Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If it's Man Utd then I have no sympathy. I would have more sympathy if it was Arsenal but no way Man Utd.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think Abramovic is good for football in anyway, nor Glazer for that matter, and I believe that they bought the title. It's just a shame that football is more of a business these days than a sport. A lot of the players are as much to blame as anyone.

ReputationRep:
    nah, Lindsey Hunter \o/

ReputationRep:
    This is what happens when sport turns professional....

Also, in 1991/92 did anyone object Man Utd joining the stock exchange back then? Probably a lot more now....

ReputationRep:
    I think Chelsea are ruining the game. Let's banish them to Roman's yatch

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I've been too pleased with Arsenal, Leeds or Millwall in recent years either....

ReputationRep:
    Firstly I was joking and secondly, what have Leeds done?

ReputationRep:
    Leeds are known for their fascist supporters. Since going downhill this seems to have disappeared, bit like Fiorentina in Italy. I notice you never asked the same question for Millwall.

ReputationRep:
    what r u idiots on about. ur not gonna get jail time just for snorting coke. ok, if you had a large quanttity and were intending to sell it, it might be.same with the wayne rooney thing, nobody is gonna go to jail for a scuffle where there were no serious injuries. the prisons are already too full as it is without locking up celebs for petty crimes

ReputationRep:
    I kind of guessed what the problem with Millwall was And leeds are known for fascist supporters? hm, ok. But both of them are "problems" with supporters not the way a club is run which is what so many people are peeved off about Chelsea.

I suppose I should ask what Arsenal have done recently though I can take a guess.

ReputationRep:
    i have noticed that chelsea are bidding for the same players Man U are. I dont support manu btw.

ReputationRep:
    You can guess about Arsenal but it's nothing recent....

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Tapping up should be legalised by the FA because EU law and other FAs in Europe permit it. Plus I'm sure other teams have done the same as Chelsea in the past with their economic power, it just wasn't hyped up by media etc as much as Chelsea today.
    We've been prosecuted for tapping up Ziege, yet I still think tapping up is a disgrace. I have absolutely no sympathy for the players, nor the clubs involved - whether it involves Chelsea, Manchester United, Real, or Liverpool for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    anyone play golf regularly?
    I have just become interested in it .. I've been playng on and off for a few years at driving ranges and some 9 hole courses, but now I play maybe every week and go driving weelky as well. It's great fun now!

My dad traded his old clubs for some really good second hand beginners clubs that are pretty nice, and I'm using his old driver.. big bertha!

anyone else play? Any good? haha

Me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guilly)
    what r u idiots on about. ur not gonna get jail time just for snorting coke.
    Hah. Tell me you're not serious. Didn't they ever do drugs education or something like that at your school? Do you seriously think that snorting coke isn't illegal? God help you if you ever get caught doing that because as they say, ignorance of the law is no defence.

You should've talked to FRANK mate... but it sounds like you haven't so, try this:

The Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 is the main piece of legislation covering drugs. The law places drugs into three different categories, known as Class A, B and C. Drugs regulated in this way are known as 'controlled' substances, and Class A drugs are those considered to be the most harmful, while drugs classified C are those considered not as harmful.

Under the Misuse of Drugs Act it is an offence to:

* Possess a controlled substance unlawfully
    * Possess a controlled substance with intent to supply it
    * To unlawfully supply a controlled drug (even where no charge is made for the drug)
    * To allow premises you occupy or manage to be used for the purpose of drug taking

The following are the maximum punishments under UK law.

Class A drugs - Crack Cocaine, Cocaine, Ecstasy, Heroin, LSD, Magic Mushrooms (prepared for use) and Methadone. Any Class B drug that is prepared for injection.
    POSSESSION - 7 years in prison and/or unlimited fine.
    SUPPLY - life in prison and/or unlimited fine.

Class B drugs Amphetamines, codeine in concentrations above 2.5%, ritalin and barbiturates.
    POSSESSION - 5 years in prison and/or unlimited fine.
    SUPPLY - 14 years in prison and/or unlimited fine.

Class C drugs

Cannabis, Anabolic steroids, tranquillisers which includes Valium and Rohypnol.
    POSSESSION - 2 years in prison and/or unlimited fine.
    SUPPLY - 5 years in prison and/or unlimited fine

That should clear up any confusion now - and it doesn't say celebrities or footballers are exempt from this law as far as I can see...

ReputationRep:
    It pains me that dwayne peel is welsh

ReputationRep:
    Wilkinson is the best kicker in the world, why would you want stephen jones sharing the kicks? Wilkinson is also a far better fly-half, and having jones and wilkinson side by side was a disaster on wednesday..

ReputationRep:
    my favourite sport is basketball love to play it and watch it. Anybody play National League this year and are any ballers goin 2 notts trent?

ReputationRep:
    Wilkinson with Henson would be a good option for kicking, also gives the option of any long range penalties.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.