. I find treadmills are really good for interval training since they really get you going in a way its very hard to in short bursts on track etc. 14.4 just doesn't cut it for intervals.

So you are saying you were going at just under 80-100 second kilometre speed for half a kilometre. Nah, it didn't happen sorry :P
I find out again on Wednesday. I think the other ones go faster, but those are always packed... and I always get a nasty static shock from the side bars
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Q.E.D)
Indeed, but maybe I'm just saying that as India whooped Pakistan.
Whizz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Q.E.D)
The indian bowling attack smashed it. I love Pathan's performance in this series - after he got ripped by all those fair weather fans, he's finally stood up and shown them what it's all about. Glad they're playing new blood too - love Shreesanths agressivness, even though it verges on psychotic scary at times

India's batting were ok, bit predictable because any fool knew we were gona win.

Pak let it go (i wonder why :rolleyes: ) but hey, at least they sorted out their batting order for this match!
teenageclay
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well I did thats one thing I'm good at maintaining speed I was running at 22kmh I think and finished it in 40-50 secs
Kooldood
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No, actually I would say that the stupidity of Pakistan's batting won the match for India, I dont think there was anything special from India's performance, apart from Dravid, but 161 runs on a 300+ pitch is not even close to saying it is well below par. There is no sentence to describe it.
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kooldood)
No, actually I would say that the stupidity of Pakistan's batting won the match for India, I dont think there was anything special from India's performance, apart from Dravid, but 161 runs on a 300+ pitch is not even close to saying it is well below par. There is no sentence to describe it.
Yeah, Pakistan played below par, but India didn't, hence India deserved to win - it's not that hard to comprehend, is it? Pak batted appallingly on a flat wicket and India bowled well, nothing exceptional, but constantly put the ball in the right areas. Then we only batted sedately as there was no pressure/need to go any quicker when chasing such a low score.
Aplin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Does any one know the student price for esporta gym and if the student membership has any limitations? much appriciated =)
_EMMA_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by tiempo)
SWEDEN LOST 5-0?!?!?
Damn
yes they did but look at the females! they are in the final against canada or finland!

i'm very happy for them, canada (which i think they'll meet) are a better team but i'm just glad cause i think that they will be better than the males. don't get me wrong if the males win the gold i will be happy as well but the women hasn't got as much appreciation even though they are better many times.

one of the biggest misstakes (and one of the stupidest things done) so far has to be made by lindsey jacobellis. for those of you who didn't see it, she was alone with a couple of metres to the finish line (snowboard) when she decides to, "show off" or do some sort of trick, she miss the landing and becomes 2nd. i think it was so stupid, she had the gold. however i'm sure she regrets it as well.
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't think it was a 300 pitch. The ball was nipping around at the beginning of both innings. In fact, I reckon 240-250 could have been a competitive total. Some of the shots played by the Pakistani batsmen were stupid, but India bowled well used the conditions perfectly, and deserved to win.
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Socrates)
I don't think it was a 300 pitch. The ball was nipping around at the beginning of both innings. In fact, I reckon 240-250 could have been a competitive total. Some of the shots played by the Pakistani batsmen were stupid, but India bowled well used the conditions perfectly, and deserved to win.
I don't think 250 would be competetive. India weren't even pushing in the run chase (well, it was more of a run stroll actually ), and would have easily made 250 as they had 17+ overs to spare.
El Scotto
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

And if they're both as dull as each other, how come the former is mostly enjoyed by the ole folks.
Nightowl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I like them both, personnaleh.
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Bowls. I'm watching the curling, anticipating the one horrific fall that will completely humiliate one of the players. It's coming, but it would never happen in bowls.
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
Bowls. I'm watching the curling, anticipating the one horrific fall that will completely humiliate one of the players. It's coming, but it would never happen in bowls.
One of the old people could fall over..
Q.E.D
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
But there would also have been a lot more pressure, imo they made the runs so easily sue to a huge psychological advantage as well as becasue it was an easy total. Tip the balance in the mind, and that can win half the game.
Q.E.D
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They are bth more fun to play i guess, because they are both high strategy low action sports- but that'a just what i think
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (302)
37.47%
No - but I will (61)
7.57%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.44%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (383)
47.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed