Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
To watch they're both a bit dull. I thought about playing bowls at one point though.
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Angel Interceptor)
I don't think 250 would be competetive. India weren't even pushing in the run chase (well, it was more of a run stroll actually ), and would have easily made 250 as they had 17+ overs to spare.
I think it was a 250ish pitch. The ball was doing a bit in the beginning of the Indian innings too, and having got Tendulkar for 0, I reckon Pakistan would have fancied their chances. Its all speculation though...
Angel Interceptor
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Socrates)
I think it was a 250ish pitch. The ball was doing a bit in the beginning of the Indian innings too, and having got Tendulkar for 0, I reckon Pakistan would have fancied their chances. Its all speculation though...
Yeah, you're right, we're speculating. Anyhows, I'll leave the speculation for tomorrow, eh?
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Heh.

See you there - 12 noon, Leicester Square Station.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why Lindsey
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
Why Lindsey
lol what an idiot. She deserved that. Madness
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
She was from Vermont too
Top_Cat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
Why Lindsey
Was that the Snowboarder!?! Whoops
Bailey
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LauraWalker)
1/2 the distance shame. That is why I do the gym. The wind hurts my teeth and ears.

Also the treadmill makes you go or you go flying
I run 10k on the treadmill once a week, makes me feel better that i cant do it outside! a few weeks ago a lady fell of cause she was dicking about with her ipod. she went flying (he he) anyway I got terrible cramp because i was trying not to laugh and then the man next to me was laughing and he fell off as well. Am I a bad person? It was really funny. :p:
Bailey
Report 13 years ago
In guildford i got mine for £42 per month and think its about £100 joining fee. You can normally haggle the joining fee tho. Go to the gym dont phone. first price they quote Nod thoughtfully and say something along the lines of "not to worry then my friends gym was (take 25-50% off of the quote). Use your initiative. Good luck!
Bailey
Report 13 years ago
Had £15 on barney! yay! Cant wait for barney-taylor!!!!!!
arktos
Report 13 years ago
I'm not surprised they dont believe you since the world indoor 400m record is something just under 45 seconds. Your treadmill is an innacurate substitute for the real thing, so go outside, mark 500 metres and see how fast you can do it, If you can in that time; sign up for the olympics. If not, stop talking complete and utter crap.
Maya
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm thinking about getting into racing too. If you are just starting out I would recommend getting a bike with the best groupset you can afford (Shimano 105 or better). Heres a good website http://www.wiggle.co.uk
tiempo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Curling.

At least there was a streaker in bowls once! Couldn't imagine streaking on ice!!! very cold and lots of chance you will slip and land bare cheeked on ice
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Can both be enjoyable and boring but since we are the only people who play bowls curling is probably better.
uzi786
Badges: 9
Report 13 years ago
I need to know the proper name of that white tape that boxers put on under their boxing gloves. Im sure its a tape, but is there a profesional name? Coz I need some of that, and if theres a proper name, I'll be much easier to find!
Thanks in advance!
justbrowsing
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Sorry for the irrelevance of this but, supposing you (guys that is) were to play rugby for a National League One team, would you get paid for doing so? What I mean is, do they get a salary? Thanks and sorry for the irrerlevance. I know this'd be better in the sport catagory, but tis section receives quicker replies, and someones bound to know!
JeromeBettis36
Report 13 years ago
Yes I play in it
JeromeBettis36
Report 13 years ago
Yeah you could join the Royal Holloway Vikings but they totally suck ass
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes, you do get paid for playing in National League One, most of the players will either receive a contract for playing in the season, or match payments and win bonuses only, some players will have a combination of a basic contract and match payments/bonuses on top of that.
Remember though that as it is semi-professional they will have to have another job on top of that, they won't earn enough to live on unless they are at one of the full-time clubs like Widnes or Hull KR
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads